Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:52:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 30
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Author Topic: Persona!  (Read 10817 times)

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
Persona!
« on: March 09, 2009, 11:12:32 PM »
Lately, I've been REALLY into the Shin Megami Tensei games; "Persona 3 FES" and "Persona 4"

So I decided to start talking about it here :P

I know sidzero has already played some, hopefully there will be some other Persona fans out there to join in the conversation, I have a few topics to discuss ^_^ :angel:

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
Re: Persona!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 11:21:08 PM »
MMOs aren't really my thing, but if you like the MegaTen games, I keep seeing an ad for this on one of the sites I read manga on regularly...

http://megaten.aeriagames.com/

I dunno, you might be interested.
Excuse me, have you seen my mind? I seem to have misplaced it...

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 11:26:10 PM »
I dunno what MMO stands for, but that aside, I wanted to first talk about the anime that was created between P3 FES and P4

#Invalid YouTube Link#

#Invalid YouTube Link#

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 11:28:18 PM »
By MMO, I'm talking massively multiplayer online games. WoW and crap like that. That was one of the free ones.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 11:30:31 PM »
Ummm.... Persona isn't an MMO, though. It's neither multiplayer nor online. I dun like WoW either :\

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 12:39:30 AM »
Is Persona something like Final Fantasy games?
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 02:16:21 AM »
similar and yet not similar. You can use 1-4 characters and fight against enemies in turns.

In Persona 3, you can only control the Main Character, the other 3 are like CPU's but you can choose 3 out of 8 allies. In Persona 4, you can switch the CPU's to allow you full control, but you only have 6 choices in terms of allies.

Collecting Personas is like collecting pokemon XD but they aren't numbered like that.

Your persona basically determines your stats, strengths, weakness, and what skills you can use and the Main Character is the only character who can change his persona.

There are a variety types of attacks too; Physical, Fire, Ice, Electric, Wind, Light, and Dark. all characters and enemies have resistances and/or weaknesses to one or more of these "elements"

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 03:00:51 AM »
Hmm... It looks like a WoW meets Final Fantasy meets Spellforce tipe of game... XD
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 05:05:08 AM »
How is it WoW?

It's a lot closer to a mix between Legend of Dragoon and Sims. (Legend of Dragoon is a better example than Final Fantasy)

Here's a P3 Trailer: (All this is direct footage from the game)
#Invalid YouTube Link#

Persona 3 and Persona 3 FES feature the voices of:

Rukia (Bleach)
Ed (Full Metal Alchemist)
Miyuki (Lucky Star)
Uriyu(sp? Quincy guy) (Bleach)
Sasuke from Naruto as the main character (AKA Ben from Ben 10 Alien Force)
and more!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 05:09:01 AM by UruseiNeo »

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 05:08:29 AM »
WoW because of the attacks and stuff... XD

I don't know... I'm not really a fan of RPG's

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 05:23:52 AM »
WoW because of the attacks and stuff... XD

In that sense, Final Fantasy and Legend of Dragoon are like WoW....

Anyways, this is a pretty popular game. Persona 4 is currently one of the top. The "secret ingredient," if you will, is the part of the game OUTSIDE the main plot.

There's the main plot where you are focused on leveling up and stuff, getting stronger and beating bosses...

Then there's the time you have to do whatever you want. Developing Social Links is a big part of the game. Pretty much all the Social Links you can make with female characters have the potential to become "Lovers Relationship" in which the character becomes your girlfriend. And yes, you can have more than one girlfriend.

One of the best features is the "New Game +" which is like a second playthrough but BETTER

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 02:22:59 PM »
Funny how the main draw of Persona to western gamers is the dating sim aspect, but dating sims were never that popular in the US (mostly cause the Japanese wouldn't give us translations of any). Maybe they'll learn the lesson?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 03:10:47 PM »
I wasn't THAT focused on the "dating part" of the game, mostly cause I focused on one girl (Rise) instead of multiple girls in P4. (If Naoto becomes one of your girlfriends and you make the right choices, she'll dress like a girl for the XMas Eve event if you chose to see her)

In P3 FES, I followed (am following) a Social Link guide and... well the guide seems to pick the choices to make the female characters your girlfriend. That, or this is automatic in P3 and there is no "normal route" for a female Social Link.

But the creators are so detailed about this aspect of the game. A Social Link will become "Reversed" or even "Broken" if you do one of the following things:

1. Say something wrong during a conversation with them.
2. Make plans to do something with them on a Sunday and then cancel.
3. I believe not talking to them within a certain day limit will make them reverse.
    - Girl's tend to have a 60 day limit before you have to talk to them again. This limit is decreased by 15 days if you talk to A DIFFERENT girl.
4. Girl's might reverse or break if you are caught with a different girl Social Link if both these girls have reached the "girlfriend" stage. This can be avoided by Maxing one Female Social Link at a time, as a Maxed Social Link can never reverse nor break.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 03:14:51 PM »
Funny how the main draw of Persona to western gamers is the dating sim aspect, but dating sims were never that popular in the US (mostly cause the Japanese wouldn't give us translations of any). Maybe they'll learn the lesson?

I think they just dont really care about the US market... or any other market...

Date Sims and other games from the same style... like Eroge... are so comon and are released so fast that the japanese market is more than enough for them...

And also, because many of the companies/studios are so small they can't possibly handle the jump to expand their market overseas... It would be a logistical nightmare for them...

Maybe one day... when Japan conquers the entire planet with their super mega army of Mecha's and hot looking anime girls... ;D (a dream I had) :P

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator