Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:11:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 24
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Author Topic: I need some advice...  (Read 9052 times)

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
I need some advice...
« on: March 09, 2009, 07:19:41 PM »
Okay, so all of a sudden, last night, I was inspired to start writing out an idea for a new story I'd like to work on. The ideas I have so far are brilliant (but no, I'm not sharing them yet). The problem is that I need to kill off my main character by about the 3rd or 4th page. Of course, I could think of a thousand different ways to kill the guy off, but so far nothing's really grabbing me as a spectacular way to die, and that's what I want... the bigger, the better. As long as his death doesn't take the whole world with him, the sky is the limit. Can anyone come up with anything?
Excuse me, have you seen my mind? I seem to have misplaced it...

Offline SandStorm

• Casual Otaku
    • Storm Resources Forum (your mobile edge)
Re: I need some advice...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 07:24:30 PM »
ok, somehow, he slowly gets transformed in rock, and then, starts to crack himself, with beams of blindy light coming out from the gaps, until it explodes, leaving only dust in the air
Follow your dreams...

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 07:49:43 PM »
Okay, let me add a few more limitations here.

For one, it needs to be realistic. Spontaneous combustion I could buy, but spontaneous petrification? I just don't see it happening.

For the other, no suicide. I was meaning to add that earlier, but I don't really want to have the guy kill himself, either. Accidents, acts of god, murder, whatever, it's fine, but no suicides... that's too messy.

Offline SandStorm

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 07:51:27 PM »
ok, let him being smashed by a train, while he's listening to heavy metal with the volume up loud, while crossing the train line.
Follow your dreams...

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 07:56:32 PM »
While drawing the guy get smashed by a train seems like it would be REALLY fun to draw, I really don't know if it's spectacular enough. It's not even as spectacular as my first idea, which was to have a random airplane fall out of the sky and crash into his car (if you ever play GTA:San Andreas, you've probably had it happen to you once or twice).

Offline SandStorm

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 07:59:34 PM »
if you want to be a bit gore, you can try some ideas from one accident i saw, but trust me, it's yucky, since there was brain tissue splatted all around the place, and the guy head was something like half head with a metal thing who it it. :\
Follow your dreams...

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 08:02:28 PM »
I don't necessarily want gore, I just want something that would make the reader say "now that would be an awesome way to die!"

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 08:07:22 PM »
You might not like this but.... actually never mind, I don't even wanna say it -_-

Hmmm.... could he die trying to rescue someone?

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 08:10:04 PM »
Sure. I haven't really decided much on the main character's personality (he doesn't even have a name yet), but it works out better if he's supposed to be a "good" person. So give me your best shot.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 08:17:47 PM »
Well, this is actually off the top of my head; you could have him know something bad is gonna happen to someone he cares about and then he finds a way to take their place and ends up getting killed himself. Additionally, this could provide a "he wasn't supposed to die" type of thing which allows him some special opportunities such as whatever you were planning on having him do.

--------------------------------------------------
In case you were wondering about the one I dismissed, basically he gets something on him, maybe a chemical, that causes his skin to grow over holes, such as cuts. Thus, the skin molecules grow over his eyes, nose, and mouth and he suffocates.

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline SandStorm

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 08:18:52 PM »
accidents evolving cars vs trains are always spetacular, you know, the train always win, while the car... :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5n_CTiDzC0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH3PrBqsP2w

this was at low speed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYoF6IionD8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhCyYjKu2Vo
Follow your dreams...

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 08:26:53 PM »
Well, this is actually off the top of my head; you could have him know something bad is gonna happen to someone he cares about and then he finds a way to take their place and ends up getting killed himself. Additionally, this could provide a "he wasn't supposed to die" type of thing which allows him some special opportunities such as whatever you were planning on having him do.

The problem with that idea is that it would take too long to tell. Something like that is something you could write a whole story based off of. I just want to kill the guy off in an extravagant fashion. Also, the guy dying isn't for anything like that. He isn't some tragic story, he just dies.

In case you were wondering about the one I dismissed, basically he gets something on him, maybe a chemical, that causes his skin to grow over holes, such as cuts. Thus, the skin molecules grow over his eyes, nose, and mouth and he suffocates.

Yeah, that was kinda lame.

accidents evolving cars vs trains are always spetacular, you know, the train always win, while the car... :P

Train vs Car is pretty awesome, but seriously, imagine Passenger Airliner vs Car. Compare footage of train crashes to plane crashes if you need help. If you're going to involve a wreck, it should at least top that.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 08:31:02 PM »
Okay, what if he finds some kind of mobbish group of bad guys and then they notice him. So he tries to drive away (assuming he drives) and they follow him, and because they shoot his tires or something, he ends up either crashing or driving off a cliff.

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 08:32:35 PM »
You're putting too much story into it. There doesn't need to be a reason behind why he dies, he just dies.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 08:33:26 PM »
Poison his drink then