Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:59:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 24
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Author Topic: ending fall 2010 anime and winter 2011 preview  (Read 3818 times)

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
ending fall 2010 anime and winter 2011 preview
« on: December 12, 2010, 08:42:10 AM »
better late than never...
this season had many great anime titles I was waiting for. Unfortunately, I had to limit myself to just a few, so those are the ones I will focus on so this wont be as lengthy as I would like.

Toaru Majutsu no Index II
http://myanimelist.net/anime/8937/Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index_II
as interesting as the first season, and enjoying every second of it. recommended anyone looking for a good action sci-fi, harem with fanservice anime, Espers VS magicians 

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai
http://myanimelist.net/anime/8769/Ore_no_Imouto_ga_Konnani_Kawaii_Wake_ga_Nai
this one is pretty good in my opinion the best new anime this season

and for the preview

more info here http://www.moetron.com/2010/10/22/winter-2011-anime-list-%E2%80%93-decemberjanuaryfebruary/

Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season
http://myanimelist.net/anime/9656/Kimi_ni_Todoke_2nd_Season
one of the anime that I kept downloading but never watched, and good thing I never deleted. When I finally got around to watch the first episode I really liked it and left me wanting for more

titles like Freezing and oniichan no koto nanka are finally getting animated, but I'm not exited to watch them since I've stopped reading the manga for both.

although this was done in a rush, tell us what anime you watched this season and which one you are planning to watch the coming one.

▲
▲ ▲

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
Re: ending fall 2010 anime and winter 2011 preview
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 06:25:57 PM »
Didn't have too much time for anime this semester, cause of school.

But I rewatched Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 (this time in dub), Mahoromatic season 1, made a fair dent in getting through Romeo and Juliet (just 5 more left)

Weekly anime included Bleach season 8, kekkaishi (both currently airing in the US) as well as Tegami Bachi Reverse and Bakuman airing in japan.

Saw Air the Movie and almost finish Air TV (1 episode left... a recap T_T)

Birdy the Mighty got started since it's been advertised lately.

That's pretty much the extent of my anime this semester.

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 08:04:25 AM »
another anime that I watched this season was Katanagatari (sword story) from the same guy who wrote Bakemonogatari (ghost/monster story) but both so different from each other. If you like Inuyasha but without the demons this anime is for you 50 min episodes that aired once a month for a year, so that means it wasn't rushed and its really good.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/6594/Katanagatari
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 08:08:13 AM by janus »

▲
▲ ▲

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 09:26:36 PM »
Really only watching one this fall: Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 11 has just hit the download sites, and it's a killer! I'm NOT spoiling by saying Kuroneko's little slide show had me ROFLMFAO (and it will you, too)!

One more episode for Oreimo ... or is there? Turns out that the DVD's will have 4 extra episodes which change the ending (these 4 extra ep's may be broadcast in the near future, too).

Haven't watched any of it yet, but the press on Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt has succeded in piquing my interest. I'm going to go looking for that one next.
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 05:09:14 AM »
Dropped all animes I was watching.

I just read the mangas for Fairy Tail, One Piece and sometimes Naruto. I have to say this anime season "killed" my craving for anime. The only anime I liked and that I'm still currently watching is Ika Musume and I'm not reading the manga because I can't find it. I will eventually, because the anime is ending and I would like to follow the manga.
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline foxhead556

• Huge Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 05:33:20 AM »
mmm ill probably only see mazinkaiser skl since the rest doesn't really interest me. Wtf super natural the anime? Madhouse is picking anything for anime now.

Get Wild and Tough!

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 01:34:51 AM »
...Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt has succeded in piquing my interest. I'm going to go looking for that one next.

PSG is living up to its reputation: cheap dirty-funny. So much cursing! Using English-language curse words! OMG They've dropped the "F-bomb" so many times!

So, yes, it's a fun little show and I am enjoying it a lot. I'm up to ep7 (12 has just come out).

And, then ....

Today. This video appears on YouTube:
Spoiler (hover to show)

From ep12. And, I'm thinking
Spoiler (hover to show)

And, I'm also thinking, this MUST be a massive set-up for a gag. So, I skip ahead and watch ep12.

