Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:13:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 30
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19
Total: 19

Author Topic: Hi, I'm Ataru Moroboshi. Number-One Japanese boy. Please Date me!  (Read 14743 times)

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
Re: Hi, I'm Ataru Moroboshi. Number-One Japanese boy. Please Date me!
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 04:51:38 AM »
That is... until you have bills to pay... XD
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 05:03:46 AM »
Living in the moment and not having to worry about the future is a wonderful way to live.

That's how I live ^_^ but I have a different interpretation of "living the moment" as in I don't go to the extreme as Ataru does.

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2008, 06:55:24 AM »
That is... until you have bills to pay... XD

Not necessarily. Get a job you enjoy, or work for yourself. Play the game, but do it by your own rules.

That's how I live ^_^ but I have a different interpretation of "living the moment" as in I don't go to the extreme as Ataru does.

Isn't there some anime/manga law you can refer to about that?
Excuse me, have you seen my mind? I seem to have misplaced it...

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2008, 07:04:31 AM »
hmm? about living the moment? I don't think so... why?

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2008, 09:58:23 AM »
No, about going to extremes. Obviously someone wouldn't be able to get away with it in reality without being put in prison for a few years (or a few decades) and becoming a registered sex offender, but Ataru all but rapes random women on a day-to-day basis.

At least in the anime. In the manga, it he mostly sticks to his regular women, at least after he seems to start accepting Lum's love for him.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 10:00:02 AM by sidzero »

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2008, 04:42:26 PM »
No, at this moment, I cannot think of an anime law to go with it

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2008, 10:16:18 PM »
Well... I live everyday as the last day. That's why I don't study. I write in a piece of paper what I think it's essential for the exams and put it in my pocket. If I need some "help" I have these "memory helpers" to make me remind of what is the answer to some questions. It doesn't work as I want to but it's always better than to get a 1 out of 20 in every class but English (my lowest grade was 16 and my highest grade was 19) and GYM (I have 10 because I'm too lazy too play sports that aren't soccer, basketball, handball or badmington) xD

I guess these are why I would LOVE to be an anime character! I would never get stuck on a class even if I had 0 in every exams and written tests.

Anyways, Ataru was already a pervert before he met Lum. I think he just didn't know what love was before falling in love with her. When he fell in love with Lum, he didn't change "that" much because freedom is sacred. He doesn't want to be stuck to a person that young. He's only 17 for UY's sake! It's more or less like if you had to MARRY the first crush of your life. I understand him but I don't think I would the things that he did (to Lum and to other girls) even if I could.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 10:22:13 PM by cata »

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2008, 10:48:09 PM »
Just because you use an uncommon means of studying, doesn't mean you're not studying in your own way, cata. ;)

I disagree that he was a pervert before Lum. What evidence is there? Yes, he was attracted to women, obviously, but a pervert? No. When Lum went back in time, he latched onto women, but what do you expect from a lonely and abused child whose parents don't love him? By the time his friendship with Shinobu evolved into a relationship he had calmed down. Yes, he still looked at other women, but what hormone-charged teenage boy doesn't? He didn't really start harassing women the way he did until Shinobu dropped him for her fixation on Mendo.

Also, 17 is a far cry from the "first crush of your life". I think I had my first crush around 10 years old. By the time I was 17, I was nearly a year into my relationship with who would later become my first ex-fiance. In Ataru's case, I think it has more to do with the fact that he feels boxed into a relationship that, not only is he not ready for, but he didn't want to begin with. He was in love with Shinobu when Lum forced herself into his life, and while he was physically attracted to Lum, he didn't like her at all. Try putting yourself in his shoes and imagine how he must have felt.

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2008, 10:55:58 PM »
Ataru in love with Shinobu? I don't believe that. Anyways, I meant crush as first love. Sorry, my bad. Ataru still harassed girls when he was with Shinobu. In the first episodes where he rejected 100% Lum's presence, he "believed" that he was with Shinobu and he still harassed Sakura, for instance.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2008, 10:58:37 PM »
He grabbed Shinobu's butt, that's perverted.

He stole Lum's bra, that's... actually that's kinda desperate lol

Shinobu: "Don't you understand that your over-sexed nature... ... is the cause of all the problems?"

Offline cata

• Otaku
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2008, 11:01:05 PM »
If doing the same thing that Ataru did (stealing someone's bra or whatever) was the only way of saving the Earth or something serious to me I'm sure I would do it. I mean... it was for a good reason. ;)

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2008, 11:21:35 PM »
If Ataru wasn't in love Shinobu, do you really think he would have gotten so excited by the idea of marrying her? Or why he would have pursued her so diligently, ignoring many other girls, until he realized she had given up on him?

As far as the thing with Sakura, he met her when he was trying to run away from his life, EVERYTHING in his life, including Shinobu. Wouldn't you be mad, even if it's with someone you love, if she had "left you to the dogs" as it were because you have a stalker that you have no control over? I would.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2008, 11:38:22 PM »
Why are we arguing about this? Urusei Yatsura was underdeveloped at this point of time, we can't really take parts at the beginning too seriously.

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2008, 12:15:58 AM »
Why not? What else are we going to talk about? The weather?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2008, 01:17:34 AM »
How about... uhh... the topic? As in Ataru overall, not just the early parts of his story?