Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:16:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 24
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 16
Total: 16

Author Topic: Second storyline: "Dark Lines, double trouble"  (Read 25176 times)

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
    • The World of Urusei Yatsura's Lum
Second storyline: "Dark Lines, double trouble"
« on: October 23, 2004, 03:01:33 PM »
By Parias on Wednesday, December 15, 1999 - 10:56:
Ok so maybe the name wasn't exactly very inspiring, but it was the best I could come up with after 5 minutes of pondering *grin*

Anyways, to get us going, I'll be introducing a new character, Straint. He's an 18 year old geeky male, driving around in a Ferarri. His main interest is simply computers, and through his ingenious web page design and "mad programming skillz" has amassed himself a small fortune of money. I'm also going to put this a bit ahead of the normal UY timeline, say around 1996? Just to accomodate some of the technology I may toss into there (of course we could always use the Oni/Earth technology exchange that came as a result of Warren Hudson.. what a guy). Of course for a few various reasons the year won't have much impact on the way the rest of the characters react, as I haven't seen any of the "most recent" movies, and it'd just be difficult to incorporate. Of course if anybody has a problem, speak up and we'll find another way to work it out.

Alright, here we go!

(RP ON)
TIME: 2:46 PM
DATE: SEPTEMBER 17TH, 1996

A sleek red car was seen in the distance, coming in fast but at the speed limit. As it got closer, the driver could be seen, with long black hair, glasses, and a nice looking figure. In one hand, the driver was holding onto the wheel and keeping one eye on the road, with the other, he was looking into a book marked "Japanese Culture 101: How NOT to insult your host." The driver cussed.

"Geez, I KNEW that zoning out during those Japanese courses a few months ago would come back some day and kick me in the ass.."

"Ah quit complaining, you'll do fine, I'm sure of it. You pick up fast." replied the voice in his head.

Straint wasn't quite sure just where it had come from. One day he was simply sitting on his computer, down in New York, coding away, and catching glimpses of occasional anime videos that he was hooked on. The next, he suddenly found a voice inside of his head speaking to him. Every day after that was a constant struggle trying to figure out if he was just insane or blessed, but the voice had helped save his ass more than once, at least on a business level, and he hadn't ever felt more confident in his life.

"Well, I suppose.. all those sub-titled animes really did prove useful after all.. lets see if I can get myself organized here without making too much of an idiot of myself.. I always have wanted to come here."

"Like I said, I'm sure you'll do fine. Just quit worrying about it, if worst comes to worst, you can always flash em your good looks and walk away."

"Good looks? I don't know WHERE you got that one, I'm almost afraid they'll die laughing the second they step out of my car!"

"Well we won't know till we try will we?"

Straint simply sighed and drove on, entering the city of Tomobiki.

After pulling up in front of a small house near the school, with a sign that read (in Japanese, much to Straint's dismay) "Sold". Looking around cautiously, Straint turned off his car and slowly got out.

"Good, nobody around.."

"Quit worrying damnit! You're gonna have to interact with people sooner or later, and it may as well be now."

"Yea, sure.."

Grumbling, Straint picked up a large box from his car and groaned, then put the box back down.

"Damn movers make it look so easy..."

"Hate to say it, but I told you it wouldn't be a good idea to put your entire computer into one box..."

Straint once again wished the voice in his head would simply go away, and after taking a deep breath, barely managed to remove the box. He stumbled over to the front door of the house, and fumbling for his keys, managed to unlock the door and enter his house. He put the box down inside of the kitchen and walked back out to his car, which had attracted a bit of attention from a few various people. He ignored them and moved back to his car, grabbing his remaining cargo, which was thankfully smaller and lighter, and moved it back to the house. In the distance, the clanging of a school bell was heard.

"Oh great. Now the place will be swarming with kids." Straint thought.

"Straint!" yelled the voice in his head. "Show some damn compassion, what the hell's up with you? You're usually a lot better than this."

"Just tired as hell... again. Yea yea, I know, get to bed sooner.. tell that to my boss. Maybe this guy will be a bit lighter on me.."

As Straint was grabbing the last of the boxes, Ataru and Lum were on their way home. They stopped a moment to stare at the newcomer.

"Oooh, what a fancy car! I'm sure I could get lots of girls with that.." Ataru grinned.

Lum overheard. "Darling!!! Come on, quit staring it's rude! If you want something from him, why don't you go over and say hello or something?"

"What? He's rich obviously, why would he care about me?"

Straint, who had never been to Tomobiki before, nor heard of anything about it, stood up and gawked.

"I see a boy walking with a girl. I see a BEAUTIFUL girl. I see a beatiful FLOATING girl. Uh..."

The 2 stopped arguing with each other when they heard a crash. Looking over, they saw that Straint had dropped the box, and was now looking at his feet cussing loudly.

"DAMMIT!! I had my only copy of Quake in there!! ARGH!!"

"Hey you're the one who was staring, not me. Maybe you should scoop your jaw off the floor, grab your stuff, and go inside. People are staring."

"You don't seem to notice that there's a FLYING girl."

"I do, I just don't see any reason to panick about it."

"Wha?"

"Just go inside."

Straint cussed again, noting that the voice in his head was right, people WERE staring at him. Confused as to why they weren't staring at the girl instead, he grabbed what remained of his software and went back into his house, closing the door with a slam.

Ataru and Lum looked at each other, confused. "What was he so mad about?" Lum asked.

Ataru shrugged. "Who knows? But I want a closer look at that car.."

Ataru gasped as Lum grabbed him by his neck and dragged him home, muttering about there being another time for such things.

Straint, while looking around the house and setting up his things, consulted the voice.

"Mind telling me what the hell that was all about?"

"What?"

"Hello Mcfly? There was a FLOATING GIRL! Right there, in front of my face!!"

"Yes..."

"I don't know what you're on, but I suggest you stop, crack kills."

"Alright, listen. Remember those odd reports over the net we've heard occasionally, about strange things going on in a city in Japan? Well, lets just say I think we should accept this as a given.."

"That doesn't make it any less wierd.. she had horns on her head too, which by some freak chance made her look MORE beautiful.. ugh.."

"Just get your stuff set up, your boss is expecting to hear from you on ICQ as soon as you're up and running."