And now, I'm thinking
Spoiler (hover to show)

I anticipate ep13 with great eagerness.
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 07:16:33 PM »
Interesting previews to all the coming Anime Series, Janus, however it appears that you haven't told us the complete truth regarding these new series

A little research done by yours truly has discovered that the Anime of Wolverine will make our favorite mutant into the heir of an ancient family of Ninjas that have been conducting forbidden experiments to create the perfect warrior that will vanquish their deadly enemy, the demon Daiguz-Lloigoroth, but problems will come when Wolverine falls in love with the daughter of the leader of an evil sect that wants Daiguz-Lloigoroth to rule upon mankind (Expect a lot of blood, romance and suspense on this epic from Marvel Anime)

Wolverine Version Anime Trailer 2010

Beelzebub appears to have decided to focus less on the already overused theme of young delinquents and will provide us with a never-ending epic full of beautiful she-devils, political intrigue, martial arts and some Ninjas for good measure (If Ninjas are not your favorite aspect on an Anime, then I would have to kill you)

Beelzebub - #1 Trailer

The one regarding a Zombie will be like Elfen Lied on steroids for it will bring a crimson rain of gore and murder and it will shape your nightmares forever, Lumaholics (Sorry, it appears to lack some Ninjas but Zombies are a neat replacement for now)

『これはゾンビですか?』先行映像

Cardfight! Vanguard appears to be another original series based on an original game of magic cards and because of such fact I think my life is finally complete (I heard there were some cards depicting Ninjas and that is enough reason for me to watch this damned series)

CardFight Vanguard Trailer(

Freezing will tell the story of Satellizer El Bridgette, a Pirate Woman who has been modified (along her Non-Ninja underage lover) by aliens into fighting for the fate of the universe and blah blah blah (I haven't seen any trailer from this Anime but I remember reading the Manga months ago and I thought it was good...more or less)

You can read the Manga of Freezing by following this link

I will provide you later with more authentic reviews, Lumaholics, so have a wonderul and weird day

See you later
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 07:42:25 PM by Cosmic King »

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 07:30:50 AM »
Ok... I'm still catching up from the last season series that I dropped due to heavy work load... but I've already started watching some of the new season.

I must say Beelzebub, IS - Infinite Stratus, Dragon Crisis, Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? and Onii-chan no Koto nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!! look good enough to follow... there are others but I'll need to see more than the 1st episode to see if I'm following it... they are:

- Level E: Earth has been populated by thousands of aliens from all over the galaxy. While all the other aliens are aware of their presence, it is a secret only from the Earthlings. Baka, the prince of the planet Dogra, crash lands on Earth and loses his memory. He forcibly moves in with Tsutsui Yukitata, a first year high school student who had just moved out on his own. The normal life he once knew is quickly pulled away as he becomes the target of the prince's torment

- Gosick: Gosick takes place in 1924 in a small, made-up European country of Sauville. The story centers on Kazuya Kujo, the third son of a Japanese Imperial soldier, who is a transfer student to St. Marguerite Academy, where urban legends and horror stories are all the rage. There he meets Victorique, a mysterious yet beautiful and brilliant girl who never comes to class and spends her days reading the entire content of the library or solving mysteries that even detectives can't solve. The series mostly focuses on Kazuya and Victorique getting involved in different mystery cases and their struggle to solve them, at the same time forming important bonds with different people.

- Freezing: Set in a slightly futuristic world, Earth has been invaded and is at war with aliens from another dimension called the Nova. In order to counter them, Pandoras and Limiters, genetically modified girls with super fighting skills and their male partners who use special "freezing" powers to limit their opponent's mobility, are made to fight against the Nova. The series focuses on Kazuya Aoi, a Limiter whose late sister was a Pandora, and Satellizer L. Bridgette, a powerful Pandora with a cold personality, both who are enrolled at the West Genetics Academy where Pandoras and Limiters are trained. In spite of the warnings of all his friends about Satellizer, who has intense haphephobia, Kazuya decides to be her friend and Limiter. The story follows Kazuya's friendship with Satellizer, the students of the Academy and Earth's war against the Nova.

- Fractale: The story takes place on an island resembling a futuristic Ireland, where a "Fractale System" is beginning to collapse. One day, Clain finds an injured girl called Phryne under a cliff, who disappears leaving a pendant. Clain sets out for a journey with the girl-shaped avatar Nessa to look for Phryne and discovers the secret of the Fractale System.

- Yumekui Merry: Yumeji Fujiwara, a young student like any other, gained the power to see the aura of other people's dreams, and is able to predict what kind of dream they will have the following night, after an event that occurred 10 years ago. Since then, he started to have weird dreams with cats following him for an unknown reason, where he learns thanks to the boss of the cat army, John Doe, that his body is needed to access the real world. One day, as he was about to come back home after his errands, a mysterious girl falls on top of him. This girl, called Merry Nightmare, is actually a dream demon, who's searching for a way to come back in her world. As Yumeji decides to help her, the gate to the world of dreams opens again, this time in full daylight...

- Hourou Musuko: The plot to this one is so big and complicated that I'm not even putting it here. So here's the short version... The story depicts a young boy named Shūichi Nitori who wants to be a girl, and his friend Yoshino Takatsuki, a girl who wants to be a boy. The series deals with issues such as transsexuality, gender identity, and the beginning of puberty. And believe me it's not just these 2...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 07:44:23 AM by FallinG_StaR »
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?