Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:21:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12
Total: 12

Author Topic: Yeah, But ... Would You Dare Wear Them ???  (Read 14519 times)

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
Re: Yeah, But ... Would You Dare Wear Them ???
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2009, 12:59:20 AM »
If I remember correctly when that aired in the Odisea Channel... The guy was a executive manager of some company... he lives in a crapy apartment so that he can save money to buy the dolls...

But you should see the full 1 hour documentary... you'll see its not just him... and they even start of with the small anime figures... to the sex dolls collectors...

Another good Doc. to watch about Japan is about the history of Toilets... XD I couldn't stop laughing...
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline SandStorm

• Casual Otaku
    • Storm Resources Forum (your mobile edge)
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2009, 04:10:23 AM »
and just thinking all begun with a pair of lum slips... xD
Follow your dreams...

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2009, 03:35:53 PM »
Not complaining, but yeah, this thread has taken some interesting turns.  ;D  That's the way some threads go sometimes. If the course of the thread had turned truly offensive I'm sure one of the mods would've taken action.
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2009, 07:03:41 PM »
Yeah, the only problem with those love dolls is that they're reminiscent of a corpse. But I'm sure you've all seen the humanoid robots they've built. I bet it won't be too long before they can make a love doll that can move. From there, AI is inevitable. Then we can have real androids, and anatomically correct too. Take my word for it, if there's anything that pushes technological progress at the same level that war does, it's the sex industry. If it weren't for lonely perverted nerds coming up with ways to get off without involving real girls, I don't think this world would be quite as much fun as it is.

Plus it would be a lot more profitable for the inventor if the first android is built as a sex doll than it would be if it was built for anything else.
Excuse me, have you seen my mind? I seem to have misplaced it...

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2009, 11:48:09 PM »
Unfortunently I have to agree with you. xD

Am I the only person who thinks today's society is too sex-driven?
All the commercials seem to have either a near-naked young woman or a shirtless guy (when it's women products usually), even coomercials for stuff totally irrelevant to it. I understant it's to captivate the audience, it's publicity after all, but honestly I don't think it even works. I mean, you get so distracted watching the girl/guy, you forget the product. xD
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2009, 12:29:28 AM »
Yes it's true. Sex is a best-seller. I don't think that sex-related jobs are a bad thing. It's just a way to get money and it's totally fine IF and only IF it doesn't harm anyone like making someone do what she/he doesn't want to. Lots of people face prostitution as a bad thing, well I think of prostitution as a job just like every legal job as long as the prostitutes are treated well and with dignity and like no violence and all that. Maybe I'm too liberal and stuff but like... I don't know. It's just my opinion. I can always be wrong you know?

Also, I don't think this conversation isn't being offensive, unless someone is feeling attacked or something and I can only speak for myself and I don't feel like that.

About the ads... Well I saw this show on TV a while ago and it said that when you watch commercials, for example a beer ad that basically is a beach-blonde hair playboy girl bringing a beer to a random man, well you don't associate the beer to feeling good or to be good, or to be cheap or something like that. Our brain "assume" that if you buy that bear, that beach-blonde hair chick will actually "come" with the beer. And this is quite weird because when I buy something, whether it's a drink or any other kind of product, I don't really think that what I saw on the commercial will actually happen. It's the subconscious that thinks of it and makes us buy things.

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2009, 04:59:44 AM »
I don't feel like explaining advertising psychology 101, so I think I'm just going to keep quiet on this one. :)

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2009, 12:52:02 AM »
I don't feel like explaining advertising psychology 101, so I think I'm just going to keep quiet on this one. :)

I did the same... ;D

Cata the beer ad example you gave was probably for summer it's not that they're selling the girl or something... its that its just that girls in bikini are easily seen in the beaches during summer time... and its appealing for the male consumer... or lesbian... XD

Check some Foster's beer ads... You'll see its all about the sloggan the company uses... for the ads...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 01:06:30 AM by FallinG_StaR »
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #98 on: March 25, 2009, 02:24:25 PM »
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 02:26:32 PM by cata »

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #99 on: March 25, 2009, 03:20:48 PM »
Tomato; Vomiting; B~tch looks like a Parakeet.

I love word association games. :)

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2009, 01:51:46 AM »
Well... WTF?!

Sex and Mind control?

I wonder if Toys R Us does that... XD