Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:06:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 23
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 13
Total: 13

Author Topic: ending summer 2010 anime and fall 2010 preview  (Read 9304 times)

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
Re: ending summer 2010 anime and fall 2010 preview
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 04:50:04 AM »
Oh... here we go again... XD

I think we need to call Shinrei Tantei Yakumo or Otome Yokai Zakuro... to see if Veehive was possessed by spirits...

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo is another anime that caught my attention... Psychic Detective Yakumo (English title) Is a mystery, supernatural and "horror" anime where the main character can see dead people souls and talk to them... and use it to save or find the culprits behind their death... or just simply help them find their peace. Obviously the story is more than this but I'm not spoiling anything... this time... ;D I just say it looks good but for some reason I have the feeling I already watched something similar...

Otome Yokai Zakuro is a very promising anime... well we couldn't expect less from the studio that gave us titles such as K-On! and Kaichou wa Maid-sama! and many more... It looks very well made... the characters remind me (physically) of the characters from Kaichou wa Maid-sama! but not quite exactly the same in terms of the rest... XD
It has Comedy... romance... fights with demons... I've been waiting for this for a long time and the 1st episode didn't disappoint me... I'll be looking forward for this every week. ;D

Btw, I will do this every day... at least to October 8... with To Aru Majutsu no Index II that will be my final... I wont say reviews... but more like impressions on the episodes and what the series will probably be about...

It will return after a short pause in November... unfortunately for you... XD
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 05:04:55 AM by FallinG_StaR »
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 04:57:22 AM »
Oh right... I can use this and that way I don't have to try to write anything... XD

I will still give my impressions about the animes... XD

http://randomc.net/2010/09/20/fall-2010-preview
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 05:00:31 AM by FallinG_StaR »
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2010, 09:19:33 AM »
up to this point I've watched Ore no Imoutou, Panty and Stocking and Iron Man so Lets go by order.

some of you Already mentioned Ore no Imoutou, and to be honest I only read the intro of the light novel, which seemed interesting enough. but for the little sister to have that kind of hobby, it surprised me too. I don't want to say too much about this one but I have enjoyed it so far.

Panty and Stocking is a love or hate kind of thing and I liked the whole episode especially the ED song
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt - ED
It is interesting how in cartoons and anime share the trait of a mundane object up to a person transforming to a weapon, but a panty becoming a gun and a stoking becoming a sword is strange indeed and it gives a new meaning to "panty shot"
I think this is like the cartoon Avatar but in reverse, the Japanese trying to imitate western cartoons, and they do a pretty good job. Its not the First nor the last time Gainax going for a western style as shown here and many other anime they've done in the past (...er french? I know there is the Peanuts reference there)
Hanamaru Kindergarten Ending [ED] (#7) 【720p】
one thing I don't like about the anime is panty's hobby, it feels unnecessary for some reason.
so bottom line if you are looking an anime that is like a power puff girls for grownups that has great music and it seems like something like the Adult swim channel would air at midnight, go for it.
it seems Falling forgot to put the Random curiosity link in there
http://randomc.net/2010/10/01/panty-stocking-with-garterbelt-01/

For Iron Man, its another anime that is using related to the west. I was very entertained with the first episode and hope it continues do so the rest of the season.
http://randomc.net/2010/10/02/iron-man-01/

▲
▲ ▲

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2010, 01:46:03 PM »
I didn't forgot the link... It was left out... intentionally...

My problem with Panty and Stocking is the fact that it tries to much to be vulgar... I was waiting for something more toned down... with the periodical sexual pun and awkward situations... instead its full of stuff that sometimes it goes past the limit of human tolerance... only the transformation scene on the 1st part of episode 1 (Its like American cartoons 2 mini episodes) was the only good part... the rest... I don't know... but the Americanisation... I think was too much... lets just say that if the japanese try to do something more american use the Simpson's as base... don't go South Park meets Family Guy... XD

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2010, 04:35:38 AM »
Yosuga no Sora

An adaptation of Sphere’s 2008 adult romantic simulation game is making its way to AT-X care of feel, the same studio that produced the very risqué kiss x sis. Now before anyone hops off prematurely, feel also happens to be the studio that worked on Nagasarete Airantou and the various Da Capo adaptations, so there’s always the possibility that they’ll keep this “clean.”

Yes... clean indeed... I don't know what "clean" is about... if it's nudity or something else... but I have to say the 1st episode was clean at least until the last minutes... XD

It looked good and if you are thinking about watching Oreimo (or watched Kiss x Sis or even Shuffle!)... you have to watch this one as well. Even if you don't know what's Kiss x Sis or Shuffle!... you should watch this.
It is very good to look at... meaning... that the characters are very well done... lots of moe... (every girl is a moe type...) and for some reason the guy is the only good looking thing they ever placed their eyes on... XD

Need to warn you that the incest is strong in this one... even more than in Kiss x Sis... (and in Kiss x Sis they're not blood related). And also there's lots of boob... at least in this 1st episode... and especially at the last part with the maid girl... WTF!!!

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2010, 04:52:15 PM »
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt :angel:.

Final Episode.

Spoiler (hover to show)
So Old, I'm Young Again!