Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:33:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 24
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12
Total: 12

Author Topic: Saddest anime moment for you?  (Read 3701 times)

Offline foxhead556

• Huge Fan
Saddest anime moment for you?
« on: April 25, 2011, 06:42:49 AM »
Well my saddest moment was the ED of Urusei Yatsura. It may sound silly but i was depressed for a few days after i finished Urusei Yatsura the final chapter. Like i didn't feel like doing anything and my GF comforted me on it but thankfully after a few days i got over it. So whats your saddest anime moment?

Get Wild and Tough!

Offline SonicxReiHino

• Big Fan
Re: Saddest anime moment for you?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 07:45:12 AM »
My saddest moment was about an anime called Fushigi Yuugi, where at the end, Miaka was able to meet Tamahome who came from inside of the fairytale book to be with her. He'd said that even if it took a thousand years, he would be with her. To me that was very very very sweet.

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 09:04:05 AM »
The first anime that made me really sad was Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Spoiler (hover to show)

I was in shock for nearly a week, it had really hit me so much that I almost didn't want to continue watching this great anime. I continued watching them later on, at the end it was a very good anime with over the top action that can be only be described with one word: Epic

▲
▲ ▲

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 04:51:55 PM »
TTGL is indeed best described as "Epic" and almost everyone who's watched it agrees.

I think that (Spoiler) was an interesting move because no anime EVER does this, and that's something I liked about it.  The ending MORE than made up for all the bad things that happened :p

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 03:28:20 AM »
Perfect timing from Sankaku complex, Gurren Lagann came in 4th

Japanese anime fans forced to admit which anime reduced them to tears supply an intensely tragic ranking sure to wet the eyes of even the sternest anime aficionado.

The ranking can sensibly be divided into late-night anime (i.e. what most non-Japanese regard as the “anime” genre) and mainstream Japanese animation (i.e. animated films and cartoons) – first the late-night anime:

1. CLANNAD

2. AIR

3. Evangelion

4. Gurren Lagann

5. Eureka Seven

6. Fruits Basket

7. Saikano

8. Kanon

9. Twin Spica

10. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha

Other high placements in this genre are Nadia, Toradora! and Utawarerumono; pure mecha anime also did well with high placements from Gundam, Macross and Code Geass.

The mainstream anime ranking is predictably dominated by Ghibli and childhood classics:

1. Grave of the Fireflies

2. A Dog of Flanders

3. Crayon Shin-chan: The Adult Empire

4. Laputa – Castle in the Sky

5. Doraemon: Nobita’s Dinosaur

6. 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother

7. Heidi

8. One Piece

9. Crayon Shin-chan: Appare

10. Toki o Kakeru Shōjo

See also the top 10 anime movies, or for a late-night selection the top 10 unmissable anime.

Top 10 Tearjerker Anime (NSFW)

▲
▲ ▲

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 01:15:56 AM »
Since we're on Gurren Lagann (and how epic it is), I uploaded this for kicks:

Minor Movie Spoilers (Lagann-Hen)

#Invalid YouTube Link#

(If I used spoiler tags, btw, you'd have to keep ur mouse hovered over the video XD, so I left them out)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 01:17:55 AM by UruseiNeo »

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 06:59:01 AM »
The first anime that made me really sad was Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Spoiler (hover to show)

I was in shock for nearly a week, it had really hit me so much that I almost didn't want to continue watching this great anime. I continued watching them later on, at the end it was a very good anime with over the top action that can be only be described with one word: Epic

LoL

Exactly the same as me... ;D

Yet my saddest anime moment for me is not this one... the anime that I cried like a little girl (that I am) was the Clannad movie (well I think I cried with the anime to)... it has a good ending but... there's a part there that makes your hearth tight in sadness...

Btw, what's sad about Evangelion? The way it we wasted time of our lives watching it and in the end we are left confused and trying to understand what the hell happened? ;D
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 10:09:51 AM »
I think I've mentioned this before but I was more into OkazakiXSakagami pairing in Clannad. I knew this pairing would never happen except for the spinoff Clannad: Another World, Tomoyo Chapter. Having that kind of mentality didn't allow me to enjoy the Clannad movie because it felt more of a chore seeing it. the anime had many touching moments overall it was a good anime.

One series that actually it wasn't sad but it was more of a disappointment was Ichigo 100%
Spoiler (hover to show)

This outcome had me in denial for a few days and I even read a letter from the author stating that herself that she was about to go for the first candidate as the choice but chose the second candidate as a more realistic. I even saw on a heated debate on a forum on a divided opinion on what the ending should of been.

but the author didn't do it once, it did it twice another one on Ane-Doki!

finding out that she also did Hatsukoi Limited made me hesitate on watching the rest of the anime.

▲
▲ ▲

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 05:57:48 AM »
Well on that note... Shuffle! also surprised me... in the end he didn't go for any of the 1st choices.

Saddest end to a harem anime... School Days... Hahahahaha...  :nosmile2:

Hatsukoi Limited was good because each girl got a boyfriend or each boy got a girlfriend... Whatever... ;D ending sucked a bit...
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 08:05:41 AM »
Hatsukoi Limited had a nice ending, at least to me XD

School Days didn't end sad... it was HORRIFYING

Currently on 17/24 of Shuffle! :D

*watching Episode 24*

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaah, WHAT THE HELL???????
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 01:59:03 AM by UruseiNeo »