Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:23:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 9
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 13
Total: 13

Author Topic: End of Eva - Did Shinji really have a choice in the instrumentality project?  (Read 9023 times)

Offline Urusei0Yatsura

• Psychotic Fan
If you haven't seen or are currently watching Neon Genesis Evangelion or the End of Evangelion film I really wouldn't read this topic, it contains massive spoilers. 

Spoiler (hover to show)
She/her

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
Well... I'm not intelligent enough to understand the mecha stuff (well, I know a few stuff) that goes with Neon Genesis but I love the Anime, though. I guess I won't be helpful in this thread. Have you tried searching for an NGE forum? I'm sure there's an Otaku online community from your country and I'm sure there's a topic only about NGE.

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
Re: End of Eva - Did Shinji really have a choice in the instrumentality project
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 08:52:59 PM »
I am really not a fan of Evangelion (though I truly dig Gendo's look) but I can safely say that Shinji never had a choice at all or he is been forced to quit his own free will in order to please others
Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 09:45:16 PM by Cosmic King »

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
I am currently a little over half way through the series ^_^

Is this a spoiler for the end of the TV series or also the movie?

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
Re: End of Eva - Did Shinji really have a choice in the instrumentality project
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 09:48:17 PM »
Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
y'd u need to spoil that? I haven't read the previous spoils so telling me which the spoils r for doesn't spoil anything :\

or did u just wanna try the spoil thing out?

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
Part trying to test the spoilers tag,part correcting a small mistake

My apologies,Neo

Offline Urusei0Yatsura

• Psychotic Fan
I am currently a little over half way through the series ^_^

Is this a spoiler for the end of the TV series or also the movie?

For me the TV series is a spoiler for the movie, the end of the TV series actually tells you that the instrumentality project happens but says it going to skip the build up. The movie shows you what was happening physically in the third impact and the last two episodes show what was happening in mentally to Shinji.

To be honest with you I thought the series was great, but the there are just too many ambiguities and parts of the plot that are missing: I didn't understand a lot of it until I read about it.

Examples of missing plot are the Lance of Longinus, its origins are not explained and its not shown why it is important in the third impact; I get the feeling that they said: "Hey let's put this mysterious weapon into the anime and make up an explanation near the end of the series!", of course they never got round to it. Well at least that is what I feel happened.

I think the End of Evangelion could have been executed a lot better than it was. In fact, I think they should have made a film about the creation of the Evas themselves in the 00s first then the instrumentality project. That bit of the series had the most impact on me.

Evangelion is a great series, but it needs of work. Personally I think they should remake the upcoming movies profit to remake the TV series completely, clean it up and stick to a realistic budget that allows them to tell the whole story without resorting to bargain basement post modernist animation. 
She/her

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
First, Cosmic, you LIED!!! His spoiler was including the movie :(

Urusei0Yatsura, why did you quote me if u weren't gonna reply? :\

As for the new movies, while 1.0 fairly stuck to the plot of the anime while adding and removing some scenes, I heard that 2.0 will include (will... as if it isn't already in Japan yet :\ I'm waiting for the dub version) many new things such as a new character.

At this point, its too late to remake the movies into a remake of the series. 2 have already been created and there are two on the way.

I also think there were a few spoilers in ur post...

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
Spoiler (hover to show)

I really didn't understand the movies or the final episodes... I just watched it because...
Spoiler (hover to show)
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
First, Cosmic, you LIED!!! His spoiler was including the movie :(

My apologies on that,Neo

My mistake could have been due to my lack of interest for Evangelion (I got the final episodes mixed up in my mind,hehehe)

Hope this fixes my mistake

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
Btw... I don't know which episode/movie it was but... isn't there a part where Shinji is... m-mas-masturbating next to the other girl in the hospital???

I don't know if in the Americas that got cut out... but I'm sure I said something like this... "WTF just happened???"  8|

;D
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 12:59:05 AM by FallinG_StaR »
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
I don't recall that.

In the interest of Evangelion, who has checked out the ONA of it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaS_bR9BD3s

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
Btw... I don't know which episode/movie it was but... isn't there a part where Shinji is... m-mas-masturbating next to the other girl in the hospital???

I don't know if in the Americas that got cut out... but I'm sure I said something like this... "WTF just happened???"  8|

;D

It was either in the first or second Movie. I think it was "The End Of Evangelion"

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
well the first movie, Death and Rebirth, was basically a recap with a few violin(?) scenes added. So if it was there, it would have been in the TV series too.

Another thing... for "Death and Rebirth" they edited Rei's big smile to a short one... WHY???