Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:05:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 30
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Author Topic: An anime that i loved an wanted to share..thoughts??  (Read 14672 times)

Offline Superchick24

• Fan
An anime that i loved an wanted to share..thoughts??
« on: October 15, 2010, 08:19:49 AM »
Ok so i was asking around what would be a good anime to watch that has romance but hilariously funny at the same time. I was given: Zero no Tsukaima.  I at first was unsure of how good it would be but i finished the 3 seasons plus the OVA. I Loved It!!  I was wondering if anyone saw this anime and liked it as much as i did? Or maybe heard news on it that i havent. Anyway...heres a link to watch and just wanted to share.

http://subbedanime.com/watch/zero-no-tsukaima-episode-1-english-sub     ;D

~Lost In My Daydreams~

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
Re: An anime that i loved an wanted to share..thoughts??
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 02:07:44 PM »
Seen all 3 seasons... don't remember if I saw the OVA... but yes very good anime and funny... even if at some point it gets a bit repetitive and very predictable... still it gave us (in my opinion) one of the best tsundere characters... Louise Françoise Le Blanc de La Vallière. ;D Well the credit needs to go to    
Rie Kugimiya best seiyu ever for those types of characters...

If you want more Romance/Comedy animes to watch you should check out Lovely Complex.

http://www.gogoanime.com/category/lovely-complex

http://www.nwanime.com/162/lovely-complex/

Video: Lovely Complex 01 von ⓣ ⓘ ⓒ ⓞ - MySpace Video

Avoid the vids that are less than 20 minutes... (the end is cut out)

Theres no OVA but theres a movie... a live-action movie...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 03:22:16 PM by FallinG_StaR »
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 05:34:51 PM »
The Familiar of Zero is definitely a top rank show in terms of its genre. Rie Kugimiya's top 4 Tsundere roles (in my opinion) are:

Shana from Shakugan no Shana (2 Seasons, 1 special, 4 OVAs, 11+ Chibi specials, and upcoming 2rd season)
Louise from Zero no Tsukaima (3 seasons + OVA)
Nagi from Hayate the Combat Butler (2 seasons + ? OVAs)

and 4th is from I believe "Toradora" which I have yet to see but plan to.

I believe that if you watch and enjoy one, you should watch all 4 at some point.

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline Superchick24

• Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 01:16:47 AM »
Does anyone know if The familiar of Zero has a 4th season? Everyone keeps saying there is and then there isnt. I just wish i could ask someone in japan. Just to get the straight honest truth. There are so many rumors because the 3rd season ended with the main villian still alive?? Im just doing wishful thinking cuz i loved this anime. :]
~Lost In My Daydreams~

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 02:03:43 AM »
Here's the thing... Shakugan no Shana is almost 100% chance that the 3rd season is coming spring or sometime soon.

I also heard rumours of Hayate the Combat Butler getting a season 3 (Season 2 ended only one year ago)

I'd have to say that these shows will likely be put through their season 3's before Zero's Familiar is going to get a season 4.

I, presonally, believe that theres a good chance of it happening.

But since all three are done by J.C. Staff (in addition to have Rie Kugimiya as their leads), it's not likely they will occur simultaneously

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 02:39:11 AM »
Only one thing... Shakugan no Shana and Hayate the Combat Butler are diferent from Zero no Tsukaima.

The guys that own Zero no Tsukaima is Media Factory.
Knowing Media Factory "M.O."... there's a high probability for it to never be finished as anime...

Well... until the light novel ends (or the manga)... I don't see them making a 4th season... Unless they do the same as Maria+Holic... They made a anime (12 episodes) no real ending was ever given... and the manga is still going... and they don't plan on making more anime for it...

So... Lets wait and see...
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Offline Superchick24

• Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 03:16:13 AM »
Oh ok...well thanks guys. I also was gonna ask i wanted to buy the dvd series but funimation released only the first season of it and thats it. If i wanted to buy it is there a safe secure site that i could get the dvd boxset of the series? I wanted to show my sister it as well since she likes similar stuff that i do. I just wanna go somewhere thats a secure safe place for me to order dvds but has subtitle for english available and that i wont get ripped off either.  ;)
~Lost In My Daydreams~

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 03:34:08 AM »
Funimation only has season one probably because it was the only season that was dubbed (with Cristina Vee as Louise!).

You know what's weird? Funimation has season 1 of Shana dubbed... but they definitely DIDN'T dub it cause it has voice actors from Ocean Studios (who also did InuYasha, Death Note, and multiple Gundam series). There's no way they made their own dub, otherwise I would have run into it by now. I like Shana's dub voice, she nailed "Shut up x3" IMO.

Anyways, I don't know about any secure ordering sites, but you could try Amazon or Ebay.

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2010, 04:54:04 PM »
First season = awesome;
Second and third season sucked. -.-

Why?

Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline Superchick24

• Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 10:01:01 PM »
yeah i mean i agree with you Cata but i actually like the first and second season the best. Either way i would buy it. Also @uruseineo: I tried amazon and  ebay and they didnt have it when i looked.  I found this site called Otakucastle...will you guys tell me if you think its a secure site?? It looks like it is but just want others opinions before i buy from them.

thanks guys.
http://www.otakucastle.com/index.php
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 10:03:12 PM by Superchick24 »
~Lost In My Daydreams~

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 05:12:17 AM »
Otaku Castle is a bit... strange... Zero No Tsukaima (familiar Of Zero) Season 1-3... 5 Disc (37 Episodes + OVA + MV) only $45.57 ??? and I really doubt there would be a Region 0 anime DVD.
The Complete Box Set Season 1 to 3)... sells for $70.00 (used) so $45.57... is a bit... suspicious.

So... if you want to show it to your sister... use online streaming... and if you want to buy it... wait until Funimation makes it available.

Offline Superchick24

• Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 06:02:30 AM »
thankyou for the info...I think i will do like you said an just wait for funimation. I just dont wanna get ripped off.  Thanks for the help.  8)
~Lost In My Daydreams~

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 03:45:06 AM »
Only one thing... Shakugan no Shana and Hayate the Combat Butler are diferent from Zero no Tsukaima.

The guys that own Zero no Tsukaima is Media Factory.
Knowing Media Factory "M.O."... there's a high probability for it to never be finished as anime...

Well... until the light novel ends (or the manga)... I don't see them making a 4th season... Unless they do the same as Maria+Holic... They made a anime (12 episodes) no real ending was ever given... and the manga is still going... and they don't plan on making more anime for it...

So... Lets wait and see...

Ok so the wait is over I hope... at least for Maria+Holic fans... after lots of emails and petitions that I sent... http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-10-21/maria-holic-tv-anime-gets-2nd-season-green-lit

Now... Lets hope Zero no Tsukaima 4th season gets green light.

Offline Superchick24

• Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 01:17:04 AM »
i so hope it gets another season!!! I would be first in line to watch... :]  crossing my fingers.
~Lost In My Daydreams~

Offline swizzle

• Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 02:25:10 AM »
You guys are making me want to watch this show now.
I think I saw the first episode at some point and thought it was quite funny,
but I've been too busy watching Urusei Yatsura to bother dloading watching it xP
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 02:28:00 AM by swizzle »
"There are many worlds, but they share the same sky -- One sky, one destiny."