Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:13:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 24
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Author Topic: I need some advice...  (Read 8886 times)

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
Re: I need some advice...
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2009, 01:10:06 AM »
I could give you some ideas... but I would need more info about his life...

But anyway here goes... What about if the guy dies in the mountains... victim of low temperatures and then gets covered by snow and the "alien" robots recover him and stuff like that...
And if you want him to die like a hero... just say he was searching for something or someone... :P
I went with the death by freazing because its simple way to revive him... even after a few nanotechnology modifications... XD

Ok I think that's enough... or else I wont stop... ;D

Just don't go with the Robots from the future thing... that will kill off the story right from the begining...
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2009, 02:18:17 AM »
If you want him to be bad with women, you could have his death relate to such thus showing an aspect of his character. Also sounds like it has a hint of irony, to me

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2009, 03:09:19 AM »
LoL... Funny thing... because of this I watched Gurren Lagann... and let me tell you I still cant get passed episode 8...

Why did they have to kill off Kamina so early? Even if I already knew that was going to happen... It still pisses me off...

Returning to the topic... suicide because he couldn't get a date? Is that what you mean UruseiNeo? That's kinda lame... but it could be a possibility... depends on what background story Sidzero is planning for the guy...
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2009, 04:44:37 AM »
To be honest, he has no background because it's completely irrelevant to the story. You guys seem to have the wrong idea. I'm not looking for story ideas. Everyone seems to want to give some kind of story about why he's dying, or make some big scene of it. His death is not as important as relaying the fact that he is dead. As such, I only want to make a spectacle of his death. That's it.

Since I'm asking for help, let me help you help me. Let me relate to you the rough idea of what I have in mind for the first few pages of this comic...

Page one is going to be the main character getting rejected. It'll be a pretty girl and she's going to be saying something along the lines of "Don't you think it would be better off if we just stay friends? I'm sorry, I just don't think we're very compatible romantically."

The second and third pages are just going to be a bunch of panels where he's whining about how much his life sucks cause he's never had a girlfriend in his life and how much he hates it. Then the last panel on the third page is going to be a close up of his face with a look of shock on his face.

The fourth and fifth page are going to be a two page spread of the moment before he's dying. This is where I'm stuck right now. Example: Let's say I want to kill him by crashing an airplane into him while he's riding his bike down the side of a road. It's a cool idea and if I don't come up with anything better I'll probably default on it. I would draw it as a silhouette of the guy on his bike looking up at the sky as a plane is moments away from impact. To make it an even cooler scene, I would have a beautiful scene of waves crashing on some rocks at a beach at sunset or something as a background.

The sixth page will have a panel or three at the top showing the aftermath of whatever his death is, but most of the page will be taken up by what looks like a sketch of the main guy fading to white. Opposite that on the seventh page, it will be mostly black but show a sequence of him opening his eyes in some white room.

The eighth page... well from here I'm not telling, but he meets one of the robots that brings him back to life who then explains his situation, and eventually he gets dumped on the island with the girls. All this scenario stuff setting up the situation is pretty unimportant. Most of what I'm focusing on as I tell this story is what takes place after they get dumped on the island, and how they have to build their own little society Robinson Crusoe style.
Excuse me, have you seen my mind? I seem to have misplaced it...

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2009, 05:17:15 AM »
I didn't say anything reguarding suicide! I meant something more like he could be trying to get a date with a girl and that leads to his death in someway, I don't know how, I left that open. In my last few ideas, I wasn't trying to make a story about why he was dying, I was trying to add comic relief or irony to his death.

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2009, 05:24:17 AM »
Page one is going to be the main character getting rejected. It'll be a pretty girl and she's going to be saying something along the lines of "Don't you think it would be better off if we just stay friends? I'm sorry, I just don't think we're very compatible romantically."

That's pretty much what I meen by background story... for the death... (since I was talking about the idea UruseiNeo gave about the death by broken hearth thing)...
I wasn't talking about his life backgroung story...

Besides I think you have everything figured out... You seem to like the idea of a plane crash...

And Neo I didn't say that you said anything... I was giving an example of something related to:

If you want him to be bad with women, you could have his death relate to such thus showing an aspect of his character. Also sounds like it has a hint of irony, to me

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2009, 02:36:08 PM »
I do really like the idea of the plane crash. More that I like the image I have in my head of that particular scene. The problem is that it doesn't really grab me. Dropping an airplane on the guy just doesn't seem over-the-top enough. That's why I'm saving it as a backup plan if I don't come up with something better by the deadlines I've given myself.