"*sigh* I suppose you're right.. worrying about it won't solve much. Anyways, maybe it was just a figment of my imagination... that WAS my first drink of alchohol I've had in my life a few days ago, I guess even a little was too much."

Straint began unpacking his things, and noted how nice the house looked, despite it's relatively cheap price. About an hour later, when he finished unpacking everything, he pulled out a notepad and checked off "Reach city, move in", and scribbled at the bottom "Find girl."

"Straint!"

"What? I've gotta know.."

"You haven't even tried your Japanese yet, so you'll probably end up making an idiot out of yourself. Anyways, it looks like she was already engaged to someone.."

"Not surprising.. but why that guy? Maybe I still need to adapt to this culture, but he looked like a looser.."

Straint muttered to himself and set up his computer. He tapped his foot impatiently waiting for it to boot up.

"Geez, I get a big paycheck and thanks to Mr. Lets-take-your-money government I'm still stuck with this crappy P166.."

"Well, you're living in Japan remember? Get some good relations going, and maybe you could score yourself a top-o-the-line system.."

"Hmm, I knew this was a good idea. Thanks."

"No prob."

The system finished booting up, and Straint, as usual, found two thousand ICQ messages waiting for him, that looked like they came in the second he turned his computer off.

Straint went to work, answering all of his messages and checking his plethora of new email.

"Well I'm glad that they were right.. this new ISP is working just fine. Although I'd be REALLY interested to know how they managed to give me access to my old email account from here.. probably struck a deal with my old ISP or something.."

Straint yawned and looked behind him over at the clock sitting in the kitchen, then ended up falling out of his chair.

"Uh, assuming my reading of Japanese characters is correct, it is exactly 12:30 AM..."

"It's raining too."

"Ooh, fun. Puts me right to sleep... and the lightning is a nice touch.." Straint thought sarcastically as lightning struck a few meters from the house, startling him.

"Uh.."

"I think this is where you go to bed." the voice in his head said.

"Well, I am feeling pretty damn tired.. tomorrow I'll get in contact with the boss, tell him everything's ok, then get to work on my Japanese. Now where the hell was the bedroom again?"

"Second floor, end of the hall."

"If there's one thing you're useful for, it's an internal notepad.." Straint murmured as he tiredly walked up the stairs, turning off the lights.

Straint stood in his bedroom doorway, looked around, and cussed loudly.

"Uh, where the hell is the bed? I was never told I needed to bring one.."

"Um, I think there's a thing in the closet... I believe they call it a fupon?"

Straint muttered and opened the closet.

"Uh, nothing in here except an odd looking mat.."

"That's the fupon."

"What? But.."

"Get used to it."

"Geez, and I didn't even bring a pillow.." Straint muttered. His face brightened a bit when he found a pillow deeper in the closet. Cussing again, he dragged the fupon out onto the middle of the floor, and making himself as comfortable as possible (which wasn't much, considering his body, which was used to comfortable love-seats and water beds was being lain on hard ground for the first time in years) eventually nodded off to sleep.

Over the night, as Cherry, holding an umbrella, walked past Straint's house on his nightly jog, a flash of lightning, or what appeared to be lightning, impacted against the house. Normally Cherry wouldn't care much about that stuff, he'd generally mutter about divine intervention and go on his way, but there was something about it that made him looks closer.

"Something will change, soon." he muttered. His stomach growled, and bending to it's will, he walked on, the incident already being forgotten.

Straint awoke to a buzzing sound, and opened his eyes to his alarm clock which he had crudely placed on the floor before going to sleep. It read 7:30 AM. When he saw his hand, he thought it looked a bit slimmer and in better shape, but he simply put it to the fact that he was still half asleep. Still, he felt.. different somehow.

Groaning and muttering about not being able to get any sleep, he sat up... and blinked in shock as out of the corner of his eye, a strand of green hair came to rest on his shoulder.

Straint sat there a second, dumbfounded, then proceeded to slowly lift the covers off of the fupon, and saw to his shock, the naked form of a female body. His own.

Straint simply blinked, trying to take this in.

As people were walking past his house, getting on with their morning duties, a large ear-piercing scream was heard coming from it, which was then promptly cut off. One of the persons glanced at the house and muttered. "Oh great, not THIS house too!"

Straint held his mouth in shock, what had come out was NOT a male scream, it was instead something that would make an old man go deaf.

"Uh, ok.. this is just a dream...right.. lets get up.." Straint noticed to some small dismay that the voice in his head was silent. "Maybe she's still sleeping or something.." (s)he figured, wandering over to the closet to put something on. An assortment of female clothing tumbled out when he opened the door, and a small odd black device. Straint picked it up and examined it.

"Well, I always was fond of pushing buttons when I had no idea what they did.. of course that usually wasn't the best idea.. but, what the hell?" Straint pressed the black button with a click, and a small holographic display appeared above the device.

"Cool.." he said, lacking anything else to say. A figure appeared on the screen, in a brown suit with white hair and a mustache.

"Ah, greetings.. uhh.. Straint was it? Yes, greetings. I do believe you have many questions, and they will be answered in time, so do not worry. Oh and to put your mind at ease, no, this is certainly not a dream."

"Put my mind at ease?" Straint muttered. "More like dis-ease..this isn't gonna look good on my resume.."

"Now then. After spending a couple of months studying you, I have determined that you are the perfect candidate for our..ah.....task. Your mindset is just perfect, and your ability to adapt and cope with new situations is incredible, beyond anything we have ever seen. Which is the primary reason for us selecting you."

"We have prepared numerous documents for you..." As the man said this, a few various papers slid out of a slot on the device. Reading them over, Straint saw a card legalizing his use of fire-arms all over the planet, another one granting him passage anywhere, yet another one to a special bank account, and finally an ID card, which told him his new identity was "Cygni", and a few various other technical things, such as blood type, that he didn't really understand. The figure continued.

"As you may have seen, you will now be known as 'Cygni', nothing else. We have provided you with a bank account with a rather large amount of cash..." Reading over the card that told him of his account again, his eyes widened as he saw the amount... 8,000,000,000,000 Yen. "Now lets see.. Yen is the equivilent to Dollars... currency issues aside.. I think I've got a HELL of a lot of cash!" Straint grinned to himself.

"...and we have also provided you with numerous weaponry."

