Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:45:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 23
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15
Total: 15

Author Topic: ending spring 2010 anime and summer 2010 preview  (Read 8763 times)

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
ending spring 2010 anime and summer 2010 preview
« on: June 29, 2010, 05:32:34 AM »
This spring anime season is about to end, I would like to know what anime you watched and liked, and what new anime are you looking forward to this summer

working!!
A comedy, slice of life with a little romance
definitely loved, this had me smiling at every episode, lovable characters with everyone strange in their own way

kissxsis
ugh, I wanted to watch this one because I've read the manga before, but by then I remembered why I stopped reading the manga. if you like an all ecchi anime with harem here is your ticket

Angel beats
it feels like The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya but with more supernatural and more story very enjoyable

Mayoi Neko Overrun!
Stereotypical harem anime with fan-service, they give you a back-story of some of the characters, show you the importance of staying together as a family and having a home. I liked watching it and its recommended to the people who aren't tired of this type of anime

Arakawa Under the Bridge
A funny anime where a successful businessman with a perfect life enters a world of wacky people with no common sense that live under a bridge. I like how characters here interact with eachother and one of the few animes that makes me literary LOL. I like how this anime little by little tells you the reason why is they came to live under the bridge and gives you a life's lesson.

B Gata H Kei
the concept is kinda strange but here it is: a virgin girl who wants to become more experienced by having 100 sex friends. But the problem is, that she is so inexperienced that she can't even get on with the most bland and normal guy and its where the love development begins. This shows that a girl can be as perverted as a guy. this was one of the random Anime that I started to watch but it didn't grab my attention as much so I dropped it

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou
Action, Comedy, Ecchi, Fantasy, Magic, School, Shounen, Harem this is very self explanatory? a story about some guy who enters a magic academy Harry Potter-esque who wants to becomes a priest only to find out he was destined to become a Demon King. After the first half of the series there is less fanservice and more action that gets you pumped up to see the conclusion. this are if you like this kind of anime give it a go

well enough of that now for the summer 2010 preview

http://www.moetron.com/2010/05/18/summer-2010-anime-list-%E2%80%93-junejulyaugust/

currently I'm looking forward for the continuation of sekirei but I'll have to wait and see for the other ones

Edit: don't like MAL much?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 05:38:09 AM by janus »

▲
▲ ▲

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
Re: ending spring 2010 anime and summer 2010 preview
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 06:09:01 AM »
I've only this year -- this Spring -- begun watching anime as it is released. So far, I'm doing just one series ...

K-On!!
Only up to the mid-pont in the 24-episode follow-up to the original 12(13?)-episode first season. A slower pace is evident as KyotoAnimation stretches the material. Otherwise, more of the same sweet light confectionary that made the show a massive hit in its first season. Bonus points to KyoAni for getting the musical details right (a plus for a musical-equipment freak like me). May be too fuwa-fuwa for some tastes, but it's sweet not saccharine.

I'm still so new to this that I'm only now discovering streaming sites for anime (and am being cajoled towards downloading episodes).

Members on another board I visit -- the Lucky Star Shrine Forum -- are speaking very highly of AngelBeats as well, Janus.

Thanks for the reviews and the idea for this thread! Helps me find new anime!

So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 09:50:31 AM »
once you jump the current season bandwagon you'll realize that there is one common enemy, waiting a week for a new episode, specially if it involves a cliffhanger. Sure, you may breeze through something that you like that has already been aired or released, but waiting is something you'll have to get used to.

I was watching K-on! when it first aired. It wasn't something I looking for at the time so I dropped it, and I haven't seen it since. I would probably try it eventually.

off topic (the offtopic code doesn't like "list") :
Spoiler (hover to show)

▲
▲ ▲

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 03:26:44 PM »
I've watched/am wathing:
Angel Beats
B Gata H Kei
K-On!!
Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama
Kiss X Sis
Mayoi Neko Overrun

All this with some Air Gear, One Piece and Fairy Tail on the side. xD

I'm not really that hyped about the next season, but I might watch a few of them.
The Legend of Legendary Heroes, Amagami SS,  Ookamisan no Shishinin no Nakamatachi, Asobi ni Iku Yo, Seitokai Yakuindomo, Shukufuku no Campanella and Digimon. :p

I'm new at watching fresh releases too, but fortunently the other forum I go to keep releases popping out, so I always get the epis soon to download. xD
I started downloading anime because of that too. :p
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline SonicDaMan

• Another Canadian
  • Huge Fan
  • nyoro~n
    • My deviantART page
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 04:58:39 AM »
Watched/Watching:

K-ON!!
Angel Beats!
Mayoi Neko Overrun!
B Gata H Kei
Working!!
Bakemonogatari (Started last year, finale aired a few days ago)

(What's with all the !s this season?)

