Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:26:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 24
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Author Topic: AAAAAAARGH !!!  (Read 10695 times)

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
Re: AAAAAAARGH !!!
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2010, 11:39:27 PM »
It's the minimum age that people have to have so that they can watch shows.

Like, mature shows are PG-18 (for people over 18 years old)

Offline SonicDaMan

• Another Canadian
  • Huge Fan
  • nyoro~n
    • My deviantART page
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2010, 12:16:55 AM »
Also, the "PG" means "parental guidance". So if something was rated PG18, anyone under 18 years old would need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2010, 02:25:37 PM »
LoL! xD

But it's stupid the parent guidance. Like, does a 13 year old need to watch TV with an adult?

My sister is 8 or 9 years old and she has been watching TV alone since she's 3 or 4 years old.

Offline SonicDaMan

• Another Canadian
  • Huge Fan
  • nyoro~n
    • My deviantART page
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2010, 06:51:34 PM »
I started watching South Park since I was 6 years old. My mom always thought it was just a regular ol' cartoon, so I got away with it XD

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2010, 08:20:57 PM »
I'm actually really peeved that there are anime that get cut (YuGiOh, DBZ, Blue Dragon, etc) or are not aired at all (I'd list some except that I WOULDN'T KNOW that something good is not being aired)

and yet shows like Family Guy and South Park are left completely alone and are accepted.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned before how Canada seems to be destroying anime for us :(

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline SonicDaMan

• Another Canadian
  • Huge Fan
  • nyoro~n
    • My deviantART page
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2010, 08:29:46 PM »
I don't think it's Canada's fault. It's the American companies that are destroying it. Canada is actually very easy-going when it comes to ratings. But when it comes to anime we still have to go by America's standards since they are the ones dunbbing/cutting.

Offline theclaw

• The protector.
  • Fan
  • Weird and weird.
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2010, 08:38:20 PM »
I was just about raised on earlier TMNT tapes, with some Mario and Sonic. The question of whether UY fits in doesn't concern me. Rather not ruin a good thing! :D

I'd say they should make anime designed closer to American standards its own genre. Better than cutting series against their creators' intentions. Fullmetal Alchemist certainly feels less Japanese to me than usual, and I've only watched part of one of the movies.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2010, 08:45:16 PM »
I don't think it's Canada's fault. It's the American companies that are destroying it. Canada is actually very easy-going when it comes to ratings. But when it comes to anime we still have to go by America's standards since they are the ones dunbbing/cutting.

Ummm... no, it's Canada's fault. America has an actual channel (Adult Swim) showing tons of anime that we don't get in Canada, ie Canada is choosing not to air some good anime.

in addition, the anime we do get that is aired on CANADIAN channels, such as Naruto and Bleach and Zatch Bell and Blue Dragon were on YTV. Now... they TOOK OFF Zatch and Blue Dragon, and then they MOVED Naruto and Bleach to midnight where barely anyone would watch them. Since this is a Canadian channel, America had very little to do with it.

Canada dubs stuff too, and DBZ is about the only thing I believe they did right (AKA Ocean dub and Vegitto's voice is number one there) U can tell when something was Canadian dubbed based on the common voice actors used.

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline SonicDaMan

• Another Canadian
  • Huge Fan
  • nyoro~n
    • My deviantART page
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2010, 08:56:07 PM »

Ummm... no, it's Canada's fault. America has an actual channel (Adult Swim) showing tons of anime that we don't get in Canada, ie Canada is choosing not to air some good anime.

in addition, the anime we do get that is aired on CANADIAN channels, such as Naruto and Bleach and Zatch Bell and Blue Dragon were on YTV. Now... they TOOK OFF Zatch and Blue Dragon, and then they MOVED Naruto and Bleach to midnight where barely anyone would watch them. Since this is a Canadian channel, America had very little to do with it.

Canada dubs stuff too, and DBZ is about the only thing I believe they did right (AKA Ocean dub and Vegitto's voice is number one there) U can tell when something was Canadian dubbed based on the common voice actors used.

I don't think Adult Swim is showing tons of anime either. Though they do have Cowboy Bebop and Inuyasha, which at least somthing. And I was really only talking about the dubbing, as most of it is done in America.

And yes, I agree YTV is dumb. They only airi re-run episodes of Bleach and Naruto. I believe they really don't care about anime at all, and are just doing a half-***ed job to try keep us happy.

Either way, North America is only airing re-runs. There are sooooo many good animes that got released recently, would it really hurt to air those instead???

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2010, 09:33:26 PM »
Bleach and Naruto weren't reruns, YTV is just behind. Canada has ALWAYS been behind on anime which is another problem they have.

Adult Swim has Bleach, NEW Bleach and at a reasonable time (well currently there is a break, but Bleach is coming back in about a month I think)

I think this is the season of reruns, so its not that NA is just airing reruns, cause I know there were new anime episodes uploaded every day on youtube and such.

Egh, whatever, the bottom line is that Canada sucks with anime... Here is a list of Anime you can find here: YuGiOh (Original! Not even 5D's!), Pokemon (Just die already), Pretty Cure, umm.... I'm out.

Offline SonicDaMan

• Another Canadian
  • Huge Fan
  • nyoro~n
    • My deviantART page
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2010, 10:15:57 PM »
Egh, whatever, the bottom line is that Canada sucks with anime... Here is a list of Anime you can find here: YuGiOh (Original! Not even 5D's!), Pokemon (Just die already), Pretty Cure, umm.... I'm out.

YUP, just stole the words right outta my mouth. There, this discussion is done :P