Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:14:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 23
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19
Total: 19

Author Topic: What about shinobu?  (Read 13558 times)

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
Re: What about shinobu?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 02:45:56 PM »
I think Inaba and Shinobu have chemistry but I admit that when I didn't know of Inaba, I had always pictured Mendo and Shinobu as a nice couple.

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 03:55:52 PM »
I think Inaba and Shinobu have chemistry but I admit that when I didn't know of Inaba, I had always pictured Mendo and Shinobu as a nice couple.

I think Shinobu only saw in Mendou what all other girls saw: looks and money. But once she got to know him, she knew he was a no-go. xD
Also, I don't the idea from Shinobu that she wants to be a rich ojou-sama. :O
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2010, 02:55:40 PM »
Shinobu isn't the kind of girl that cares about money.

Offline Diko

• Chibi
  • Don't you know, know, know, it's love <3
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2010, 10:47:27 AM »
It was simply far too late for Shinobu to fall for a character she and the audience knew so little about.

This is what really irks me, because I really would have wished Takahashi put him in *much* earlier in the series instead of just throwing him in at the end like a quick-fix instant solution for her. He could have developed a REAL character and experienced all the mishaps and maybe could have even gone to school like Lum/Ran started doing. Also, I don't know why Takahashi made him a wimp to contrast the aggressive Shinobu, I'm all totally for him for being soft-spoken, polite, and genuine, but I was upset he was this spineless doormat all the (very little) we saw of him. If you haven't read the "Love and Valor of the flower petal" story arc from the manga that goes more into detail about them "officially" getting together.

It doesn't feel official, even though it's obvious from the manga they get together, because in reality, how's he going to support Shinobu? The imaginary money he gets from the Destiny Bureau? How's she going to introduce him to her parents, some otherwordly boy in a rabbit suit? Even Shingo got to sort of change character when he was a ninja for Shutaro...

I'd never admit this on RW's board (I'm holding you to this, veehive lol) , but after a while, the bunny suit has GOT to go...I think he's one of the handsomer characters and he's always hidden under that silly suit. It's things like these that have to make my imagination go into fangirl overdrive for lack of a better ending for this couple...

Lastly, I can't see Shinobu w/ Mendo, for some reason I don't see her as the type that would want to marry into money or wanting to live the high life...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 10:55:16 AM by Diko »

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 01:17:44 PM »
I'd never admit this on RW's board (I'm holding you to this, veehive lol)...

[THE DEVIL]Not to worry ... your secret is ... safe ... with me. We can discuss payment arrangements later .... [/THE DEVIL] :o

Lastly, I can't see Shinobu w/ Mendo, for some reason I don't see her as the type that would want to marry into money or wanting to live the high life...

She certainly fantasized about it in a few episodes (including one complete episode where she played out a murder-mystery). By the end of the series she had worked it out of her system (was Mendou her rebound guy?) so the stage was set for someone less monied.
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline Diko

• Chibi
  • Don't you know, know, know, it's love <3
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 03:47:00 AM »
Thanks veehive! You'll be my go-to guy if I ever need to sell my soul for anything...  ;D

I think I also remember a scene from UY4 where she was fantasizing about riding around as a rich lady/walking around in rich garb w/ Mendo, can't remember too well right now. And the scene where they're about to kiss and he goes running off, thinking about Lum. I had always thought she was clinging onto him for so long because there was no one else that was half decent. I know she's not as peppery a person as Lum, but whenever she was w/ Mendo, she didn't seem "alive" either, she didn't seem to feel or act any different way when it was the usual foursome.

I also wondered if Inaba was fat or a chunkster or something b/c in the Raging Sherbet anime, he says he feels uncomfortable w/out wearing it. I couldn't think of any other reason why he'd think that unless he didn't like the way he looked; or maybe he wasn't used to Earth clothes  :???

Offline foxhead556

• Huge Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 05:12:26 AM »
I would have to say Inaba for this one. Since Shinobu likes him and he likes her its a win win. Also he seems to be the only young adult around that doesn't go nuts for Lum.

Get Wild and Tough!

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010, 03:27:44 AM »
he seems to be the only young adult around that doesn't go nuts for Lum.

*poink!* THAT'S RIGHT! I hadn't realized that! Great catch, foxhead556!
So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline Cosmic King

• Global Moderator
  • Keeper of the UY Flame
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2010, 03:44:55 AM »
I would have to say Inaba for this one. Since Shinobu likes him and he likes her its a win win. Also he seems to be the only young adult around that doesn't go nuts for Lum.

Maybe he is not crazy for Lum after watching all those alternate dimensions

Shinobu and Inaba are a nice couple

Offline Superchick24

• Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2010, 06:00:12 PM »
In the beginning of the show i felt kind of bad for Shinobu. The way she got jilted. I just felt like she really would have married Ataru if nothing would have happened..but then I realized afterward how flirtatious Ataru was. Lum is what Ataru needed in my opinion to keep him in somewhat a straight line. But I felt bad because I saw Shinobu alone. Then I saw the OVA with Inaba and I felt happy for her. I knew she liked Mendou but he never really shows interest in her that much in my opinion so I would say im 100% for Inaba and Shinobu. Im glad they kind of made a way for her to regain love. :]
~Lost In My Daydreams~

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2010, 04:10:23 AM »
I always had the small impression that Shinobu appearence was to plain to be one of the main characters... and that Takahashi wasn't planing to give that much thought about her love life or any other parts of her life.
It seems to me that Shinobu ending up with Inaba was Takahashi way to please some of the fans... and nothing more.

It almost gives it a proverbial feeling... to the entire love life of Shinobu.
It seems that after all of her bad experiences with men, that Shinobu had finally found what she'd been looking for.
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2010, 12:49:43 AM »
I honestly think that Shinobu liked Ataru.

When Mendo appeared in the series, she saw another Ataru but a better one and by "better" I mean richer and way more handsome. We all have those phases where we just go for the looks and bonuses and forget about brains and personality.

Later, she realized it was a big waste of time to be with Mendo or Ataru so that's the reason why "MEN BE DAMNED!!!!". Also, that may have helped out her relationship with Ryuunosuke. I know, I know. No big deal happened (I think LOL) but there was definetely chemistry between them.

So at this point, you would think: "she just gave up on men". That was until she found Inaba.

Diko, you said you tought he was too much of a "weak sauce"? Well, that's the perfect guy for Shinobu. Inaba is EVERYTHING that Shinobu never had. Someone truly caring and devoted. Only to her.

The question about the bunny suit is silly. Way "sillier" than the suit, itself. I mean, really? The reason for the suit is his weight? You have to be kidding here. Honestly, it might be because it's the uniform for his job and since he likes his job so much, he likes to wear the bunny suit. It may also may be the same suit he met Shinobu in for the first time. Special stuff, you know?

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2010, 02:20:18 AM »
Hey... maybe he wears a bunny suit because he's like everyone else... always (not always) uses the same clothes the entire series... ;D
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2010, 02:23:52 PM »
That's not accurate, Falling. I believe most of the cast have used many sets of outfits. But I do get what you're saying. ;)

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2010, 05:10:33 PM »
The suit is his work uniform. He derives a sense of importance from his work (a sense of importance that he lacks otherwise). Thus, he's more comfortable (for now) wearing it.

NSFW:
Spoiler (hover to show)

(THAT .. is sooo disgusting! What happened to me? I used to be such a nice boy .... ;D)

So Old, I'm Young Again!