Straint dug into the closet, and found a holster with a 357 Desert Eagle, with a laser sight, on it, along with 3 various knives. Zipping open a bag, he dug out an FP 90 with 5 tubes, which were probably the ammunition, and a large sword. There were also some various clips for the Desert Eagle sitting around, but they were a bit smaller than Straint expected them to be.

"Now that we've gotten that out of the way, here's what your mission is. My group, which you will learn more about later, is a collection of the galaxy's best undercover top-secret agents in existence." Straint gawked. "The.... galaxy's?" he said, surprised. "Here's the situation. Our efforts against the Oni kingdom have been continuously undermined. We're trying everything possible to take it down so we can put our other plans into effect, but somehow we keep loosing our agents. So we have decided to turn to Plan B. You."

"Your mission is to take out a girl who goes by the simple name of 'Lum'. If she dies, the Oni kingdom will surely crumble, as Invader will be too shocked to carry on. It may seem a rather simple task, but there is a bit more to it than that."

"Invader has gotten word, somehow, of our efforts, and has dispatched a few various elite guardsman to protect her from harm. They'll be on the lookout for anything that attacks her, and once they spot trouble, they move with extremely swift efficiency to take them down. You'll have to be careful of them. Fortunately, with your new body, you also have a few various skills at your disposal. You may find yourself with the ability to defy gravity at will. You will also have the ability to charge and dis-charge immense blasts of lightning. Use these skills wisely, many died attempting to bring them to you."

Straint, who was having trouble following this, decided to try flying. Putting his mind at ease as he figured he should, he suddenly felt himself become wieghtless and was floating a few feet in the air.

"Wow.." he gasped.
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
Re: Second storyline: "Dark Lines, double trouble"
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 03:01:52 PM »
"I do of course fully realize that this will be extremely difficult for you to comprehend and cope with, but you will do a better job than anybody else, which is good, since we only have a month to complete this operation, or risk blowing our cover. For now, your current assignment is to simply mingle with the people and locate your target. Find her weak points, her attitude, and other things. I will contact you when the time is right, and give you further instructions. You will find details in your pack, along with various weaponry which I'm sure you've seen by now."

"Good luck Cygni, we have confidence in your abilities."

With that, the display fuzzed out. Straint, or rather, Cygni, stood there in shock.

"Uh..Oni Kingdom? Galaxy? Lots of money? Why do I get the feeling I just stumbled into an episode of 'Star wars'?"

An hour later, after Cygni had recovered, she was downstairs sitting at a table, clothed in a few of her old clothes that she was able to dig up. She reached into the bag she had brought down and dug out a few intel documents. Opening up the first one, she gasped in surprise at seeing a picture of the green-haired girl, marked as her primary target.

"I gotta take HER out? This had damn well better be a good reason.."

As the man had predicted, Cygni had adapted extremely quickly. She now felt stronger, more agile and witty than her previous form of Straint ever did, and had begun worrying about girl-ish things, like her looks or chipping a nail.

Digging into the bag more, she dug out some leather gloves, which seemed to be created just to fit her hands she noticed, putting them on.

After finishing up digging through the intel, which was littered with words like "Extremely dangerous" and "Proceed with caution", she went upstairs and took a good look at herself in the mirror in the bathroom.

She noted her main attributes were green hair, long slender legs and arms, and some odd horns that were sticking out of her head, similar to Lum's. She also noted that her ears had adopted an odd elfish-style look, but it didn't seem to look too bad, pretty good in-fact.

"Not too shabby!" said the voice in her head.

"It's about damn time, where the hell have you been?"

"Recovering.. I'm pretty much stuffed full of information about now, but there's a lot of it.. I'll let you know more when I have it figured out."

"Right... well, I guess I should head out then.."

"With your nipples sticking out like that?"

Cygni noticed to some dis-taste that the voice was speaking the truth, her nipples were sticking out from under her shirt. She finally found out for the first time why women wore bras...

Digging into the closet, she came out with a tiger-striped bikini. "Odd fashion.." she muttered. "It'll do."

A few minutes later, a green-haired figured stepped out of the house, sporting an "I love Computers" shirt and black pants. Deciding to walk, she took off down the sidewalk at a jog, with no real direction other than to map out the town, and practice her Japanese if possible. The school bell rang in the distance.

(RP OFF)
This should prove to be an interesting storyline.. *grin*

By the way, I'm not 100% sure just what a fupon is, aside from what I saw of it in the few episodes of UY that I've seen, so if I was off in my description, do me the honor of correcting me before I make an idiot out of myself >)

Also note that this may turn out to be one of the oddest storylines I've ever tried, so hopefully I don't end up offending anyone.. *grin*
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 03:02:06 PM »
By Jocko on Wednesday, December 15, 1999 - 20:25:
(NOT AN RPG POST)

Okay...should Hudson make an appearance? I should make some minor modifications to his history...born in 1924, elected in 1954 to fill out four years of an old guy's senate term then reelected to a full term in '58, and the Earth-Oni technology exchange should be in 1984. icon_smile.gif

Is the UY gang supposed to still be in high school or something? Or has time moved on for them too?
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 03:02:16 PM »
By Parias on Wednesday, December 15, 1999 - 22:46:
Ok first of all, I think I just found a good reason not to type fiction at 2 in the morning, it's futon not fupon.. *feels stupid*

Oh well you learn something new everyday >)

Anyways, now that I've had some time to think about it.. I think to keep it as easy for everyone as possible, we'll shift it back to 1986. I'd say it'd be fine for Hudson to make an appearance if you want him to, he's a good character, you do great with him. Lets just say that as a result of some technological trades, the human race advanced ahead a few years, meaning the computers of 1996 are now available in 1986. This'll be easier, since we don't have to take in account that the rest of the cast might be "more mature" and keep the old good humor going...

Sound good?
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2004, 03:02:25 PM »
By Bladeofkintaro (Bladeofkintaro) on Thursday, December 16, 1999 - 02:47:
All right time I think I'll make my own charactor although Kintaro will still make some apearances.
My charactor will be named Bakuto. He's an agent hired by the oni to protect Lum. His powers are to blend into into the background by shapeshifting and shinobu level streingth. And he has two darth maul type lightsabers. He tends to be overdramatic and has a crush on Lum but doesnt have the guts to say anything to her sorta like how Ryoga is with Akane.