There are a few more series that I would to watch. Only animes I'm looking forward to is Strike Witches 2 and Highschool of the Dead. ;D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 05:00:47 AM by SonicDaMan »

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 01:14:58 AM »
This is what I'm watching (or watched)... of the spring releases

Angel Beats!
- This... it's on hold mostly because I didn't like it that much... but maybe I'll give it another try before I drop it...

Arakawa Under the Bridge
- Very good... you need to have a good sense of (japanese) humor to see this... or else... good thing they are going to make a second season... ;D

Fairy Tail
- I don't remember if this was a Spring release... but anyway... very good... may become the next One Piece... ;D

Heroman
- The story of a boy that... ah... I don't like it... XD

Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
- I don't know how this is going to end but... this is probably going on my favorite list... enough said... ;D

Katanagatari
- 1 episode 40min long each month for 12 months... epic...

Kiss x Sis (TV)
- Loved it... ;D

Mayoi Neko Overrun!
- Weird one... I liked it but at the same time I didn't... mostly because of the story... (it didn't have one) ;D

Working!!
- It was an ok series... but it seriously needs a second season.

B Gata H Kei
- Same as above...

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou
- It started ok... but after episode 2... it just became a complete mess... it's sad... because it reminded me of the forum Deathmatch... LoL

For this summer:

Amagami SS

Asobi ni Iku yo!

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu (The legend of the Legendary heroes)

Highschool of the dead

Seitokai Yakuindomo

Sengoku Basara Two

And probably some others... unlike you I watch almost everything that is new... at least the 1st episode...
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 03:29:10 AM »
Bakemonogatari, one of the best I've seen as lately, the main female character is rather hilarious in an evil sense.

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 05:23:30 AM »
And the new season is officially underway, starting with Ookamisan as the first release and Amagami SS as the second.

Both look good, but still too young to judge. :S
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 03:27:09 AM »
Amagami SS looks like KimiKiss and Hatsukoi Limited combined... and it looks good... but the title of the 1st episode, Morishima Haruka Arc Chapter 1, placed a warning flag for me... but as long as this doesn't end like School Days... is fine by me... XD

It's only the 1st episode but I'm placing my bet that the chosen one will be this girl... XD

I like her... XD

Edit: Now I know why it raised flag to me... it's based on a dating sim... so I'm guessing each arc will be 4 episodes long. (6 girls total)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 03:36:14 AM by FallinG_StaR »
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 05:19:45 AM »
but as long as this doesn't end like School Days... is fine by me... XD

I heard so many bad things about the ending to School Days and I've finally reached episode 11. From what I could tell,
Spoiler (hover to show)
and now I have no idea what to expect from the final episode (I'm going to watch it tomorrow morning :D )
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 04:20:56 PM by UruseiNeo »

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 10:14:36 AM »
I'll try Falling star's advice in having a sampler order to try to see if there is anything good this season. I've almost missed good anime like kimi ni todoke, and it made me think how much good anime I might of missed.

▲
▲ ▲

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 03:30:56 PM »
UruseiNeo, I have no idea why but I was able to skip your comment but others may not. Use the SPOILER tags please. =)

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 04:19:41 PM »
I did though o.o? *goes to edit anyway*

Edit:  I had to rewrite it cause my net got disconnected and I forgot to put the spoiler back -_-''' sorry
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 04:36:15 PM by UruseiNeo »

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2010, 02:20:23 AM »
Just finished watching the 1st episode of Seitokai Yakuindomo... and I must say... The weirdness is strong in this one... (not what I was expecting... LoL) and it looks like its going to be more of a promo for the manga than anything else... Lots of bleeped words... lots of sexual references... even references to the things girls use when they have their period... and all that in just 21 minutes... if this keeps up... I'll start reading the manga... XD

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2010, 08:21:14 AM »
the first couple of anime I've seen seem quite promising lets see what else is in store for the rest

Edit:  and just a reminder if anyone wants an episode-by-episode review/screencaps on some of the current anime airing and including long-running series, you can visit http://randomc.net/ Also they have some other neat features like the preview season and a "best of" that is held at the end of the year.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 08:34:06 AM by janus »

▲
▲ ▲