Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:42:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14

Author Topic: Anime Laws to Clarify  (Read 2604 times)

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
Anime Laws to Clarify
« on: November 22, 2009, 12:31:47 AM »
There are some anime laws that I am not quite sure about. (100 anime laws can be found here: http://www.lum-chan.com/index.php?page=58)

The first one is:

#4 Law of Constant Thrust, First Law of Anime Motion
In space, constant thrust equals constant velocity.

I think constant thrust = constant velocity is supposed to mean that given any object that is thrown with the same effort/thrust, the speed the object travels at will be the same.

Stop me if I got this wrong.

What bothers me is that shouldn't this be true in real life anyway? In which case it wouldn't be an "Anime" Law

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
Re: Anime Laws to Clarify
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 01:08:55 AM »
No. It's not the same in real life.

In real life "space ships" use short bursts of the thrusters to make it move forward, and its only turned on for milliseconds... so that the ship can reach the targeted speed...
Remember... in space there's no gravity. I just don't think Newton's 1st law of motion applies to space... and space ships... because... well... there's no gravity...

Can someone clarify this to me?

#50 Law of Artistic Perversion
Most (not all) Anime artists are perverts and are under the impression that girls are willing to tear off their clothes, or wear VERY small, revealing outfits at the drop of a pin (or pen for that matter). Unfortunately, most Hentai fans are under the same impression.

What does this have to do with anime laws???
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 01:36:46 AM by FallinG_StaR »
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 01:51:11 AM »
Anime content?

For ur reply, do u mean that if thrusters remain on, the ship stays at a constant speed (in anime) while it actually is supposed to speed up (irl)

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 12:40:14 PM »
Yep... that's exactly what happens... It's like boiling water... the heat source is constant... but the water temperature keeps rising and rising until it evaporates... in the case of a space ship... shatters into a million pieces of space debris...

And about law #50, all other laws are about things that happen in anime... law #50... is about the artists... and hentai fans... that from my point of view this law is more about stereotypes than anime...

I'm hentai fan and I know girls in real life don't tear off their clothes at the drop of a pin... Unless that pin has $100 pined to it... XD

And many hentai artists make several other animes and mangas that have nothing to do with hentai... so... this law is not even a law...
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 04:01:45 PM »
I don't believe the 50th law is specific to hentai.

What it does point out, for anime in general, is that anime can end up being perverted (keeping in mind that not everyone knows this, law 50 would be a pretty important law :p)

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 01:30:23 AM »
I see...

Still they shouldn't stereotype me... I mean... stereotype hentai fans...

But still calling "anime artists" perverts... is a bit to much... they just give us what we want... c'mon... everyone likes to see a panty shot... be it in real life or anime... XD

I was going to talk about laws #89 to #91 but I better not... I'll just say... hentai artists are perverted and have a weird sense of proportion... XD
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 01:45:11 AM by FallinG_StaR »

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 02:03:54 AM »
it says "most (but not all) anime artists" :p

and that stuff is pretty much the definition of perverted. Some perverted things may be more accepting to some people than others and to other people, but it is still perverted.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 02:15:40 AM »
Well... I guess there's a pervert inside of everyone... XD

Be it anime or real life...

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 06:55:56 PM »
#17 Law of Transient Romantic Unreliability
Minmei is a bimbo. (Note: The Minority Opposition in Ohio disagrees and thinks all men who like this stuff needs to get out more.)

Who the hell is Minmei and what makes her a bimbo?

Offline spotless

• Big Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 04:23:22 AM »
i didn't know about the rule nÂș 17.

and i think that minmei is a female character from robotech.
if i am not wrong in my suposition.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 04:33:42 AM »
thanks, she is

I wanted to know why they call her a bimbo in the anime laws 0.0

I looked bimbo up, something like someone who is stupid or offensive and has loose morality

Offline spotless

• Big Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 04:38:40 AM »
well, i never watched robotech complete and i don't know why they call her a bimbo.
i knew she was from robotech because a friend of mine use to be a fan of that series and he told me that some time ago when we were watching one episode.

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 04:32:28 AM »
I have no idea who Minmei is, but that law makes me lol anyway. xD
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2009, 04:41:00 AM »
I guess this is why she's a bimbo and the reason for the law name...

Minmay's personality is that of any teenage girl, fun-loving, playful, full of dreams and hopes that she may realize some day. After their initial encounter during the start of the Space War I, Hikaru builds a deep infatuation on her that grows on and on throughout the series. But after Minmay wins the Miss Macross contest and becomes a distant pop idol, his feelings for her change, as she becomes too involved not only in the popular culture, but as a symbol of the human struggle against the Zentradi. Minmay also displayed insecurity and doubts about her attraction toward Hikaru and her cousin Lynn Kaifunn.