Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:11:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15
Total: 15

Author Topic: Other Manga  (Read 2238 times)

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
Other Manga
« on: June 22, 2011, 06:23:01 AM »
Just noticed we don't have a place to talk about non UY related manga (if we do then I need new glasses).
We have a Other Anime section we should have a Other Manga section.

Anyway, because I just saw a manga that... was something else. I guess its my fault... I should read the genre tags before reading the manga.  :-\ Just searching for Ecchii and Seinen isn't safe. Well I guess the name was a very strong give away of what I was about to read... but after going into a hentai manga fest... my mind was... lets say... a bit slow to react.

Seriously we need a law that prohibits ecchii manga that is also Gender bender, Horror, Lolicon, Mystery, Psychological, School Life, Seinen, Supernatural and Tragedy all at the same time. My hearth even skipped a beat when I saw the 1st pages of the Horror/Tragedy genre. Really I only saw 5 chapters (only 5 and a special are available at the moment) and I'm starting to regret reading this... not because it's bad... it's because I want to see/read more of it... and I'm not a Horror, etc kind of guy.

I'll leave the link to it... but be warned its not for the weak hearted... And I thought High-school of the Dead was bad. (Ecchii/Horror).

Name: Corpse Party Musume

There's an alternative version called Corpse Party Blood Covered but there's no ecchii in it.

If it's too much for you, you can always check this manga soon to be aired as anime that is very promising.
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai

MAL: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai

That's all for today... If I find anything interesting I'll post it here. But probably will be only for +18 year old...  ;D
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
Re: Other Manga
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 06:27:57 PM »
Wait, Sensei, it appears that all the chapters of "Corpse Party Musume" (WTF?!?) were uploaded today so I am starting to think you were on a rush to read all the Manga series you could find (I don't think that is such a bad idea but it seems it has left you with a trauma)

The other series you mentioned seems like another variant of the genre that spawned Haruhi and Angel Beats but I will give it a chance

Now, regarding a section for Other Manga, you should feel free to post about it here or in the Other Anime section or ask Lum-Chan to split some sections (We are moderators so I think we can also split some topics/sections)

Finally, it's good to see you again, Sensei!

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
Re: Other Manga
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 02:25:35 AM »
;D

I've been on a hentai/doujinshi rampage... (damn internet). From last saturday to yesterday (Corpse Party Musume kinda killed the mood ;D ) I've seen intoxicated with  EH (Ecchii-Hentai). From good H-manga series to the very weird doujinshi one shots that really where mostly about things that are morally wrong. I did stay away from the heavy disturbing ones... When I got to Corpse Party Musume I was expecting anything but that thing just... well it was unexpected... LoL
It wasn't much of a trauma, but, when you spend so much time laughing and enjoying comedy/romance H-manga... something like that really trows you off track...

As for Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai if its similar to Haruhi or Angel Beats... I can't tell because I haven't seen Haruhi (and will never) and Angel Beats I dropped it... just wasn't that interesting to me...

But I like Boku wa Tomodachi because it my type of thing comedy, romance, school life, comedy and more comedy... LoL
And the fact that... they are so cute... I mean look at them:

You got to love them. ;D

Anyway, today's manga recommendation: Ane Doki
The story centers on a 13 year old boy who is pushed around by a mysterious 17 year old girl. First she forces him to let her move in with him, then she takes his bed and that's only the beginning. What's in store for this innocent 13 year old boy whose life is being throw upside down by this girl!?

Enjoy
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?