Forum > Urusei Yatsura Goodies 'n' Stuff

Sprite ripping! (Finally)

(1/3) > >>

SonicDaMan:
After searching long and hard, I've finally found some Urusei Yatsura sprites that were actually worth ripping! (Except for the Famicom game, I'm ripping those too BTW)

Anyways, I dunno know if you guys were aware of this, but there are some pretty damn good sprites in the Sega CD (Mega CD) game "Urusei Yatsura: My Dear Friends". If you've watched the footage, or even played this before, you thought it was only a point-and-click game? Right?

I found an unlockable, Street Fighter-styled minigame! In English, it's called "Girl Fighter Nitro" (excited lulz)

You get to pick from Lum, Shinobu, Ryunoske and Asuka, and they basically sucker-punch eachother, along with a health bar and time limit above their heads. Each character is unique, bringing along a special move (eg. Shinobu throwing a desk) and an alternative costume (eg. Lum with red hair).

Since Urusei Yatsura games are so obscure, no one has ever ripped the sprites yet, so that's what I'm doing (at my own pace of course)

I've already started ripping Lum, as you can see with the animated GIF below:

I will release a proper sprite-sheet when I'm done.  Hopefully, I'll be updating this, so stay tuned!... or whatever =P

cata:
This is the first time I hear about that game and I'm in love with it. The only thing I'm disappointed about is the fact that there are no male characters and no Benten or Ran instead of Asuka!!!

Ataru's special attack would be jumping, hugging, kissing, grabbing his opponent if it's a girl. (It would be hilarious!) If it's a boy, it could be the frying pan since he used that on Ten.

Mendo's special attack would be his sword against male opponents and flirting against female opponents.

Megane's special attack screaming his lungs out. xD

Chibi's special attack could be avoiding his opponent attack and sneak on his/her back and kick him/her in the leg to make him/her fall down.

Kakugari's special attack could be crushing his opponent.

Perm's special attack could be combing his hair and accidently throws his comb hitting his opponent.

Onsen-Mark's special attack could be screaming his lungs out, too.

Ran's special attack would be being nice, then her opponent would approach her and then she would get mad and fire one of those super-guns and eventually be nice again. xD

Benten's special attack would be bike driving through her opponent or hitting her opponent with her chain.

Oyuki's special attack would be freezing her opponent or throw ice arrows or something.

Cherry's special attack would be (this is hard!! xD) exploding. xD

Kotatsu-neko's special attack would be his kotatsu but to restore its health since I can't see how it could harm anyone. xD

Ten's special attack would be fireburping or something. xD

Sakura's special attack would be exorcism.

Kroptik:
That's pretty cool, I'm sure it will be useful to make some flash games. :P

Also, have you checked Endless Summer for the DS?
Those sprites could also be nice for a non-fighting oriented game.

SonicDaMan:

--- Quote from: Kroptik on August 22, 2009, 07:21:14 PM ---That's pretty cool, I'm sure it will be useful to make some flash games. :P

Also, have you checked Endless Summer for the DS?
Those sprites could also be nice for a non-fighting oriented game.

--- End quote ---

Yup, and I've actually tried playing that game too (However, just like the other games, I don't know what I'm doing, because I don't understand Japanese =P)

If I was making an RPG, then I would rip those sprites, but I'm personally more into sidescrollers/platformers.

UruseiNeo:
you da man, SonicDaMan XD

nice new banner btw

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version