Forum > Urusei Yatsura Fan-Art, Graphics and CG's

There! THAT Oughta Confuse The Locals ...!

<< < (2/5) > >>

veehive:
I did the screen-capture and initial clean-up of the image, took that to a local sign shop to have it cut in vinyl (the only thing I can't do -- oh how I wish I had a vinyl [plotter] decal cutter!), and then applied it to the truck myself.

Here's a bit of trivia: I used the logo from the opening of the new OVA, and discovered a MISTAKE in it! Just in the うる星やつら logo. See if you can spot their error!

Oh. And, I'm not rich. At all. I work as an inspector in a small manufacturing&machining shop. I bring home about $24,000 a year.

SonicDaMan:

veehive:
WOW!!! Great catch on the truck logo, SDM! I just went out and checked -- there IS a cut-line for the center of the loop in the "ru"; should have been weeded out by the sign shop. I'll get it tomorrow or Wednesday and it'll be right. The star is a little off; a necessity of the way I had the logo cut. I'll live with that.

SonicDaMan:
Even with the little hiccups, you did an excellent job on the logo :icon_mrgreen: Did you just send them the screenshot, or did you have to trace it out into a vector image?

BTW,

DATCHA!

Kroptik:
So it is yours. :o
You do know some hater will end up scratching your car now right? :'(
In the mean time, brag about it and go to a few anime conventions. ;D
Love how the plate says "Datcha" too. xD And don't fret about the mistakes, it still looks great. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version