Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:23:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 30
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Author Topic: Your Urusei Yatsura Purchase/Fan Articles  (Read 52918 times)

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
Re: Your Urusei Yatsura Purchase/Fan Articles
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2012, 05:22:20 AM »
The Figma lum is very cool but as was stated it's expensive. Great if you want to pose Lum tho.
You can still get one for ~$90 but they go up in price from there.

Is this the Happinet Lum figure you mean? It's the only one I have seen from Happinet.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Happinet-Urusei-Yatsura-Lum-1-6-Doll-Figure-/320634868942

I like the Bome figures, they are huge and look very good except I don't like manga Lum with red hair.
Why keep a dog and bark yourself?

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2012, 02:25:12 PM »
I'll testify to the quality of the Bome figures. Excellent excellent excellent.
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline swizzle

• Fan
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2012, 07:47:04 AM »
Alright, I think it's time I finally post some Urusei Yatsura stuff I've been able to get.
Some of the stuff I've taken home to the US already like a Urusei Yatsura carrying pouch thing and my wide-ban manga, but most of it I still have here so I was able to take pictures.
I apologize in advance for the glare and blurriness in some of these pictures. My room has horrible lighting x.x

Just to go over some of the stuff. The books in the top pictures are Shounen Sunday Graphic books which are my favorite thing in my collection. There's 15 in total and I have a little over half of them right now (and plan on getting the rest). They contain Urusei Yatsura artwork, episode guides, movie info, merchandise info, Rumiko's manga about her daily life, music scores, cast interviews, stickers, one of them has a set of playing cards, they are just full of amazing stuff.

The cds are the Urusei Yatsura CD Single Memorial Album, which contains all 25 singles and a booklet containing the original cover art for all of the singles as well as all of the lyrics for the songs.

The gameboy game is complete with manual and box and everything as you can see and the Famicon cartridge is the Lum no Wedding Bell game along with a SHARP Twin Famicon for me to play it on (I also have around 40 other Famicon games). I've got those 3 figures, all of the original manga, about half of the reprint version of the manga, vol 3 of the bunko manga release, and in the US I have all of the wideban manga. That sticker is a new release that came out not too long ago and it's UV cut and waterproof. The other CD is the 10th year memorial album containing 2 songs. If you have any questions feel free to ask. At some point I may post some pictures of non-UY related stuff I've gotten here as well if you guys want (in another thread of course since this is a UY thread)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 08:11:31 AM by swizzle »
"There are many worlds, but they share the same sky -- One sky, one destiny."

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2012, 04:02:23 PM »
Great collection you have there Swizzle!
You should be able to find all sorts of cool UY merchandise in Japan.

Have you tried to find a UY Pachinko machine there? They have the Uruse Yatsura "Forever Love" Pachinko machines still in the Pachinko Parlors in Japan.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 10:22:28 PM by REDACTED »

Offline foxhead556

• Huge Fan
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2012, 07:23:35 PM »
I am not worthy of looking at ur collection Swizzle *bows down*

Get Wild and Tough!

Offline Kasaioni

• Fan
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2012, 01:20:39 AM »
The Figma lum is very cool but as was stated it's expensive. Great if you want to pose Lum tho.
You can still get one for ~$90 but they go up in price from there.

Just being able to pose it sells it for me.

And wow Swizzle, wow.

Offline swizzle

• Fan
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2012, 01:20:21 PM »
@Redacted, No, I haven't tried Pachinko yet. I'll probably go try it out in a couple weeks or so. That's definitely on my list of things to do before I leave Japan.

So you guys may think I have a decent collection of Urusei Yatsura stuff already, but today I got more money and went hunting in Akihabara. I couldn't believe some of the Urusei Yatsura stuff I was able to find.

So again a quick explanation of what the stuff is. The first 2 pictures are notepads and are recent releases. Next is the Urusei Yatsura DS game. Not sure if you guys know this about me or not, but I'm a huge gamer (have most of the well known classic consoles as well as new consoles with a ton of games) and I plan on getting every Urusei Yatsura game complete in box with manual (haven't been able to find the Lum no Wedding Bell in box yet) so this gets me closer to that goal. Next is the 1995 Music Calendar. It still has the calendar with it as seen in the picture and in the booklet is has the air date and name of every Urusei Yatsura episode and some other miscellaneous Urusei Yatsura info. so I was super excited to find that. Last but certainly not least is the t-shirt. One thing I've always wanted since I started watching Urusei Yatsura was a T-shirt for it and today I finally found one! It's the right size for me as well if I wanted to wear it (not sure if I will or not since it's really special to me and I want to keep it in good condition). So ya, today was a very successful day for me. I found some of the movie DVDs but each movie is over $60 and I'm not sure it's worth it for me. I may get the Rumic World OVA for about $35 on Blu-ray though. Need to re-watch it and see if it's worth buying or not.