RP on
Bakuto was hiding in a mail box outside Lums house. He began to talk to himself. "Hmmm another day in the box and nothing has happened. The feindish Ataru has yet again two timed the fair Lum! How could he!?!" Bakuto got carried away and both his arms and legs bursted out of the mailbox.
"Awww shit I did it again now how do I get my arms unstuck?" A mailbox could be scene wandering about town bumping into telephone poles and muttering about the feindish Ataru.
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2004, 03:02:39 PM »
By Jocko on Thursday, December 16, 1999 - 02:52:
Okay...Hudson deals with the aftermath of "Ginkobot's war," which includes rumors in the Republican White House that he will return to the states to run for Prez in 1988.

(RP ON)

Three figures sat on a large park bench in Tomobiki park, one was a rather tall, graying, stately man *looking* to be either in his late forties to early fifties. The second, a teenage girl with green hair, wearing a borrowed trenchcoat and jumpsuit. The third, another teenage girl, but wearing a 19th century Victorian-style green dress was looking at the man, who was looking to her, while both looked to girl with green hair.

Terra, looking out at the park as people milled about and went on with their daily lives, shrugged. "It's so different."

Warren Hudson smiled, "yes."

Ryouko Mendou nodded, "Certainly different than what you have known, Terra dear."

"What's that there?" she pointed to a red-haired girl selling ice cream from a stand.

"Oh...um, hehe" Warren laughed, "that there is...hehehe."

Ryouko smiled, "Terra, that's another one of Lum's friends, Ran-san. She's selling ice cream."

Terra nodded, she had already met the coolness of Oyuki and Benten in late August. She noticed a uniformed Lum and Ataru walking on the sidewalk, going to school. The duo waved to the trio on the park bench who waved back.

Warren glanced at Terra, who didn't attend school simply because she tested out of everything the Japanese school system could throw at her. But she was considering looking into a job in either health or education to put her knowledge to work, which pleased Hudson and Ryouko.

At that moment when Shutaro Mendou passed with his usual gang of female admirers following him, and Ryouko waving hello, something caught the younger Mendou's eye. For a second, she thought she was seeing either Lum or Terra.

"Oh my..." she gasped.

Hudson; concerned, "what's the matter?"

"It...*looks* like Terra," she nearly shouted.

Terra drew her attention to this lookalike girl walking on the sidewalk, and nearly screamed. "What the hell is that?!?"

Hudson glared, "I think we may have problems again. Don't make a scene, ladies." Warren signalled a Kuroko and pointed at the girl for Ryouko's servant to follow.

The Kuroko nodded and jumped into a tree above.

(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2004, 03:02:48 PM »
By Bladeofkintaro (Bladeofkintaro) on Thursday, December 16, 1999 - 03:50:
Oh I forgot when Bakuto came to earth he started reading Sailor Moon Manga and soon became obsessed. Now he sometimes confuses it with reality.
RP on
Bakuto finished getting out of the mailbox and saw what apeared to be Lum walking down the street. "Hmm thats funny. Not her usual style clothing. Oh well Lum san looks good in anything!" Bakuto shapeshifted so he was the same color as air making him invisible. Bakuto looked up to see a suspious dark figure in a tree. "I'll rescue you Lum san! Justice has no mercy for assasines! In the name of the moon I will punish you!"
Bakuto whiped out two double sided lightsabers and in less then a second he shredded the tree into woodchips. The Kuroko fell to the ground. Bakuto grabbed his wrists and shoved his knee ounto the screaming Kurokos back.
Then Bakuto saw Terra and said "Oh Lum san I'm glad your safe. This scum wont bother you anymore. say how did you change your cloths so fast?"
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2004, 03:03:06 PM »
By Parias on Thursday, December 16, 1999 - 04:07:
This could turn out to be very interesting.. so we're taking into account what happened in the last thread? Sounds great!

Also note that Straint/Cygni has absolutely NO knowledge of what has gone on in Tomobiki, so don't be surprised at some of his reactions.

(RP ON)
Cygni wandered around town, getting familiar with it (and cussing for forgetting to bring a map). Looking over her shoulder, she noticed 3 figures sitting on a bench, whom quickly looked in the other direction when they noticed her looking their way. Her eyes narrowed when she spotted Terra.

"I thought this Lum kid was in school or something?" Cygni asked the voice.

"She is. Maybe she's taking a break or something..."

"She's a lot older as well.. maybe it's just coincidence or something.."

"Sure, I'll bet the horns are as well. Quit staring, you're attracting attention."

"Hmmm.."

As Cygni walked on, she then noticed Lum and Ataru heading towards the school.

"There, that's her." said the voice.

"Oh great, now I've got 2 of the same girl to work out.. how the hell am I gonna tell the difference?"

She watched as Ataru stopped to flirt with a girl, only to take a lightning zap from Lum.

"Mmmkay... question answered."

Cygni began to notice that she was well versed in Japanese already, probably a result of her mysterious transformation. After concentrating a moment on any given sign, she was able to easily translate it to english.

"Convenient, at least I don't need to worry about looking like an idiot...huh?"

Coming up the road in front of her, Cygni saw the stormtroopers who were muttering about being late for school. They were moving at such an insane pace that the dust storm they left behind them was massive. They gasped and came up short when they spotted Cygni, who was walking away from the school.

Megane spoke up. "Hey Lum!! Why are you walking away from the school? You don't want to be late.."

Cygni blinked.

"Your looks remember? Don't just stand there looking stupid, say something!!" the voice in her head yelled.

"Uh, I forgot something at home.." she murmured.

"But your home is in the other direction!"

Cygni thought fast. "Well, I'm trying to avoid Ataru for a moment, since he seems to be acting kind of strange. Anyways I'd better hurry before I'm late, later!" Cygni took off down the sidewalk in a jog. The stormtroopers looked at her retreating form, stunned.

"What did Ataru do this time to get her so worried?"

"I bet it's all his fault again, as usual.. come on, lets go find out what's happening!"

They took off again towards the school, only to stop dead short when they spotted Lum hanging over Ataru's shoulder.

Gawking, they turned around to look at Cygni again. Megane saw out of the corner of his eye a green-haired girl sitting at a bench a small distance away.

