Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:11:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 24
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 16
Total: 16

Author Topic: Clannad  (Read 4639 times)

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
Clannad
« on: May 29, 2009, 02:51:03 AM »
Has anyone watched this?

If not, I suggest you do. Great anime, one of the best I've seen so far (the only animes that got a perfect 10 for me were UY and Clannad season 2).

Basically the first season follows the main character, Tomoya, and his new friend Nagisa, as they re-establish their school's drama club.
The second season follows their life from the end of the first school semester until some years after they leave school.

Here's the "official" description from ANN:
Season one
Tomoya Okazaki is a third year high school student resentful of his life. His mother passed away from a car accident when he was younger, causing his father to resort to alcohol and gambling. This results in fights between the two until Tomoya's shoulder is injured in a fight. Since then, Tomoya has had distant relationships with his father, causing him to become a delinquent over time. While on a walk to school, he meets a strange girl named Nagisa Furukawa who is a year older, but is repeating due to illness. Due to this, she is often alone as most of her friends have moved on. The two begin hanging out and slowly, as time goes by, Tomoya finds his life shifting in a new direction.

I won't put season two's description because it has some spoilers from season one.

Considering it's an anime that came from a game, I thought it would be kinda dull, but I was positively surprised about it. ;D
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
Re: Clannad
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 06:34:41 AM »
I've watched clannad, a very touching anime with good comedy as a side dish.
I loved how each character's arcs were presented with their interesting back story.
I specially loved the character Tomoyo Sakagami  which in my opinion was better suited to be with Tomoya Okazaki which can be proven by the OVA "Clannad: Another World, Tomoyo Chapter"
Another of my favorite characters was Youhei Sunohara, who is Okazaki's best friend, and reminds me of Ataru in certain aspects, probably because he is a punching bag like ataru.
A few things that I didn't like about Clannad were that they didn't continue the arcs, because most of them had more to tell. Another was one of the main characters, Nagisa Furukawa, who was very fragile and timid. Her personality was cute at first, but got annoying after a while.
I dropped this series almost near the end of Clannad~After story, because I didn't like how the story headed, and it wasn't the same with most of the characters absent the rest of the series, which was one of the main reason I watched it ( I guess its fan's selfishness  :P).
I as well recommend this anime, for those who like to see a touching anime with comedy, this anime had nearly broken me into tears constantly and sometimes by laughter.

here is Clannad mad for those interested
#Invalid YouTube Link#
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 06:38:40 AM by janus »

▲
▲ ▲

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 06:36:02 AM »
* oops, double post*
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 06:38:03 AM by janus »

▲
▲ ▲

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 04:39:54 AM »
So you're a Tomoyo fan? xD

I read that the Tomoyo/Tomoya OVA was made because a lot of people seemed to think that was a better pairing.
That OVA kinda shows how much people can change depending on the people they like. The Tomoya from the OVA was so different from the regular one. xD

If you liked Clannad because it made you cry, then you should've watched it all the way till the end. I have and I totally recommend it.

Also, there will be a new OVA, this time with Kyou:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/6351/Clannad:_Another_World_Kyou_Chap
Can't wait to see that one too. ;D

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 06:18:21 AM »
I've been telling you a long time ago this anime is the best... And for the After Story (2nd Season) If you watched the movie... you would be ready for what would happen... I cried... alot... ;D

The music in the anime is great too... even if it makes you cry more easily depending on whats happening... XD

this anime is a 5 out of 5*
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 06:40:59 PM »
(...)I cried... alot... ;D(...)

Need more proof that this is a great anime? Even Falling cried watching it. XD

Nah I'm just kidding. :P
I can't say I cried exactly, but my eyes did get watery... :P

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 09:23:50 PM »
I don't like crying. I usually cry when I see someone crying, too. Even if it's an Anime character (the tears and the noise must be realistic). I feel like I'm a crybaby. I need Anime that has humor and drama (or just humor). xD

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 12:41:53 AM »
Believe me cata... this anime is very realistic, emotions and stuff... it has humor and drama...

But for the people that have seen it some parts are like a punch in the stomach... that makes our eyes watery like Kroptik said... XD

It does have a happy ending... XD

I just have to say one last thing... watch the movie it got a different point of view and ending from the series... http://www.megavideo.com/?v=PTGK3W0I
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 12:49:41 AM by FallinG_StaR »
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 11:36:10 AM »
Oh if it has an happy ending I'll watch it (when I have time, of course). xD

Offline spotless

• Big Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 05:12:56 AM »
i haven't  watch this anime fully, i only watched kotomi's arc in the first season because i love kotomi.
but not the full series.

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 12:48:18 AM »
After watching this excerpt, I think I have to watch at least some of it (if not all of it). Powerful.
#Invalid YouTube Link#
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline Moroboshi-kun

• Fan
  • aka RTAE86
    • MyAnimeList
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 05:24:14 PM »
Clannad is sooooo great... Cried alot too!!! :'( :'(

But I recomend that you watch:

Air TV - Kanon (2006) and then Clannad.

The "cry level" keeps on rising ;D ;D
Lum fan till the day I die
MyAnimeList | YouTube | Steam | Twitter
Feel free to add me~

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 02:41:13 AM »
Air TV is pretty confusing and the ending sucked for me...

I hope Kanon (2006) has an ending more like Clannad's, or I might take it off my to-watch list. >_<

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 03:13:11 AM »
Just keep in mind that there's 2 Kanon... the (2002) and the (2006).

Kanon (2002): I just watched a few episodes (found out latter I was watching the wrong one) and the ending (to compare with the ending of the 2006) and its ok... I guess. Artwork compared to (2006) is bad... but I've seen worse. It's only 13 episodes long.

Kanon (2006): One of the main reasons I ended up watching it was because of Clannad (same creators). It has the typical Eroge plot with a twist... something like Shuffle!... but without the demons and stuff.
It's 24 episodes... and the ending is good... what we would call a happy ending... but for me... it could of been better...
There's lots of things here that you can easily associate to Clannad...

Funny fact... episode 13 (last) of Kanon (2002) the characters are sitting around a table and the blond guy... (that I don't know the name) is wearing a green sweatshirt that says Clannad. ;D
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 03:19:48 AM by FallinG_StaR »

Offline Moroboshi-kun

• Fan
  • aka RTAE86
    • MyAnimeList
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2010, 08:45:35 PM »
Funny fact... episode 13 (last) of Kanon (2002) the characters are sitting around a table and the blond guy... (that I don't know the name) is wearing a green sweatshirt that says Clannad. ;D

Oh my god ;D ;D
Lum fan till the day I die
MyAnimeList | YouTube | Steam | Twitter
Feel free to add me~