Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:52:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 27
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

Author Topic: Mr. Mary Sue  (Read 11521 times)

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
Re: Mr. Mary Sue
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 08:39:04 PM »
It's like our deathmatch battle, you could say we're all Mary Sues there. xD
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 08:55:50 PM »
lol, yeah but if EVERYONE is a Mary Sue then that's the same as having no Mary Sues at all, they're still equal.

He's all about power, his character just can't be affected by anything.

I'm all about strategy, if nothing works on him we'll find a way to MAKE it work. That's why I'm breaking down his strength and weakening him.

Of course I don't expect to defeat him by the time the 6th battle ends, that's why I prepared a little something special for him. My motto is "He who wins is not the one who defeats the other... but the one who accomplishes his objective" and MY objective is stalling him so we can bring in as many help as possible from the overall RP.

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 01:46:32 AM »

And here I was thinking you were playing a video game... XD

Man, if its a forum based RPG... with several people thats must be stressing and confusing... XD

"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2008, 02:45:51 AM »
confusing no, but it can be stressing. Currently the others are taking a break while I go one on one with the sue.

Currently I'm waiting for him to reply (he posts about once a day....)

Edit: Update, he finally posted and here's his defense:

(If you could simply 'lock' his mind, this would be no 'final battle' at all. This would be toying with your enemy, then killing him. If Vitos' mind coud simply have been locked like you say he is, he WOULDN'T BE HERE, and this entire story would NEVER have happened. There is a reason the gods went to such extremes as to seal him in that sword, and that is simply because NOTHING else worked.)

my response:

(If you're saying that Vitos is strong enough to resist it then let's just end the RP here cause otherwise your character is too powerful to fight. You wanna know WHY your gods wouldn't use the technique that Zaldelios is using? Because as long as Zaldelios is holding Vitos, he can't move his position otherwise he'd lose the connection. Meaning one of your gods would have to spend his eternal life trying to keep Vitos locked (assuming any of your made up gods CAN use psychic abilities, and since you DID make them up we can assume they do) and eventually the god would run out of energy and Vitos would be freed again which is a PERFECTLY GOOD REASON why they wouldn't do it... under the assumption that they could)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 03:34:09 AM by UruseiNeo »

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2008, 04:37:10 AM »
LoL

You should add Forgotten_Lum (Deathmatch 1 & 2 version) to that... he's the God of Memory... with very powerful mind control and psychic powers... if you read the DM topic you'll see that we have our own Mary Sues... Like Kroptik said... XD
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 04:45:02 AM by FallinG_StaR »
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2008, 04:40:35 AM »
what exactly do you mean by adding Forgotten_Lum?

Adding him to what?

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2008, 04:46:01 AM »
Add him... to your fictional RPG... LoL

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2008, 04:51:40 AM »
on one hand, I don't think he'd want to cause it'd be totally random to him and he doesn't really know what's going on.

on the other hand, it'd catch Nitro by surprise and that's always fun.

Like I said before, after I'm doing fighting him with my OC, we're going to bring in a bunch of other characters such as an army of dragons, the Urusian army ( XD ), two characters that were mains in this RP but had to catch up, one of 6 Noble Elder Alchemists, and finally 2 main characters from the PREVIOUS RPG (as in the one we're doing now is RP 2).

Then we're gonna unleash hell on Nitro

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2008, 06:25:25 AM »
Can't you call Chuck Norris and have him give the mary sue a kick in the *sensitive parts*?
No matter how big a mary sue, if it's a guy, a kick there from Chuck Norris will always kill. xD

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2008, 06:35:14 AM »
well we can't just kick him there and be done with it.

No, I'm gonna kick his ass properly. (Lol, this guy brings out the worst in me XD)

Kicking him is not the way to go. This RP is like DBZ level fighting (really really powerful fighters) and it'd be anticlimactic your way.

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2008, 12:06:08 PM »
I'm not a Mary Sue in NB. x) I have my weaknesses. Anyways... you must have a party like this to fight a Mary Sue: Ninja , Dark Magician, Light Magician, Archers, Warriors and a Cleric (or more).

If he doesn't watch Anime, "copy" Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden abilities and moves to make your ninjas and use Yu-Gi-Oh for the Dark and Light Magicians.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2008, 05:25:01 PM »
we can't just add new characters out of the blue. What we have is the following:

-8 Heroes (one for each element)
    Light (Mine)
    Shadow
    Fire
    Water
    Earth
    Wind (unfortunately Nitro uses this one. Ie he is RARELY used)
    Forest (Link ^_^)
    Spirit (Mine)

-Drake (my big OC) and 6 dragons

-Zantrax (yet another character Nitro uses and therefore uses rarely)

-Lamu (don't ask me how, we were bored waiting for something new to happen so I brought her
           in for a funny episode. She ended up sticking around...)

-Raku...  now he's ALSO a bad guy(used by diff RPer) and he's supposed to be stronger than Nitro.
            The reason why we don't use him as our go-to fighter against Nitro is cause Nitro refuses
            the fact that Raku is stronger.

-10 Termanian Alchemists:  I created these characters and there's one Alchemist for each element
                                     (periodic table). They were the "enemy at first but ends up joining the
                                     good guys" type. They can fuse together in different combinations and
                                     currently they are fused into 4 compounds.
     Nitrogen
     Hydrogen
     Oxygen
     Carbon
     Beryllium
     Phosphorus
     Fluoride
     Chloride
     Aluminum
     Sodium

-----------------------------
These are the characters, besides Nitro and Vitos, that are currently at the battlefield.

Then there are character's that haven't showed up yet.

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2008, 08:50:26 PM »
That's a LOT of people. o.o

It's not like it's possible to win a text-based fight, especially if none of the characters are computer controlled. You see how Goku in Dragonball would always pull some hidden power he never knew about before whenever he was in trouble? That's what always happens in those fights too. xD

If you don't believe me, check the beginning of the deathmatch, when we were fighting each other. We were always saying the dead ones were clones or illusions or whatever else we could think of. xD

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2008, 09:54:04 PM »
I already know that. This isn't the first time I've done this, I've been RPing for years.

Hey, let's place bets on what Nitro's gonna post with next lol

I have 10 virtual bucks that he's gonna start attacking the dragon that's "holding" Vitos XD

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2008, 11:13:37 PM »
I bet 10 virtual bucks is going to say dragons aren't real so you can't use them... XD