Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:42:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 23
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14

Author Topic: Persona!  (Read 10811 times)

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
Re: Persona!
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 05:30:39 PM »
Maybe one day... when Japan conquers the entire planet with their super mega army of Mecha's and hot looking anime girls... ;D (a dream I had) :P

Or maybe they'll brainwash everyone with popular video games and anime, making us all want to become Japanese. Wait a minute. OH MY GOD, THEY'RE ALREADY WINNING!
Excuse me, have you seen my mind? I seem to have misplaced it...

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 06:08:42 PM »
Hanaukyo Maid Team...

The guy has an alergic reaction when in contact with girls... just wanted to let you know this because you told us you want to make something original... ;D
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 06:51:08 PM »
Hanaukyo Maid Team...

The guy has an alergic reaction when in contact with girls... just wanted to let you know this because you told us you want to make something original... ;D
Wrong topic?

Anyways, the first video you posted, Falling, is technically the main opening for Persona 4, the following is a better "preview"

#Invalid YouTube Link#

I also love that review video, thanks

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2009, 01:06:17 AM »
LoL... Maybe... You'll never know... XD

Dammit...  :@
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2009, 01:47:12 AM »
Yeah, I was wondering that myself, but I thought it better not to say anything. Besides, the whole girl allergy thing hasn't been original at least since the 80s.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 05:00:07 AM »
That anime isn't from the 80's but whatever... you're right... it's not very common these days...

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 05:29:39 AM »
c'mon, guys, I wanted to talk persona T_T

this discussion was technically meant for "I need advice"

Anyways, Sid, where are you in P4?

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 06:57:21 PM »
That anime isn't from the 80's but whatever... you're right... it's not very common these days...

I said the 80s because I remember a certain manga from the 80s where a girl allergy was one of the main gimmicks.

Anyway, Persona 4... I haven't picked it up in like 2 weeks now, but I was right at the end of Kanji's dungeon on the first day it became available on my second playthrough. I've only seen the first bad ending because I wanted to start a new game where I can max out all the social links in the given time and didn't have the patience to bring my first game all the way to the good end conclusion (although I do have my first game saved at like December 18th or so). Well that and maybe cause I wanted to choose Rise as my Christmas date, but I only got her s.link up to level 7 (I could go back and finish it out and choose Yukiko though, she's cute and I have her s.link maxed). I think it's a lot more fun to play it with all your social stats maxed out right from the start. Probably when I go back to it, though, I'm going to start a new game. I already have a plan worked out where I can max all the social links in one go (which is easy to do once you learn all the characters' schedules), and I think I can pull off having the option of all the girls for the Christmas date, then I can save it and watch them all. :)

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 07:18:55 PM »
It has been proven that MAXing all SL is possible in 1 playthrough. Being new to the game though, and not knowing a lot of what you can do, screws your chances of that happening fairly quickly. I couldn't find the study desk for the first few months XD

Too bad you don't get to keep the MAXed SL's on the second playthrough. Good news is that you can have a "second playthrough" when you beat the "second playthrough" in which you still get to keep yen, persona, etc. after beating Second playthrough.

I may not have been able to Max ALL my SL on New Game +, but I did managed to MAX all my allies' SL. It's fairly easy to do, but it's kinda a pain since their is no save period between the boss and the Xmas eve event....

Knowing the character's schedules isn't enough, you need to know what days it rains AND which days are holidays. Because most of your non-ally SLs are not available on holidays and almost NO ONE is available on rainy days.

There's a point in the Tower's SL (Shu, tutor SL) where all your allies join during one of his rank ups and it is a funny scene but it might be best to wait till you have all ur allies to maximize the fun.

So you saw one "bad ending" but did you see the normal ending? I assume you did since you said u reached December 18th

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 07:46:12 PM »
The only ones I didn't max on my first playthrough were Rise, Naoto, Saki's brother, the Fox, Margaret, and the ones you meet at work. After the first playthrough I checked the schedules of all the characters (what days they come out and what not) and, having already known that it was possible to max the s.links, I realized all you need is an efficient plan.

Yen for me is rarely a problem (except at the very beginning) unless I do a lot of persona compendium recalls (which I did in my first game) because I'm the type of guy that spends a LOT of time levelling, even if I only go into the TV world once or twice per dungeon that opens up. Usually the first chance I get to open a new dungeon, I do that, then when I'm in the TV world, I go to the previous dungeon, run through it once or twice (and if I hadn't beaten it's extra boss by then, I do so) before going to the new one, which I run through completely at least twice before I take on the boss. But I'm sure that's how anyone else would play it too.

But yeah, it kinda irritates me how everyone seems to be afraid of the rain. Usually I end up fishing (best way to get extra chest keys). But yeah, I had assumed taking holidays and weather into account was common sense in the whole planning thing.

As far as endings go, no. The only one I've seen is bad ending one where you throw the crazy guy into the TV in the hospital and the girl stays dead. I know about the others, but I didn't see them. I'm not exactly sure on it being december 18th. Actually, it was probably more like the 10th or something. I don't know. It was the first day that the last guy's dungeon was available. I opened it up, but decided to save and start a new game before I even set foot in it.