"Hey look guys!"

The rest of them turned around. After spinning around in cirlces for a few minutes, looking at the 3 forms, whom they all thought were Lum, they passed out on the ground, dazed and confused.

Cygni slowed to a walk again a distance away. "Just who were those guys?" she asked herself.

"Probably some mad lovers of that Lum girl.. I'd suggest trying to steer clear of them for now."

"Right... so just how much do you know anyways? I'm still trying to get a grip on what the hell is going on!"

"Lets just say a lot. There's so much of it that it'd be nearly impossible to sort out, but it'll come out when you need it. Uh oh."

"What now? ..uh.."

Shutaro Mendou, who was also running late for school, ran up the street. He was so busy glancing at his wrist-watch and talking on his cell phone at the same time that he wasn't looking where he was going, and ran right into Cygni.

"Hey what's the big idea? Get the hell out of my way!" Cygni yelled, standing back up.

Mendou bowed respectfully. "Oh please forgive me Miss Lum, I was not looking where I was- ARGH!!" Glancing at his watch again, he took off at a rapid pace towards the school.

"What the hell? Why does everyone think I'm Lum?"

"Gee, maybe because you look exactly like her?" the voice responded sarcastically.

"Oh great, I'm gonna need to do something about this sometime.. oh well, it's about time I headed back, I think I've got this place mapped out pretty good. Lets try this flying thing again."

Clearing her mind and concentrating on the feeling of flight, Cygni lifted her feet off the ground and took off into the air, hovering a distance above the town.

"This is pretty good.. I think I'm gonna get some good use out of this.." Cygni floated back towards her home.

The 3-some was still sitting at the bench. Terra scowled.

"Why the hell is it that Lum can fly, and that.. that. GIRL.. can fly, but I can't?"

Hudson placed a hand on her shoulder. "Calm down my dear, I'm sure that there is a good reason.."

Terra simply scowled and sat back in her chair. Hudson, who was watching the stormtroopers recover, laughed.

"Something tells me that this is going to be a very interesting day.."

Cygni entered her house and went straight upstairs to the pack sitting in the closet. Kneeling, she removed the FN-P90 and the sword and took a closer examination of them.

Picking up one of the short black tubes, she carefully attached it to the top of the gun, and pulled a lever. The ammunition clicked into position.

"Damn, I never figured I'd get to see one of these..much less fire one."

"I hope you're not planning on shooting that thing off now.."

"Uh, I don't feel like having a bunch of cops swarm this place, thank you."

"Considering the things I've heard going on in this town, it'd take a nuclear blast to get their attention.."

"Yea well.."

She checked the safety on the gun and put it back in the bag, then picked up the sword.

"What the hell am I gonna need this for anyways?"

"Well there's probably some reason. You should consider going down to practice your skills sometime soon.."

"I think so, but for now I'll just leave it here. Now for this 357.. I've always wanted to check out one of these.."

Picking up the gun, she found it was quite a bit different from the ones she had seen. It was completely black, with a laser sight at the front of it under the barrel. She flicked a switch and watched as a small red beam emerged from it, illuminating the nearby wall.

Flicking the switch again, she turned it off and took a look at the ammo clips.

"Aha, I knew these were smaller than they should be..." Pressing a small button, the clip emerged to normal size. Pressing it again, it shrunk into itself.

"Interesting, looks like they made this for stealth."

Digging into the very back of the bag, she found something she never saw before, a small headset. Fitting it onto her head to try it on, she noticed a small panel emerge in front of her right eye, with the words "Establishing Communication Link.." on it.

"Uh, I hope I didn't just do something wrong.."

"Naw, just wait a second."

After a moment, the words turned green, and the figure in the brown suit appeared.

"Ah, Cygni, it would appear that you have settled in already. I knew you would catch on fast."

"Uh, yea.."

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it after awhile. So, what have you found out so far?"

"Well, it appears that there is, aside from Lum, another green-haired girl going around that looks like like her and me.. I didn't find out anything beyond that, just spent some time getting to know the town.. a lot of people seem to mistake me for Lum."

"Ah, we were expecting that, which is why we provided such similar looks. Occasionally it may be necessary to go under cover, so if it is needed, don't hesitate to take advantage of it."

"Uh, ok.."

"Unfortunately I have a lot of work in front of me... so I must go for now. Contact me if you have anything else."

"Wait, where are-"

The display flashed out. Cygni removed the headset and cussed. "Well, this just gets more interesting don't it?"

"You ain't seen the half of it yet sister."

"Care to clue me in?"

"Nope."

"Figures.." Cygni muttered as she went downstairs, grabbed a cup of coffee (which she had never drank before), sat down in front of her computer and, ignoring the thousands of messages waiting for her, simply went on to check the news.

Back in the school, as Lunch came, the stormtroopers and Mendou gathered together.

"We saw 3 Lums today! It was wierd!!"

"Really? I ran into her walking away from school, going nowhere it seemed.."

"But she's here in school!"

"I know.. something's up.."

Chibi grinned. "Hey, if there's 3 Lums, then there's one to each of us!! Maybe by some accident they all got cloned or something!"

The rest of the stormtroopers all cracked smiles at the same time.

"Hee hee, nobody can stop us now!! We'll find them, Ataru can keep his Lum if he wants, we get ours! After school we'll split up and hunt them down!" Megane laughed.

The rest nodded. "Right!"

(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2004, 03:03:18 PM »
By Bladeofkintaro (Bladeofkintaro) on Thursday, December 16, 1999 - 04:57:
Bakuto after being chewed out by Hudson and Ryoko for clobbering the koroko. Sat down to think. "Something strange is going on here. I knew I should of paid more attention to the information meetings on the situation here. I've got it! I'll bait the assasine!" Bakuto used his shape shifting powers to change into a copy of Lum!
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2004, 03:03:33 PM »
By Parias on Thursday, December 16, 1999 - 06:12:
(RP ON)
Cygni checked the time through a wrist-watch she had found in the bag. It read 4:35 PM. It was an interesting device, capable of tracking her location, no matter where she was, and showing a map, tracking time, keeping notes, and short range communication with devices such as remote bombs, or other devices it could be reconfigured for.

"I almost feel like James Bond.." she muttered, leaning back in her chair and falling over with a crash.

