Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:32:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 28
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19
Total: 19

Author Topic: Ataru and Lum Marriage (Why and How)  (Read 29712 times)

Offline raikuni

• Casual Fan
Re: Ataru and Lum Marriage (Why and How)
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2010, 12:52:23 PM »
uhmmm, maybe it's a bit late to bring this up, Ataru+Lum... but since when Lum, Ataru's father or any other Oni have the power of changing people's aspect?

I mean it's a kind of power they never mentioned in the show at all!

And why do you keep calling Oni ghosts?!  :???
I can understand japanese word "Oni" may mean also "ghost", but they're demons! Devil-like aliens, it's clearly specified uncountable times during the story.

Offline theclaw

• The protector.
  • Fan
  • Weird and weird.
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2010, 01:06:54 PM »
Good question. What happens when a horn is attached to someone else?

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2010, 05:09:28 PM »
I think we should remain TRUE to the story when talking in this part of the Forum.

Topics of changing aspects of Lum or Ataru or any other character and talking about it, should be posted in the Fan-Fic section.

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2010, 05:46:09 PM »
Quote from: Darkdevil
Indeed

I am quite sure that even Darkdevil would agree with this topic's particular development

Anyways, Atar+Lum, I shall tell you why Mr. Invader stopped asking Ataru to come with them to Planet Oniboshi

Lum had already "conquered" Planet Earth the moment she paid the Space Taxi Driver and asked to live with her Darling

We humans would have lost all our natural resources if Lum hadn't come to save our lives and we would have a bad relationship with the Onis if Ataru had refused to let Lum live with him

The race was just a game for the Onis if we consider that Lum "conquered" Earth by becoming a Heroine and an Ambassador for her people

That is probably the main reason why Mr. Invader stopped asking Ataru to come with them as well as wanting him to become a true Oni

Offline raikuni

• Casual Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2010, 02:57:49 AM »
Lum had already "conquered" Planet Earth the moment she paid the Space Taxi Driver and asked to live with her Darling

Ahahah the most expensive dowry of the galaxy, maybe that's the reason because poor Lum's flat broke for the rest of the series! XD

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2010, 01:24:30 PM »
Anyways, Atar+Lum, I shall tell you why Mr. Invader stopped asking Ataru to come with them to Planet Oniboshi

We humans would have lost all our natural resources if Lum hadn't come to save our lives and we would have a bad relationship with the Onis if Ataru had refused to let Lum live with him

The race was just a game for the Onis if we consider that Lum "conquered" Earth by becoming a Heroine and an Ambassador for her people

That is probably the main reason why Mr. Invader stopped asking Ataru to come with them as well as wanting him to become a true Oni

I had never thought of that before and I must say: that makes total sense and I totally agree with it.

Offline Ataru+Lum

• Casual Fan
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2011, 11:36:34 AM »
UY should have new chapter 2 - King of Oniboshi and Lum Invader kidnap Ataru Moroboshi to Oniboshi.

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2011, 07:18:42 PM »
That is why we have fanfics, Ataru+Lum

Anyways, I think that the idea of kidnapping Ataru in the first episodes would only deny us the satisfaction of meeting the rest of the characters of Urusei Yatsura

Aye, Lum and Ataru are the main characters but we should not ignore the fact that all the other characters provide their own amount of greatness

It would be dull to only have stories of Lum playing Doctor Frankenstein with Ataru's genetic code (and teeth) as well as ignoring all the other great elements of our beloved Urusei Yatsura

Your story, Ataru+Lum, might work better as the final chapter of Urusei Yatsura

Offline Ataru+Lum

• Casual Fan
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2011, 10:12:10 AM »
If you say so...
Still, I wouldn't kiss that mouth if I were Lum.

I suppose at the end of the cerimony the priest said: "you may now shake the bride's hand... and for Christ's sake DO NOT SMILE!" XD

If you were Lum, you don't mind Ataru's appearance. you should only mind his flirty on other girls.

So, Lum (You) should not mind kissing him even though Ataru's teeth becomes decayed.

You have confidence to say that I own Ataru forever and no girl else will get him.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 07:35:49 AM by Ataru+Lum »

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2011, 12:56:12 PM »
Man, I wish I could fall in love with you and make your teeth decayed and then fall out of love with you and leave you like that. ^.^

Offline raikuni

• Casual Fan
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2011, 08:48:34 PM »
If you were Lum, you don't mind Ataru's appearance.

First off, in the 82nd episode of the anime "Full of sunshine, full of Amours" Lum sees the dolphin transformation into an ugly man and shouts "what is handsome about that?!" and he answer "who cares about appearances?!" and she replies "I'm not going out with unless you're handsome."
Even if she doesn't spite ugly people, that doesn't mean she would date them so carefreely!

Beside, one thing is loving someone despite his appearance, another thing is making someone ugly and then loving him!

YOU have confidence to say that I own Ataru forever and no girl else will get him.

You can have Ataru anytime! I'll take Lum, mean myself, and take a hot bath!  ;D ;D ;D

Man, I wish I could fall in love with you and make your teeth decayed and then fall out of love with you and leave you like that.

Do it Cata! Do it! I'll hold him still! XDXDXD

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2011, 01:57:54 AM »
If you were Lum, you don't mind Ataru's appearance.

First off, in the 82nd episode of the anime "Full of sunshine, full of Amours" Lum sees the dolphin transformation into an ugly man and shouts "what is handsome about that?!" and he answer "who cares about appearances?!" and she replies "I'm not going out with unless you're handsome."
Even if she doesn't spite ugly people, that doesn't mean she would date them so carefreely!

Beside, one thing is loving someone despite his appearance, another thing is making someone ugly and then loving him!

It's true she said that, but it's also true that she wanted a handsome man to make Ataru jealous, because we all know that's one of the things that cause him to react towards showing how much he cares for Lum.

Besides, there's that episode where she "dates" the teacher, and he aint particularly a looker himself. Though she was coaxed by Ataru into that, she never seemed to show anything about not liking the guy (I believe in the end she even said something about not being a bad date or something).
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2011, 05:01:56 AM »
Have you guys seen the episodes with flashbacks to the years when Lum was in school?

A classroom full of what to me looks like ugly monsters (aliens) so I think Lum wouldn't mind dating a ugly guy. The only reason she hates Rei is because he likes food more than he likes her... and maybe the fact he turns into a Cow... :P
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2011, 11:25:45 AM »
I already said this tons of times: I find Ataru attractive. I do. To me, Ataru > Mendou. I truly believe Lum's standards for "attractive" are different from our standards.

I really think Lum finds Ataru cute and I'm not saying that because she loves him.

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2011, 05:42:52 AM »
Ataru is NOT ugly. What he lacks is glamour, perhaps: the polish of a Shuutoru. Ataru is a diamond-in-the-rough.

Back to the topic. Why (and when and how) will Lum and Ataru get married? When Ataru can make it HIS idea. When everybody else on the planet and beyond -- including Lum herself -- stops trying to push him into doing it. When HE can say, "I love you Lum and I want to marry you" because HE wants to and NOT because everybody else wants him to ... then he will say it, and he will do it, and he will mean it. When Ataru can stop defending himself against everyone else imposing their will on him ... he will be able to act on his own ideas.

THAT's when -- and why -- and how -- Lum and Ataru will be married.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 05:45:25 AM by veehive »
So Old, I'm Young Again!