Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:39:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 13
Total: 13

Author Topic: Lum Gets Grounded and Across The Stars completed  (Read 13733 times)

Offline crazyjw18

• Registered
Lum Gets Grounded and Across The Stars completed
« on: August 07, 2008, 11:51:39 PM »
After about half a year I've finally completed my continuation of Urusei Yatsura, and I wanted to share it here.  I'm hoping that it's ok for me to just link to these two stories, as they're rather long.   

The first story follows what happens after Lum finally stops zapping Ataru all the time:
 http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4118620/1/Lum_Gets_Grounded

And the direct sequel:
 http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4225567/1/Across_the_Stars

Offline gatulon

• Big Fan
Re: Lum Gets Grounded and Across The Stars completed
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 11:17:35 AM »
Well, you're right: in the reality if you get a zap you seriously risk a deep shock (I KNOW ABOUT IT !!!) but I think also that, without her zaps, Lum wouldn't be Lum.

In any way I've begun to read your tale, I'm so curious to know its evolution.

Offline Forgotten_Lum

• Casual Otaku
  • UY shall never be forgotten
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 04:15:10 PM »
i've been reading these fics since chapter 1 was released, its an amazing story and all uy fans must read
This is Jenga lol :)

Offline oni

• Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 11:31:01 PM »
The  story  is  very  good.  The  only  problem  i  had  with  it  is  that  ataru  quind  of  fealt  out  of  character in  a  realy  short  time   within  the  story.  But  over  all  its  realt  a  must  read. :)

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 05:58:35 AM »
Great you've finished Across the Stars. Can't wait to read it. ;D

I'll start as soon as I'm done reading the other fic. Myabe I'll re-read the first one again to get my facts clear. It was a great one anyway. _/-\o_
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline crazyjw18

• Registered
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 02:56:30 PM »
Thank you for the kind words everyone.  This was my first fanfiction attempt, and the besides that the only fiction story that I've ever finished.   I'm aware that it's a bit rough, and that Ataru does change into a different person rather quickly.  I tried to transition that change well, but it is still a rather jarring difference.  However, after watching the entire series, I was quite frustrated with how he rarely seemed to grow as a character once he was fleshed out.  A big theme of the first story is seeing exactly what would happen if Lum stopped zapping him, as that merely made him angry and changed nothing.  He's nothing if not stubborn.  But on the other hand the few times Lum's acted truly depressed, it's had a profoundly different effect upon him.

Anyways, this was a fun story to write, and if even a few people have enjoyed it as well, then I'm happy. 

Offline GiovaneDinamitardo

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 03:43:14 PM »
OMG, I think that I'm in fault to havn't red yet your tale: I'll do early (IF MY JUST-BORN-DAUGHTER WILL ALLOW ME !!!).

Anyway, don't worry about the rest: the trick to avoid the risk to go out of character is to MOVE the main character from the universe created by R.T. and to JOIN them into the one created by you.

Remember that UY is a LIVING WORLD and me, you and everybody has to keep it ALIVE !

Offline SandStorm

• Casual Otaku
    • Storm Resources Forum (your mobile edge)
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 01:14:24 AM »
been reading it, and so far, that FF have almost everything!
today i was very emotional, and well, sensed the characters experience... ;P
Follow your dreams...

Offline oni

• Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 03:51:48 AM »
I was  wandering  if  you  are  going  to  continue  the  story  ,or  are  you  going  to  star  something  new?

I  am  asking  because  i  realy  did  enjoy  reading  "lum  gets  grounded",  and  "across  the  stars".  so  i  would  like  to  know  if  you  are  going  to  keep  writing.

Offline crazyjw18

• Registered
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 06:21:58 AM »
Currently I'm not planning on continuing the story.  If the whim hits me down the road, I may try, but right now I'm attempting an original story that I've had drafts of bouncing around in my head for almost a decade now.

Thanks for the kind words and advice, everyone.

Offline Ataru+Lum

• Casual Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 12:20:26 PM »
I would rather see Ataru to be punished with electric zapping by Lum for a life.

Offline raikuni

• Casual Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 01:27:04 AM »
I would rather see Ataru to be punished with electric zapping by Lum for a life.

Decayed teeth, zapped for life... you really do hate Ataru, don't ya?

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 04:14:15 AM »
The Ghost of Fatty Lum?
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline foxhead556

• Huge Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 05:16:21 AM »
The Ghost of Fatty Lum?

Thats a horrible image i see in my head D:

Get Wild and Tough!

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 09:51:02 AM »
They were horrible images.

A couple years ago, a young anime fan with a fetish for drawing Lum as morbidly obese: "Fatty Lum" he called her. He posted links to his fanart here. He thought it fun and funny. He quickly found himself ostracized for his desecration of our much-loved icon.