"#*%&(*! Who the hell made this weak piece of crap anyways?"

She got up and looked outside the window, where a few various kids were wandering around and the citizens were going about their daily lives.

"I think it's time you headed down to get some target practice.." said the voice in her head. "It'd be kinda stupid if you went to shoot at something only to find the gun flying out of your hands from the recoil."

"I suppose your right..."

Heading up into her room, she stripped down to her bikini and strapped the holster/belt onto her waist. She placed the Desert Eagle in the holster, and the ammunition for it in a pouch. She then grabbed the tubes for the FN-P90 and slid them into the small circles on the belt on the right side. Finally, she grabbed the FN-P90 itself and placed it on her back, where it clicked into place on the back of her bikini top.

"So that's what that little thing jutting out was for.."

"You're going out like this? It's kinda skimpy.."

Glancing out the window, Cygni spotted Lum floating down the road, chasing Ataru, wearing nothing more than a bikini as well.

"I stand corrected."

Grabbing a large knife with jagged edges, she slid it into place around her left hip, and stood up and looked in the mirror.

"Well, one thing is for sure, I won't have any unwanted attention.." Cygni smiled.

Pushing a few buttons on her watch, she located the Police Station in the city and plotted a route for it. A line went from her current location to the station, showing her where she needed to go. She stood up and walked out of the house.

The stormtroopers had split into 2 groups to search for the Lum-clones. Megane and Perm went in one direction, while Kukugari and Chibi went in another. Shutaro had returned to his mansion and had begun his own personal search for hints on just what was going on.

Terra had left Hudson and Ryouko to wander around town, just to sort her thoughts and see if she could spot the girl again. Stopping for a moment, she simply looked around at all the buildings, searching.

Cygni was approaching the police station, when she rounded a corner and ran into Megane and Perm, who squealed in joy.

"YES! We found her, she's ours now! Huh?"

Cygni, who had landed hard on the ground, was growling and reaching for the Desert Eagle. She pulled it out half way before the voice stopped her.

"What in HELL are you doing? They're just kids, you're getting way too uptight!"

"...sorry.. I guess I'm still trying to get used to this.. wasn't looking to have my thoughts jarred so quickly." She slid the gun back into place, but not before the duo saw it.

"OH MY GOD SHE'S GOT A GUN!!!" Screaming at the top of their lungs, they took off down the street, while the people around the area stared at Cygni, some in anger and others in fear.

"Shit.." she muttered.

Terra, who had heard the scream, came running around the corner and saw the girl standing up.

"So, we meet at last."

Cygni spun around, bringing her face to face with a spiteful Terra.

"She's not the target.. right?" Cygni consulted the voice.

"Nope, ignore her."

Cygni turned around to go, only to be stopped by Terra who reached over her shoulder and spun her around.

"Hold it. I want to know why you're here and what you're here for."

Cygni blinked.

"The hell if I know, I'm still trying to make some sense of my life! Now kindly let go before we get unpleasant."

"Believe me girl, getting unpleasant is my specialty. I want answers, NOW!"

Cygni, who's anger was getting very high, suddenly had an intense urge to injure Terra, very badly. When she moved her hand down to grab her gun, it discharged an immense amount of lightning into Terra's leg. She yelped and jumped back, giving Cygni time to take off and round the corner. She ducked into an alley, breathing hard.

"Just what the hell was that? And why did I have such a sudden urge to SHOOT her? Before this happened, I'd be lucky to even yell at someone."

"It's probably a result of your 'change'.. they probably jacked up your offensive moods, just to increase your effeciency in taking out your target."

"Christ, I'm gonna have to make more of an effort then.. Damn, I'd better go apologize, I hope she's alright."

Standing up, Cygni came back around the corner where Terra was, only to find her gone.

"Damn, where'd she go?"

A loud scream was heard behind her, and spinning around, she saw Terra jump from the roof of a building right at her, sword outstretched.

The voice spoke up. "DIVE! LEFT! NOW!"

Without even thinking, Cygni complied, and was greeted with a large rush of air as the sword impacted against the pavement where she was 2 seconds before. Terra yanked it out of the ground and turned towards her, growling.

"Wait.. I didn't mean.." Cygni held her hands up.

"DIE BITCH!!" She charged Cygni again. Cygni dove out of the way, then leaped up into the air, taking off above the cloud layer, leaving a very annoyed Terra below.

"Christ, she was pissed.."

"Maybe you shouldn't have tried to kill her."

"How the hell was I to know? I wasn't expecting to get so damn pissed off!"

"Oh well, you know better now.... maybe you should just sit up here awhile and wait for the commotion to die down."

"Maybe I will.."

Lying back on her bed of air, Cygni looked around and noted how peaceful it all was.

"Damn, I'm gonna have to come up here more often."

Cygni relaxed for a bit and reflected on what her upcoming mission was, wondering if all the 'evil' things the intel reports said Lum was were true.
(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2004, 03:03:45 PM »
By Bladeofkintaro (Bladeofkintaro) on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 05:02:
Cygni floated along in the sky when a large rock hit her knocking her to the ground. She turned around to see what apeared to be Lum. Cygni said "Owww! you hit me with that boulder! I guesse that answers the question about the intel reports." Bakuto in Lum form whipped out one lightsabre and ignited one end. Bakuto said "I thought there was an awful lot of Lums around town. Your my target arent you?"
the voice said "I dont think this is Lum Cygni."
Cygni responded "What? Just how many of her are there?"
Cygni pulled out her blaster and fired a few shots deflected by the lightsaber. Bakuto did Kunos rapid fire boken attack with the lightsaber. Cygni manged to jump into the air as it turned a minivan into shishkabob.
Kakugari and Chibi had their hopes down because they couldnt find any Lums. But when they turned the corner they saw what apeared to be two Lums fighting. Kakugari shouted that ones mine! He ran up and Grabbed Bakuto. Bakuto said "What the hell?" Kakugari said "Marry me!" suddenly he felt the form changing. Bakuto had changed into a copy of Cherry. The fake Cherry said "I dont think your my age."
Cygni started to fly away.
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2004, 03:04:09 PM »
By Parias on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 10:16:
Note: I'm gonna enter comments from "The Voice" (big dramatic music) in brackets, so it's easier to understand who's saying what.