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2012, 02:36:16 PM »
I have been tempted to buy the Urusei Yatsura Nintendo DS game but it's fairly expensive on eBay.
I believe it's a dating sim, so it'll be very text intensive. I'm curious about your thoughts on playing it.

I had a Digi Charat game that was all in Japanese, where you ran a store and I was able to figure
out that one somewhat.

Offline Kasaioni

• Fan
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2012, 12:52:10 AM »
Nice T-shirts swizzle.

If you can read a little Japanese I would go for it Redacted, if it's not THAT expensive. But me myself, I don't know how to read Japanese at all.

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2012, 03:26:33 AM »
If you can read a little Japanese I would go for it Redacted, if it's not THAT expensive. But me myself, I don't know how to read Japanese at all.

I would have to buy another Nintendo DS so yeah, it'd be expensive because of that.
You need to understand what the girlsare saying in a dating sim otherwise you will never win.
I tried one years ago and apparantly youmakes dates for certain times and you don't want to be meeting
2 or more girls at the same place or even different places at the same time.

Offline swizzle

• Fan
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2012, 05:53:42 AM »
The Nintendo DS isn't region locked so a DS from a different country can still play Japanese DS games so you shouldn't need to get a new DS (unless your current one is broken) but ya, I'll play it and let you know how necessary Japanese is to play it.

Offline REDACTED

• Big Fan
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2012, 10:34:03 AM »
Yep I know it's not region locked but I no longer own a Nintendo DS. I sold it a while back because I rarely played it.
If I want that UY game I need a Nintendo DS to go with it. If it's worth it then I might go for it.
My wife wants an iPad2 tho.

Offline foxhead556

• Huge Fan
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2012, 10:01:05 PM »
I rem playing that Urusei yatsura game on a emu once and man i was clueless on what to do. I pretty much walked around randomly and talking to story characters(got kicked into the air by sakura once) and picking up Urusei yatsura mangas off the street lol.

Get Wild and Tough!

Offline swizzle

• Fan
« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2012, 06:50:48 PM »
Alright, so on Sunday I ended up going to Shibuya and found some cool Urusei Yatsura stuff at a price I was willing to pay. This time will probably be the last of the Urusei Yatsura stuff I get in Japan unless I find something really cool or find some really good deals.

Alright, so the first 2 pics are of 3 out of the 4 main OVA DVDs. I wasn't going to get any Urusei Yatsura DVDs because they're normally really expensive (over $60 usually) but these were at a price I was willing to pay. I do want to get the last main OVA DVD as well and the Blu-ray for The Obstacle Course Swim Meet so that I can at least have the OVA series on DVD since I'll never be able to afford the TV Series or Movie Series (I might get my favorite movie after I see them all though). I also found the '89 music calendar which includes the calendar (obviously) as well as the clear sheets with Lum and the backgrounds so that you can kind of make your own scenes with it. I thought it was pretty awesome. I also found a couple of the nice plastic poster things (Not sure what they're called but I have quite a few for different series and I really like them). So ya, that'll be all until I find the last OVA DVD that I need and until I get the 2008 OVA on Blu-ray.

Edit: Sorry for some of the pictures being upside down. Image shack was acting up and I forgot to set them straight before uploading so they ended up being upside down. x.x
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 06:52:38 PM by swizzle »

Offline AtaruLum

• Huge Fan
« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2012, 07:13:38 PM »
wow, nice purchases, swizzle.

Alright, so on Sunday I ended up going to Shibuya and found some cool Urusei Yatsura stuff at a price I was willing to pay. This time will probably be the last of the Urusei Yatsura stuff I get in Japan unless I find something really cool or find some really good deals.

I have it too, bought in the last year.

The movies are really expensive and are hard to get that, especially the remastered version (but sound sucks at Movie 3,4 and 5), that was released in 2001 in Japan.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 07:16:00 PM by AtaruLumFan »
(formerly known as AtaruLumFan or short ALF :D)
UY Voting in Germany:
Please vote for Urusei Yatsura in Germany weekly!