A+L reminds me of that member, except he's desecrating Ataru instead of Lum.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 09:53:51 AM by veehive »
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 11:31:37 AM »
I don't think "Fat Lum" was meant to be ofensive. Some people like bones, others like meat. End of discussion. =)

Anyways, I think it's common sense that Ataru WILL be zapped for life. I mean c'mon: Ataru is being lazy drinking beer and watching TV. You think Lum wouldn't zap him? Or when he's walking on the street and analyzes a chick, you really thinkLum wouldn't zap him? Heck, even when they're having sex or sleeping together. xD
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 11:33:59 AM by cata »

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2011, 12:43:14 AM »
Hmm... wouldn't it be better for Ataru if Lum lost her powers after she loses her... virginity?

I'm sure I saw that somewhere...
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2011, 10:56:54 AM »
Man that's just weird. But then again... it's plausible. xD

I mean, look at Lum's parents and aunt. O.o

But on a personal matter... I don't think Lum is a virgin.

Offline Ataru+Lum

• Casual Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2011, 11:28:48 AM »

I don't hate Ataru.

But both Ataru and Lum enjoy BDSM - Lum implements tortment and Ataru enjoys torture.

Offline theclaw

• The protector.
  • Fan
  • Weird and weird.
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2011, 03:11:19 PM »
Well it's an "interesting" theory. Creepy but sure puts a whole different outlook on it.

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2011, 07:06:05 PM »
But both Ataru and Lum enjoy BDSM - Lum implements tortment and Ataru enjoys torture.

Somehow I find such notion hard to believe

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 01:08:18 PM »

I don't hate Ataru.

Seriously, what kind of Urusei Yatsura did you watch? A hentai one or did you just dropped the original and since you hated it so much you decided to change the story to your own pleasure and now you're here talking about what you saw in your imagination instead of what you saw on a TV/computer screen?

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
Time for a Lesson
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 07:01:14 PM »
Let me ask you a question, Ataru+Lum, and please answer with all your heart

How many episodes of Urusei Yatsura have you really seen?

It has come to my attention that you keep exploiting facts from the first episode of Urusei Yatsura as well as your own creativity but that you keep failing to make more references to the other elements found in Urusei Yatsura

Believe me when I tell you that I used to be like that back in 2006 considering that my knowledge of Urusei Yatsura was quite low, Ataru+Lum, but it was thanks to the help of all the Lumaholics (as well as Rumic World) that I became into the man that I am today

I am not against any kind of "Mature" Urusei Yatsura stories but I must say that I am against this weird idea of Lum and Ataru having weird fetishes

In fact, I am a believer of Lum and Ataru been a cute (and a little weird) couple that enjoy all the moments that they share together

Maybe the following pictures will help all of us appreciate the love between Lum and Ataru

Aye, maybe Lum zapped Ataru because of his infidelity but we should not ignore the fact that Ataru does care for Lum's feelings and that Lum (as well as Ataru) enjoy been together no matter what comes in their lives

Now, Ataru+Lum, I am afraid to tell you that the depiction that you have provided of Lum appears (at least to me) as one of an over-possesive as well as manipulative b1t@h and we all know what happens when Lum gets angry

Another subject that comes to my attention, Ataru+Lum, is the fact that you keep posting pictures of Ataru with bad teeth

I do not what alternative universe spawned such bizarre creature but the Ataru we all know does not have bad teeth

In fact, Ataru+Lum, I am quite sure that Ataru's teeth look quite clean

Anyways, I hope we learned a lesson here, Lumaholics

Offline raikuni

• Casual Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 09:15:27 PM »

Pay back time...!!

Just joking... ;)

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2011, 05:48:40 AM »
Hmm... In a way... I can see why someone would see Lum and Ataru as S & M...

Well Lum does electrocute him no matter if she's mad at him or showing her love for him... there's also the food... she knows (from several episodes) that Oni cooking is "bad" for humans... but even so she keeps making Atatu eat it...

Now Ataru sure is M... he likes getting slapped, kicked and hit by blunt objects (by girls) and still after that he always (almost) has a stupid grin on his face... Pleasure? Maybe... we probably will never know. But that he sure likes it... for the amount of times it happens to him... it looks like he does... ;D
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2011, 06:05:58 AM »
You are right in such statements, Sensei, but it appears to me that such statements are really the result of mere coincidences rather than a real BSDM relationship

Anyways, I would like to see some evidence of Lum and Ataru mutually enjoying been part of a BSDM relationship (I don't want any images done with Photoshop or some weird pictures done by fans) in order to prove, once and for all, if our 2 protagonists are sharing a bizarre bond of love
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 06:16:57 AM by Cosmic King »

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2011, 06:20:58 AM »
Yes... they are coincidences. I'm not saying anything that supports that they are in a BDSM (had to google it) :(  ;D relationship.

But maybe for people with a BDSM background... it may look like it... that's what my previous post is about.

