Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:58:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 23
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Author Topic: Mr. Mary Sue  (Read 11517 times)

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
Mr. Mary Sue
« on: November 07, 2008, 01:58:02 AM »
Everyone knows what a Mary Sue character is right? An RPG  character that is basically way too powerful and has next to no weaknesses.

Well right now I'm fighting with a guy who's using such a character and I was bored so I decided to talk about it here ^_^ :P

Anyways, this guy is soooooooo screwed in the head. I think he gets jealous of everything as in he HAS to have anything someone else in the RPG has. I brought in an army and he decided to shot them all dead before I could do anything with them. He cloned one of the other RPG characters and gave him MORE powers.

His sword can absorb any energy including LIFE. He's a freaking God Mod
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 02:33:08 AM by UruseiNeo »

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline DarkDevil

• Otaku
  • My dark heart belongs to Lum
Re: Mr. Mary Sue
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 02:07:46 AM »
What is a "Mary Sue"?
DarkDevil, king of the Demons.
Servent of Lum Invader.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 02:32:24 AM »
An RPG  character that is basically way too powerful and has next to no weaknesses.

Dunno why it's called that though

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 02:43:05 AM »
What RPG are you playing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 02:54:32 AM »
It's a zelda RPG. Currently, me and the others have managed to make it to the near end. This is supposedly one of the last battles we have to face.

Btw... the Mary sue user... he happens to be the one who controls all the bad guys so yeah... we're kinda pissed.

so his character is "Nitro" and guess what? his USER name is "Nitro the Omnipotent"! so that screams Mary Sue -_-'''

The rest of us play the 8 heroes and we use the transformation system and were fighting him with each hero at their highest transformed states. Then... Nitro pulled a transformation of his own (He never seems to admit to damage. He mostly dodges or repels all our attacks. If he were to get hurt, the he powers up instead and the attacks become neutralized)

I don't know who the hell "Vitos" is or where he came from but apparently "Vitos" is currently fused with Nitro now and he has attained some stupid super Light Element armor. ugh... There's only one way to deal with a Mary Sue character, and that's WITH a Mary Sue character

hehehe... }) }) }) B)

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 04:00:49 AM »
Fighting fire with fire... XD
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 04:17:05 AM »
exactly hehehe. A couple of years ago, I had a semi-sue (he had his weaknesses and I TRIED not to make him too sueish. He made appearance in this RP but I rarely used him for combat)

For this battle, I decided to unlock my OC's next to full potential so I could keep up with Nitro.

So... the other 8 heroes are sitting back to watch while my OC fights Nitro's. I've thought long and hard on this. My OC basically has 6 dragons and can fuse with each one individually for different battle armor. Thus, me and Nitro will have 6 battles, I am currently on the 2nd.

So Nitro keeps going after "the core" (if he destroys it we all die) and one of my dragons has psychic abilities so I have it "lock" Vitos' mind (the one that powers up Nitro) until he backs off the core and continues our fight.

So now we're in a debate on why what I did was impossible. He says that "if a single bieng tried to contain Vitos, he'd explode" which is complete bullcr**. He says that any energy sent at Nitro's armor (His armor IS Vitos, apparently) would be decomposed into basic energy and absorbed.

But a psychic wave is NOT energy!!!

he can be very frustrating. But I've got 2 major plans for him that he won't expect, hehehe

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 05:23:43 AM »
Well... Then I wish you good luck... XD

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 06:19:56 AM »
What's ridiculous though is that he made us fight the Metroid Prime, Sephiroth, the Winged Dragon of Ra and a bunch of other Final Fantasy/Metroid/Yu-Gi-Oh-/Mario creeps. It's come to the point where it isn't even a Zelda RP anymore -_-'''

And he's very anal about HOW we had to defeat those "Bosses"

Anyways, I have a definitive way of Dealing with him. I noticed that the only attacks he lets damage him is forest attacks so I'm saving my forest dragon for last :P. The other five are gonna be used to weaken 5 different areas: Attack Energy, Stamina Energy, Mental Energy, Health Energy, and Defense Energy.

That's the second way to deal with a Mary Sue, de-sue it hehehe...

Offtopic: I like telling my story, lol. You'd be surprised on how many people share my view on this

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 06:30:32 AM »
LoL... I just wish I had that game... XD

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 06:35:07 AM »
This is his point: "Simply put, Vitos's mind alone is very powerful. With his mind alone, he was able to temporarly override an extremely powerful seal that kept him from giving his power to Nitro, set by every god in existance a long time ago. Compared to that, his mind should be able to override your physic barrier."

My counter point is simply that it's not a barrier, at least not one made of energy. The psychic wave locks his mind therefore he cannot think and additionally he cannot access his powers.

This make sense?

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 09:38:44 AM »
To me that don't know the game... No... It doesn't make sense... XD

But I think I understand what you are trying to do...

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 03:33:12 PM »
To me that don't know the game... No... It doesn't make sense... XD

like I said, it's barely a Zelda RP anymore. You may as well call it a General RPG and Nitro keeps bringing in stuff from other games.

His weakness... he doesn't watch anime so that's how we counter, by bringing in stuff from anime he's never heard of hehehe... Ima gonna use the Lord of Nightmares (Slayers) to kill him lol

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 04:23:30 PM »
But do you play that in XBOX Live?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 06:28:34 PM »
XBOX? No, this is an online TEXT based RPG.

we do it on a forum (fanfiction)