Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:18:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 20
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 7
Total: 7

Author Topic: This Title...This Reason!  (Read 2900 times)

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
This Title...This Reason!
« on: June 08, 2011, 12:40:23 AM »
Hello, Lumaholics, your friend Cosmic King is reporting for duty and starting a topic where all of us will explain (willingly, of course) the reason why we chose our usernames

I shall begin to give the example

It was March 2006 when I was just a young man with rebellion at my heart and a love for Urusei Yatsura, been the latter the reason I decided to join this community

All I needed was a name and I chose "King Invader" (in case you are wondering, I still use that name to when I have to log in here) because I have always liked anything to do with the royalty and because it contained the last name of Lum's Father

It was a fitting name considering that I was an extreme spammer during mine first months (feel free to check mine early posts and you''ll think that wasn't me) but I was starting to awake to Justice thanks to the help of nice fellows like Falling Star and eventually I started to act in a much better way

It was the time for me to be reborn

It was July 2006 when I made an important decision regarding my new way of acting and thinking

BTW, from now on I am no longer King Invader, I have been reborn as Cosmic King (I think it sounds better)

Aye, it sounded better and seemed to imply (at least to me) that I was starting to have some harmony within myself

The reason I chose "Cosmic King" was because of mine love for Science Fiction and a desire of becoming somebody important in this wonderful forum

I must say I have succeeded in becoming something of importance, Lumaholics, and that's why I always want to give you the best of me

Now it's time to listen to your stories

Offline Kasaioni

• Fan
Re: This Title...This Reason!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 12:54:27 AM »
Hmm, I don't remember exactly when it was. Probably the same time as you actually, the school year of September '05 - June '06, somewhere in there. This was around the time I was still watching Inuyasha on TV (and now I'm back in the Rumic world with this series).

I was 13 years old and wanted to translate "Fire Demon" into Japanese, so I needed an online translator of coarse. So I found this really random one after going to something like page 20 in google and punched it in and Kasaioni came up.

Now of coarse I'm pretty sure Kasaioni is NOT fire demon in Japanese. I'm pretty sure it's just some broken Japanese that means nothing. However I didn't really realize that till a while later, and it sort of stuck with me. It's been my online alias for 5 or 6 years now and it's become a second name to me. So 90% the time if I join something that needs a username, I use Kasaioni.

If anything it means Umbrella Demon or literally, "Demon One Umbrella" according to Google Translate. lol
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 12:56:09 AM by Kasaioni »

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 01:26:54 AM »
Mine came from my youtube username.

And that took the Urusei from the show (obviously) and the Neo came from the guy who started uploading the series on youtube first (Neo1Fox?)

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 04:44:32 AM »
I was involved in an amateur sports-car racing series called Formula Vee (a single-seat racecar built with VW Beetle parts) so I took the fail-pun nick "Veehive" for myself on the Formula Vee Interchange. I kept it when I signed up here.

Now, I find I've outgrown it. So, I'm usually found by the screen name Manx on other forums (fora? fori?) I've joined since: I have diabolical plans to install a set of nekomimi on a flatcap for stylish wear (to cover the ever-growing bald spot up top) at cons and the like, so "Manx" seems appropos, n'est-ce pas?
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline foxhead556

• Huge Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 06:07:33 AM »
well after finishing my active service in the navy i thought i would kick back with some games. I found gunz the duel interesting so i went to sign up and since i had metal gear solid on the mind i picked foxhead and some random numbers which were 556. and thus foxhead556 was born

Get Wild and Tough!

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 11:23:18 AM »
Okay... Everyone seems to pick up things... I'm cata because that's my nickname. xD

However, since it doesn't work in every website I'm in, I had to come up with a new one. I don't like numbers on my usernames so cata173414 or something was out of the question. So, I was watching The L Word, one of my favourite series (not Anime LoL) and this character Shane (it's a woman) is really cool. Outgoing, fun to be around, tomboyish, etc and in some way, like me (no, I don't have sex with anything that walks xD ). So at this point, I was using "Cata" or "Shane".

One day, I was on MSN and I was having a chat with some people I met online and they were like "What's Cata?" or "Oh you're Shane? I thought you were someone else because you're username is Cata here". So, I got tired of answering to these questions and I changed my username on MSN to "Cata or Shane". Next day, on school everyone called me by "CatóShane" (Cut-aw-Shane) so I accidentally made a new nickname for myself. xD

Chances are, if you find "Cata or Shane", "CoS" or "CataOrShane", that would be me. ;)

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 07:32:48 AM »
Ataru means "to get hit" and Moroboshi means "falling star."

So... I guess that explains it. Now the reason why I got Falling Star and not Moroboshi is simple... originality... ;D and sounds cool :P

I did have second thoughts about the name and wanted to change it to Moroboshi but then a certain italian otaku registered and used the name Moroboshi... at least he does honor that name being the perv he is... LoL

This name (username) is only used in anime related stuff. Used it as my MSN name but only when talking with Cosmic, Sand, Cody aka Forgotten Lum, Kroptik, etc... on our crazy MSN chat of madness... LoL
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 12:17:44 PM »
^ As if you weren't a perv... xD