But I do say that Ataru is a little bit of M... that you got to agree... ;D

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2011, 11:06:32 AM »
I think both of them are into BDSM BUT NOT IN A SEXUAL WAY. ;)

Offline Ataru+Lum

• Casual Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2011, 05:51:00 PM »
Let me ask you a question, Ataru+Lum, and please answer with all your heart

How many episodes of Urusei Yatsura have you really seen?

It has come to my attention that you keep exploiting facts from the first episode of Urusei Yatsura as well as your own creativity but that you keep failing to make more references to the other elements found in Urusei Yatsura

Believe me when I tell you that I used to be like that back in 2006 considering that my knowledge of Urusei Yatsura was quite low, Ataru+Lum, but it was thanks to the help of all the Lumaholics (as well as Rumic World) that I became into the man that I am today

I am not against any kind of "Mature" Urusei Yatsura stories but I must say that I am against this weird idea of Lum and Ataru having weird fetishes

In fact, I am a believer of Lum and Ataru been a cute (and a little weird) couple that enjoy all the moments that they share together

Maybe the following pictures will help all of us appreciate the love between Lum and Ataru

Aye, maybe Lum zapped Ataru because of his infidelity but we should not ignore the fact that Ataru does care for Lum's feelings and that Lum (as well as Ataru) enjoy been together no matter what comes in their lives

Now, Ataru+Lum, I am afraid to tell you that the depiction that you have provided of Lum appears (at least to me) as one of an over-possesive as well as manipulative b1t@h and we all know what happens when Lum gets angry

Another subject that comes to my attention, Ataru+Lum, is the fact that you keep posting pictures of Ataru with bad teeth

I do not what alternative universe spawned such bizarre creature but the Ataru we all know does not have bad teeth

In fact, Ataru+Lum, I am quite sure that Ataru's teeth look quite clean

Anyways, I hope we learned a lesson here, Lumaholics

You cannot be serious!

Just for fun.

I know Ataru wanted to go with Shinobu initially. Even though first time meet Lum, he was attracted by her sexy appearance because of his flirty personality. But Lum is powerful and Ataru had no way to escape her.

(Ruimiko change her script because much more reader wants Lum to return)

Lum is perfect, beautiful and sex, but violent and bad cooking skill for Earthman. She always zaps Ataru with high-voltage electricity when she sees Ataru tries to data with another girls, including Shinobu, his childhood girlfriend.  (As a looser of tag game, she must leave the Earth with gentlemanship. But she haunted Ataru and deprived Him of his human right of hunting girls. So, as a viewpoint of Shinobu or any Ataru chaser if possible, she is shameful. As Atatu (initial time), even thought Lum is attractive, but Human is Human, Oni is Oni. Ataru didn't want this relationship initially. However, Lum can fly and zap so Ataru was hopeless. Even thought the World military could not help him. Unfortunately, much more male liked Lum and objected to him for most instances.

Time passed, Ataru found that Lum was not an evil oni. Remember one chapter, Lum brought Ataru to next ten years, would find that Ataru's son is not hers because of lack of horns. but she don't kill his son.

Later chapters, Lum helped Ataru to solve many problems and keeps his dignity on his classmates. 

Gradually, Ataru accepted Lum was his girlfriend but he still showed cool on Lum, also he continued to do flirt with other girls else.

Many fans concluded that Ataru does flirt but shows cool on Lum because he wants to hidden his love for Lum. I have another opinion, he loves Lum but also love any beautiful girls. His flirt is his instinct and no one can change him. Don't remember that one chapter Lum returned to ten years ago and wanted to modify young Ataru's flirt on girls by zapping doll. finally she surrendered and think that it is a fate that no one can change Ataru's flirt.

Offline raikuni

• Casual Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2011, 12:48:16 AM »
Lum brought Ataru to next ten years, would find that Ataru's son is not hers because of lack of horns. but she don't kill his son.

KILLING A CHILD??!! Even if someone injected 30 gallons of pure evil into Lum, she would NEVER kill a child!

Offline Ataru+Lum

• Casual Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2011, 04:56:06 AM »
 One thing is the fact : Although Lum is furious of Ataru's flirt, she is lucky that Ataru is flirt.

If Ataru were not flirt and dedicates his love on Shinobu, Lum has no way to conquer Ataru. Even though Lum is powerful on flying and zapping and Ataru has not any struggle ability. I believe that Ataru are willing sacrify his life to protect his love for Shinobu. Finally Lum would know that Ataru does not love her and she would automatically withdraw from this triangular relationship.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 12:24:26 PM by Ataru+Lum »

Offline raikuni

• Casual Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2011, 10:15:38 AM »
If Ataru were not flirt and dedicates his love on Shinobu, Lum has no way to conquer Ataru.
Mh, I can't believe I'm saying this but... you've got a point here.

Offline yuanyelss

• Registered
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2011, 10:23:24 AM »
This story is very good. The only problem I have with it is ataru quind the fealt the character of a story within a very short time. However, in all its realt a must read...