(RP ON)
Executing a graceful back-flip, Cygni landed on a nearby roof-top, breathing hard. Walking over to the edge and keeping a low profile, she watched the proceedings below as the teenagers swarmed the Lum-wannabe, whom changed into a tiny bald-headed monk.

"Ok, now I'm getting pissed. Why the hell is everyone trying to kill me all of a sudden? Could they have caught on that fast?"

(Naw, I'm sure that it's coincidence, odd as it sounds. Anyways, judging from your reactions, it looks like you won't need to make time at the range at all.. you've already inherited the skills necessary.)

"Hmm, you may be right.. lets sit back and watch a second. And what's up with this shape-shifter guy? Something wierd is going on.."

(No, really? I would have never guessed!)

Below, Kukugari and Chibi were running for their lives, wondering where Cherry had come from and where the other Lum had gone.

"This is getting out of hand!" one of them puffed.

"Yea, lets see if the rest are ok!"

They headed towards the park.

Back at the Mendou mansion, Terra stumbled in, bleeding slightly in the leg. She waved away the questioning medics and went upstairs and into one of the rooms, where Hudson and Ryouko were having a meal.

"What happened?" Hudson inquired. "Your leg.."

Terra shook her head. "It's nothing. But we may have a bit of a problem.. either Ginkobot managed to churn out a complete copy of Lum faster than I figured he would, or this is from someone else. I'm willing to go for the latter.."

"What do you mean 'complete' copy?"

"That bitch flies and shoots lightning too. She was also packing heat. Not too sure what she's here for though.. when I tried to get answers out of her, she unloaded a lightning bolt into my leg and took off around the corner."

Terra walked over and kneeled down with the group at the table, where they discussed plans as to what they would do.

Back in the city, Cygni watched as Lum, who was still chasing Ataru, headed back towards their home.

"Welp, now would be a good time to figure out where they live and prepare.."

Taking off high into the sky, she tailed the 2 home, and settled down on another rooftop close by, where she had a good view of the second floor window leading into Ataru's room.

"Looks like a pretty easy place.. hell, I could probably take her out here.."

(I wouldn't try anything yet, wait untill nightfall, it'll attract less attention. From what I gather, she seems to be quite a social figure..)

"If she's so damn popular, how come I have to take her out? It's probably a two-faced thing.."

(Probably. Just the same, keep your eyes open, there just might be something deeper than this..)

"Oh great, one day I'm sitting down wondering when my boss will give me a break, the next I'm looking into conspiracy theories."

She checked her watch and sat back, sighing.

"5 PM. Just freakin great.. I've got at least 3 hours till nightfall, maybe a bit less. Oh well, not much else to do but wait.."

She was startled when a small green-haired baby floated in front of her face.

"Hiya Lum! I thought you were inside!"

"What? Oh great, not again.."

"Oh, you're not Lum? You must be.. uhh.. Terra then, right?"

"Who the heck is Terra?" she thought to herself.

(Probably that other green-haired girl you saw.)

"Which one, the shape-shifting one, or the one on the bench?"

(Bench. This'll be a good time to learn some info..)

"Nope, not Terra either." she said out loud. "Just another shadow in the night, if you will. So who's this Terra person?"

Ten made a face. "I thought everyone in the town knew of Terra already!"

"I travel a lot. Clue me in."

"Well, a few months ago she came and tried to kill Lum. After a lot of fighting and whatnot, that wierd Hudson guy brought her around to our side, and now she's helping us out."

(Tried to kill Lum eh? Maybe you could learn something from her...)

"Probably something I already know though. I don't think I'd want to consult with her anyways, after she tried to drive a sword through my head." she thought, wincing at the memory.

"Something wrong?"

"Huh?"

"You winced. You in pain?"

"What? No, just memories..."

Ataru's mother was heard yelling "Dinner!" from inside the house.

"I've gotta go now! Buh bye!"

"Bye kid.. what's your name anyways?"

Ten bowed, or at least tried to, as he was floating in mid-air. "My name is Jeriten, but my close ones.." Ten inched closer. "...call me just Ten."

"Well then 'Ten' I suggest you get going before the food gets cold."

Ten grinned and flew off. Cygni sighed and lay back again. She planned to make her move at 12:30 AM. It was going to be a long night.
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2004, 03:04:22 PM »
By Bladeofkintaro (Bladeofkintaro) on Saturday, December 18, 1999 - 01:29:
Ataru was in his room grumbling about Lum zapping him again. Then he noticed someone behind him. It was Cherry! Ataru said "Will you stop that?" What apeared to be Cherry walked over to Ataru and said "So we meet at last Ataru you feind." Ataru said "your starting to scare me more the usual! Take your ugly face and get out of here!" Cherry said "Woops! I forgot to change out of this form." Cherry deformed into an oni in leopard spotted armor with neon orange hair. Ataru said "Oh not another alein! I thought all you oni dressed in stripes." Bakuto said "Hey some of us dont like to dress the same all the time. But I didnt come here to talk fashion Ataru. You have a great fiance like Lum and chase after other women!"
With tears streaming in his eyes Bakuto struck a dramatic pose. "I challenge you to a game of lightsaber tag! Here choose your weapon. I'll give you three days to prepare." He takes out two lightsabers that look exactly the same. Ataru says "I aint gonna duel with you! You can have Lum leave me alone!" Bakuto said "If you dont I'm gonna stick you with this here and now!" Ataru shouted "What! take this!" Ataru picked up a chair. Just then Lum walked into the room to see Ataru lifting a chair in the air and he was about to hit what apeared to be the taco bell dog.

Lum said "Darling! leave that dog alone! Did you hit your head?"
Ataru said "Thats not a dog! It's this guy with orange hair!" The dog lay down on the floor and made sad dog noises. Lum grabbed the dog and said "He's so cute!" Ataru just looked frustrated.
It had been an hour since Ten went inside and it was around 9:00. Cygni still sat out on top of a nearby house still waiting. Ten wandered into the room and said "Lum do you have any relitives in town. I saw a girl who looked you when I was on my way home."
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2004, 03:04:38 PM »
By Parias on Saturday, December 18, 1999 - 02:21:
(RP ON)
Cygni was rummaging around in one of the pouches, when she dug out the headset.

"When did I put this thing in? I don't recall..."

