Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:00:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 24
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Author Topic: Hyaku Anime Laws  (Read 10290 times)

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
Hyaku Anime Laws
« on: July 29, 2010, 06:20:25 AM »

Me and two friends have been working on a video series project. Each episode is to cover one of the one hundred anime laws.

We have currently filmed 8 episodes so far and the first season will be 20 episodes (so we've already made a big dent in the project's completion)

I wanted to create this topic for various reasons, first for advertisement.

Second to ask people who use msn to add "AnimeLawyers@hotmail.com" which will be the main account for said project and include news on the project.

Thirdly, to hear suggestions and opinions of you all and also to answer questions you may have.

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
Re: Hyaku Anime Laws
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 10:44:18 AM »
can you elaborate a bit more?
instead of asking more questions on how you are doing your project, can you show us an example?

▲
▲ ▲

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 07:47:19 PM »
show you an example? Not really, the episodes are still being edited and are not scheduled to air until October (By then I should have finished editing enough episodes to get through the first season without delays in releasing them)

I can tell you that it will be split into parts. One part will be showing how the law can not be exorcised in real life. After that, we will use actual Anime to demonstrate the law.

We have also been in the progress of making 5 intro themes that are between 20 seconds and 25 seconds long.

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 08:55:17 PM »
so you are planning in narrating the whole thing?
for the intros you should get someone who knows motion graphics to make you a cool intro

▲
▲ ▲

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 09:23:18 PM »
we've already filmed parts for the intros and they're turning out alright so far, though I guess it would look better with motion graphic editing, I don't know anyone who could help me with that so I'm just gonna use what I have.

We're not narrating, me and my friend are hosting it like a webshow. They only narration part would have to be when we show the anime clips.

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 09:54:20 PM »
I found this website a while back but didn't remember it until just now
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tropes
this a very resourceful site you should check out

▲
▲ ▲

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 04:09:19 PM »
I don't get it, what's this for? o.o

Btw, we have currently filmed 12 episodes, about 50% of opening scenes, and about 7.5 Digital Shorts :D

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 05:49:45 PM »
Since our first project, "Anime Versus Cartoons" has been completed, uploaded, and discussed already, I think it's time to move back to our major project which is "Anime Laws" :D

(Could someone lock the other topic, please? Or am I able to do it cause I opened it :S ?)

Okay, so currently I need a lot of help. There are some laws that I haven't been able to completely pick out anime to use yet.

#7 First Law of Temporal Mortality

"Good Guys" and "Bad Guys" both die in one of two ways - either so quick they don’t even see it coming, OR it’s a long drawn out affair where the character gains much insight to the workings of society, human existence or why the toast always lands butter side down.

*NOTE: Sometimes, Anime heroes or villains never really die! In these rare cases they were a clone or cyborg and the real hero/villain’s suspiciously missing in "Malletspace", or something.

We already have anime examples for the note ("they were a clone or cyborg") and for the "quick death".

It is the "long drawn out affair" death that I have trouble finding. Possibly because the example would be lengthy which we wouldn't have time for?

Regardless, I'm hoping someone here can point me in the direction of a clip or perhaps something I can time lapse to describe this part of the Law.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 05:26:46 AM »
1st... Do you want to lock the Anime vs Cartoons topic? I don't see why... people can still have something to say about it...

2nd... The "long drawn out affair" situation is probably when only they're about to die that they figure something out... (for example is there a God) or it could be like Freeza in DBZ after being cut in half (or more parts) he still stays there talking... and stuff then attacks Goku and finally Goku kills him... or so we think... but he returns as a parcial cyborg... (opposite of the note) to be killed for real by Trunks when they come to Earth.

A better example and easier to put as a clip... is the death of
Nicholas D. Wolfwood from Trigun. That guy really took long to die.

#Invalid YouTube Link#

Only found it English dubed... another one could be the death of Yagami Light... Well ever since he started wrighting names in the book he is considered a dead man...

I would like to appologise to anyone that I might have ruined the ending or part of a series you are or would watch... XD
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:24:18 AM by Lum-chan »
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 06:14:39 AM »
If you feel people still wanna talk about it, you can leave it open (though I haven't gotten many great views for the movie yet)

I thought about Light but... takes too long for him to
Spoiler (hover to show)
XD 37 episodes :p

The clip you gave me was a beautiful example, I'll likely use part of it (obviously too long for one episode since I have to include two other anime clips) so you'll have to apologize to all of youtube for the spoiler XD

With that, I have clips picked out for the first 9 episodes :D

the 10th? well it's not that it's hard to find... it's that when I see it, it happens fast and I don't pay attention enough to realize I can use it for the clip...

#10 Law of Dramatic Multiplicity

Scenes that only happen once, for instance, a "Good Guy" kicks the "Bad Guy" in the face, are seen at least 3 times from 3 different angles.

That'll be one hell of a short clip XD but if necessary, unless I can find one exmaple that takes up more time, I may use multiple anime clips and do a little montage.

Any suggestions?

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 07:12:26 AM »
Again Dragonball... Usualy those law of anime are based around big hit animes... so looking in fight animes and stuff... or maybe the comedy ones... when a guy usally gets hit in the balls or by a ball... and we have that Law of Dramatic Multiplicity.

I didn't find any but maybe try Hajime no Ippo maybe you get lucky.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 07:15:06 AM by FallinG_StaR »
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline foxhead556

• Huge Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 07:47:19 AM »
you can try Baki the grappler my memory isn't that well so im not sure if they do 3 angles hits but its like DBZ but with the power ups.

Get Wild and Tough!

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 04:02:43 PM »
#10 Law of Dramatic Multiplicity

Scenes that only happen once, for instance, a "Good Guy" kicks the "Bad Guy" in the face, are seen at least 3 times from 3 different angles.

That'll be one hell of a short clip XD but if necessary, unless I can find one exmaple that takes up more time, I may use multiple anime clips and do a little montage.

Any suggestions?

Got one in your own backyard (or our own backyard): in the UruseiYatsura 2008 OVA, Sakura hits Ataru in the face with her staff and they show it from 3 different angles.

(keep forgetting to ask: by the way, Neo, you know a guy who goes by the screen name RuBBa_cHiKiN? Round about your parts, into VOCALOID (a member over at Vocaforum) and DJing, will probably be leading a panel on VOCALOID at a con or some cons in your area.)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 04:14:03 PM by veehive »
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 04:22:11 PM »
I don't recognize the names, no, they could be the people at the Vocaloid 101 panel if that's what you were talking about?

As for the law, I made a note "Sango episode 78" so I need to check episode 78 of InuYasha and see if I can find the scene where Sango demonstrates the law.

Another one I found recently, and I'm taking advantage of the fact the law only says "scenes", is Light Yagami hugging Misa dramatically from 3 different angles XD

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 10:19:11 PM »
Alright! Our advertisement is now out, please watch it:

#Invalid YouTube Link#

If possible, showing it to other people (via forum or just showing friends) would be a big help, please.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:24:53 AM by Lum-chan »