Also, there is one thing I have to say. Teddie. What the fuck? Every time I hear his voice I want to find him and strangle him while I gouge his eyeballs out with a rusty spoon. But Shadow Teddie, man. That's the coolest fucking thing ever!

Dammit. Now I want to play it again. But I promised myself I'd work on my new comic. Ugh, I swear, I have no willpower anymore.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009, 08:25:18 PM »
referring to the leveling up, I kinda do that too but I have a method. What I do is pretend the MC doesn't exist, I do not care about leveling him up. I focus on leveling up my allies.

When I new dungeon opens, I make sure each ally has gone through it at least once or to the point where he/she has raised 5 levels. As the game goes on, this usually means going through the same dungeon multiple times then going back to the first floor.

Then, I do the same thing going through to beat the "extra boss"

As a result, each ally raises 10 levels before the next new dungeon, and looking at the MC, he has gained a fair bit more than 10 levels which is totally awesome.

It's a simple method and it doesn't involve too much boredom of the same level as half the time you have an alternate goal (reaching the top)
----------------------------------------
Teddie is, I believe, the same VA for Henry from Digimon Tamers.
-----------------------------------------
I'm still a little confused on which dungeon you were referring to as the "last's guy's" could u give me his/her name (if worried about spoiling then the first letter will do)
---------------------------------------------------------
I've screened myself from P3 FES for pretty much 2 weeks now too, so I can focus on school T_T

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2009, 10:38:03 PM »
referring to the leveling up, I kinda do that too but I have a method. What I do is pretend the MC doesn't exist, I do not care about leveling him up. I focus on leveling up my allies.

Considering you can't take him out of the party, that's obvious. But it doesn't really matter if you keep reserve characters up to level anyway because how fast they level if they're any more than a few levels behind (ie: by the time I started training Kanji in my first go, he was about 20 levels behind and he was picking them up at about one level per fight for quite some time).

By last guy, I was talking about Adachi.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2009, 11:56:28 PM »
Wait... you said you DIDN'T go into his dungeon so how did you end the game? Obviously you didn't use the normal route, so you must have use that bad ending you said u saw. But you said you saved before going in the dungeon? Did you save that AND go back to get the bad ending?

Anyways, I screwed up, while I was looking to make sure I didn't pick the wrong answers (to avoid getting bad ending with Namatame) and I accidentally got spoiled about Adachi T_T

So I never got to live the experience of solving the mystery T_T T_T

Care to share your experience?

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2009, 05:29:51 AM »
Bad Ending number one is achieved by throwing Namatame into the TV when he's in the hospital. Nanako stays dead that night and you skip Christmas straight to the end. You have to be really evil with your answers or you won't throw him into the TV, Nanako will still live, and it'll still advance through Christmas and whatnot, but you get a different ending (depending on your answers, the normal ending or one of the other bad endings). I had a backup save right before that scene, and I did it the way you were supposed to to get the perfect ending, got that game up to just before Adachi's dungeon, I kept that as another backup save, reloaded the backup and did the "throw Namatame into the TV" ending, then used that file to start a new game so I could play it through all the way again, but not have to worry about social stats (knowledge, understanding, dilligence, etc), and get a nice little boost of cash while I was at it (not to mention more than half the personas in the game saved in my compendium). My current game, after today, is now up to the point where I just opened up Rise's dungeon (which is my favorite in the game), and well on my path to a perfect game. :)

As far as my experience... I always figure out these things easily and early. It's like when I first saw The Sixth Sense, I figured out the guy was dead before the movie was even half over. First time I played this game, I figured it was Adachi around the time Rise gets kidnapped and he distracts you with some random paparazzi. He's just one of those obvious "I'm a bad guy pretending to be a good guy" characters that are pretty stock in mysteries and action-thrillers. They do a good job throwing you off with Namatame, but once you start seeing the "something just doesn't feel right" type of stuff, it becomes an obvious throw.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2009, 06:18:53 AM »
I still wonder how I would have done, choosing the right name from that list to figure out who it was.

But if you think about it, it's a lot simpler than it looks. You can eliminate all your Social Links from the list right off the bat (common sense) and you eliminate Namatame and Mitsuo cause you already know their involvement, seems kinda stupid to have the three murdered victims on the list, but you can cross them off too. That leaves you with pretty much the fat girl (forgot name), the female teacher (forgot name) and Adachi.

1. Since you get three tries, you can guess all three if u want.
2. Adachi really does stand out more than the other two.
3. Adachi, who seems like a relatively important character, is NOT one of your social links.

That's how I wish I would have handled it if I got to handle it. I probably wouldn't have seen that "i'm a bad guy pretending to be a good guy" because I'm so used to his VA, Ichigo from Bleach AND the MC of Persona 4. (He's a REALLY good voice actor 0.0)

Hopefully I won't get spoiled for P3 FES, but so far it's pretty great. There are some aspects of it that I like better than P4.