("Ah yes. You'll be surprised at what a subtle message along the nervous system can do..")

"Oh great, now you have control of my body?"

("Naw, just occasional things when it's needed. And I figured you'd want to take this thing along.")

"Thanks.. I guess.. I suppose I should tell What's-His-Face what I'm doing.. be nice to at least get a name.."

Putting the headset on, she waited for it to do something. After a moment, she cussed.

"Ok, what am I doing wrong?"

("I believe it reacts to internal commands.. reacting to your nervous system. Just think of the panel expanding, like an arm or leg, and then have it establish contact with the man.")

"Mmmkay.." Concentrating, the panel slowly emerged in front of Cygni's right eye, and a moment later, showed "Establishing Communications.." The figure appeared shortly after.

"Ah, Cygni, what have you to report?"

"Well, if there's one thing you were right about, it's that I caught on, fast. Right now I'm sitting outside of Lum's home, waiting for 12:30 AM, then I'm gonna strike."

"So soon? Are you sure you're prepared?"

"From the looks of it she'll be an easy kill.."

"And you haven't run into any of her guards yet?"

"Aside from an odd shape-shifting person who tried to take me out, not really."

"Ah, that would be one of her lower-ranking ones.. still very deadly. Be careful."

"Right.. another thing too. Why do you want me to take her out? I read the intel, and for some reason, everything inside is urging me to pack up and go home. I don't see any point to killing her, she seems harmless enough, and furthermore she'll probably be a martyr when she goes down, making more trouble than I can handle."

The figure sighed.

"Before you tell me, give me a name."

"Zeus. Radicus Zeus."

Cygni snorted. "Some name. So what's the details?"

"I'm not willing to reveal too much yet, but since you asked, I'll let you in on a bit."

Radicus stooped down a moment to gather his thoughts and look over a couple of documents.

"The Oni kingdom has been a constant hassle to our cause for many years. Our group, which you can simply refer to as 'Splinter' for now, consists of the finest agents in existence. We are working to bring ourselves into power."

"Invader, who is Emperor of the Oni kingdom, is growing old and un-worthy of his title. Despite constant urgings from our operatives, he refuses to back down so we can place ourselves on the throne. Further complicating matters, is the fact that if we were to kill Invader ourselves, his daughter would be set to take control, and security would double, rendering our efforts useless."

"As thus, we are preparing many surprises. As soon as Lum is dead, Invader will stop to reconsider his position. At that time, we shall strike. Security will double around him, yes, but he will be confused and out of place, and more suceptible to manipulation. We will pressure him into giving us his fleets and his power. Once we have weakened him sufficiently, we will dispose of him and take control ourselves."

"Further details are currently classified beyond your clearance, but you can be assured that problem will be rectified once you complete your mission. We have agents everywhere, so do not think of double crossing us.. in-case that had crossed your mind."

"Oh of course not." said Cygni. "I still haven't much idea what I'm doing, much less change sides! But my question is, are you telling the truth?"

"Cygni my dear... why would we go through all the trouble of providing you with such power, simply to go back and lie to you? Trust your heart my dear. And now, I do have some important business to attend to. Do be careful. I will be most pleased if you are capable of pulling this off tonight. It means we will be able to put our other plans into effect that much quicker."

"Have a nice evening."

With that, the display fuzzed out and the arm retracted. Cygni cussed.

"Great, now I'm twice as confused as ever. If this guy IS telling the truth, then I still don't know if what I'm doing is right. Hell, I could be caught in some big-ass conspiracy. And from what I'm gathering, she's damn important.."

("Remember what he said, follow your heart.")

"Helpful, as always." Cygni retorted sarcastically. She checked her watch. 11:00 PM.

"Just a bit longer, and that's when I'm gonna have one hell of a choice to make..."

She sighed and picked up the FN-P90, checking it's ammo. She held it in her hands with her fingers lightly on the trigger. It felt powerful.

"I've never really killed before.. I wonder what it'll be like?"

("Assuming you're even able to hit her..")

Cygni watched as Lum chased Ataru around the room, throwing various objects at him and screaming.

"Damn, I'm gonna have to be careful not to cap the kid.."

An odd looking dog jumped up to the window pane, and stared right at her. A red flash was seen in it's eyes. Cygni stared back and blinked.

"Something about that dog..."

The dog continued to stare at her, unaware of the destruction going on behind him, while Cygni checked over her weapons and the ammunition.

"Damn, you'd almost think he knew exactly what I was planning.."

("Naw, probably just a stray, you remember how they stop to stare at the strangest of things.")

Cygni sighed, set her watch to go off at 12:30 AM, and just sat there, staring at the dog, and the window.
(RP OFF)
Lum-chan

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2004, 03:04:52 PM »
By Jocko on Saturday, December 18, 1999 - 04:25:
(RP ON)

Hudson and Ryouko had spent a nice evening in Tomobiki, mainly walking, dining and talking about the future. It was getting cold in the resident areas of Tomobiki-Cho, and Warren had put his coat on Ryouko, it created an odd constrast between pinstripes and green Japanese elegance.

"I really enjoyed my birthday party," Ryouko smiled, "...Warren-kun."

Warren nodded silently and put his arm around her shoulders.

Ryouko looked down the street, the street the Moroboshi residence was on. "I was worried my brother would've tried to start trouble with you."

"He did Ryouko," Warren laughed, "just after his punishment ended for his torture procedures, he challenged me to a duel for his honor. But I said I was too old for this sort of garbage, told him to cool off, and if he didn't I'd tell his mother. I think he decided to take your advice," he winked at Ryouko.

After "Ginkobot's War" was resolved, Shutaro had the absurd notion in his polished little head that Hudson's intentions toward Ryouko weren't entirely honorable, but Ryouko took control, stating that it was her decision and Shutaro should be happy she wasn't pursuing Tobimaro or Ataru.

"...We should be getting back to the mansion, Ryouko-chan. It's getting late."

"Yes...! Warren," she pointed to a tree across the street from a house, and a green haired figure sitting on a branch staring across into a second story window.

Hudson's mind was a blank for a second, then: "That's Lum and Ataru's room! And that's the Terra lookalike."

They both stopped dead in their tracks, hoping the lookalike wouldn't see them watching her.

(RP OFF)
Lum-chan