Oh, I should add something, my main guy has a name now. Adam Phoenix. Phoenix because he dies and comes back to life. Adam because I wanna make it kinda like the story in the bible, except instead, it's Adam and Eve and Melissa and Christina and Angela and Mary and Anna and Karen and Diana and Amy and Sara and Naomi and Hailey and Celeste and Gina and Fiona and Jenny and Lucy and Carol and Jessica and Theresa and Rose and Alice and Susan and Natalie and Lindsey and Cindy and Elizabeth and so on and so forth (but don't expect this list of random names to reflect the actual characters I use)...

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2009, 03:05:19 PM »
Over-the-top... What about to planes crash and fall on him... and then a spy satellite comes out of orbit and falls in the same place as the plane crash???

Ok... that probably is to much over the top... XD

Btw... Nice name for the character.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2009, 03:14:00 PM »
You could probably have a hundred things crash onto him.

Offline ammo1991

• Casual Fan
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2009, 04:23:38 PM »
The guy was going to be a really perverted guy, right? What if he was peeking on the girls in the shower of a public bath. While he is standing on a tall ladder the girls sees him, bringing a little seed of panic. Then all the girls throws things at him (make a funny scene, put in for example a TV) then the guy falls backwards of the ladder, being smashed by it into the ground.

You could stop here, but you could also continue with a truck driving that way, sees him, tries to drive of, and then it roll over and also crushes the person.

PS: I love the story, it's a great idea, just remember to post it when you are done with the start of the story^^

Edit:
- Sorry for posting this late, kinda lost the network earlier:P

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2009, 05:17:59 PM »
The guy was going to be a really perverted guy, right?

No, not at all. Like I said earlier, I was considering making him a sex-phobe and have him panic or pass out every time one of the girls tried to seduce him, which would have to be often. But I don't know how well that gimmick would fly, not to mention that's a gimmick that is better utilized in a longer, ongoing story, and I'm just trying to keep this one short.

I'm probably going to end up sticking with the airplane at this rate. I wish I could just drop the moon on the guy or something, but something like that would be world ending and it wouldn't make sense if I had girls from the future in it too. I could have a tornado throw a house at him, but I don't want to turn him into the wicked witch of the west. Or a cow. A cow would be funny. But if I'm going to use animals, I might as well have an elephant step on him while a newspaper blows by with "Terrorists release zoo animals!" as a headline or something. Or I could be really random and have him crushed by an enormous foot (as a tribute to Monty Python, of course). Or I could just have him spontaneously combust. That's always fun. Oooh, I could go with the elephant idea and have the elephant spontaneously combusting. No, maybe that's a bit much. It's frustrating that I can't think of anything that really grabs me.

Or maybe I should just ask it like this... if you had to die tomorrow, but you could choose to die in any way imaginable, how would all of you choose to die? My answer wouldn't be any good because it would result in the nonexistence of reality (I'm hardcore like that), or at the very least starting a nuclear war. :(
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 06:14:20 PM by sidzero »

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2009, 09:38:26 PM »
I think it would be really funny if the guy was uncult about sex. Like someone who never knew what sex was and stuff like that. What if he was attacked by a lion or some animal like that and died? The situation could be very very rare such as finding an orca in a lake or something.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2009, 01:11:16 AM »
Well... If I could choose the way I would die... It wouldn't help you... cause it would be a very manly way to die... I'll just say that because the rest of my idea is a bit too hardcore... XD

btw, I would die a happy man... ;D

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2009, 01:44:46 AM »
Falling, if you die from something like that, you're pathetic and weak. As fun as it sounds, I think being killed like that would be very unmanly. Unless you're like... one foot in the grave old as it is.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2009, 04:50:43 AM »
What? Pathetic and weak? LoL

Oh! Did you think I would die having sex with hundreds of girls?
Yes... the age I'm thinking that I would die... yes I would probably look like a pathetic and weak 100 years old man... but still it would be a nice ending for my life's grand finale... XD

But yet... it's not what you're thinking... ;D
When I said hardcore it was using "your own" defenition of the word on the other post... XD