Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:58:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14

Author Topic: Episode 1: "I'm Lum, the Notorious"  (Read 9493 times)

Offline SandStorm

• Casual Otaku
    • Storm Resources Forum (your mobile edge)
Episode 1: "I'm Lum, the Notorious"
« on: April 25, 2008, 11:58:48 PM »
Ok guys, here is the link:
http://www.surfthechannel.com/info/anime/Urusei_Yatsura/27991/S1E1.html

You can see it now. ;)

But, how to get it?
If you use FireFox, install the add-on "Download Helper" (Video Download Helper) and install it.
Download from the WEB, one tool called "Any FLV Player"

On the link i gave, you'll see the 3 balls bouncing. click on the arrow, and select the *.flv file

Give it the name you want, like "episode 1.flv"
The download is 109MB.

Once it has been downloaded, launch the any FLV Player.
In the "tools" menu, select the 'associate flv file"
On the playlist window, locate the place you got the movie.

Enjoy!

Works for youtube, etc.
Follow your dreams...

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
Re: Episode 1: "I'm Lum, the Notorious"
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 12:08:22 AM »
Ummm... you guys know that the episodes are already uploaded on youtube right? And that I also uploaded them all on Veoh?

In fact, I think that those episodes on that site are somehow connected to the ones I uploaded on Veoh... only the uploader only went to NEAR the end of season 5...

Wouldn't it be easier to download them from Veoh instead? Veoh also has all the movies and ovas

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline SandStorm

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 12:12:12 AM »
i didn't knew about that Veoh site... I Discovered this link yesterday.
The way to download, well, it they have direct mpg download, then yes, it is easy :)
Follow your dreams...

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 12:14:44 AM »
You can go to the video and click "download" on veoh.

Not sure, but I think you first have to download VeohTV but it doesn't seem to take too long.

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline SandStorm

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 12:17:49 AM »
Ok man, thanks about that :)
Follow your dreams...

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 12:20:42 AM »
I thought people knew, I put it in that thing that goes at the bottom of my posts, the message/note thing. Know a way to make it more noticeable?

Offline SandStorm

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 12:26:21 AM »
Yes, with a image banner :) it is more eye catchy :)
Follow your dreams...

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 03:53:46 AM »
ohh, how I miss stage6 :'( , there we could upload videos without it loosing video quality, like youtube and veoh tend to do. *mopes*

▲
▲ ▲

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 04:02:05 AM »
They did? I didn't know that...

Anyways, I just recently accidentally downloaded dreamweaver. So... I guess that means I can learn to make a website? If I can figure it the first thing I'll do is make a sister website to this one that will be used to show all the episodes ^_^

Again... if I can figure out how to use it...

Offline Pang217

• Chibi
  • What do you expect from an idiot?
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 05:22:04 AM »
ohh, how I miss stage6 :'( , there we could upload videos without it loosing video quality, like youtube and veoh tend to do. *mopes*
Losing video quality isn't bad at all. Just guess... if videoes on youtube have high quality(so they'll be very big,too), how long does it take you to download and watch one video :o? [if you want to watch high quality UY episodes, just download them by Bittorrent. Don't care about the speed because UY TV Series have lots of seeds ;D.

Offline foxviewr

• Chibi
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 12:52:56 PM »
They did? I didn't know that...

Anyways, I just recently accidentally downloaded dreamweaver. So... I guess that means I can learn to make a website? If I can figure it the first thing I'll do is make a sister website to this one that will be used to show all the episodes ^_^

Again... if I can figure out how to use it...

You will need then to do a lot of work. Not only you wil have to learn designing on dreamwaver as well you will probably have to learn some programing (html, asp, php, whatever comes if you need). Then, to put videos in your website you will have to learn Flash, that means will need the Macromedia Flash as well. And then graphics, Fireworks, Photoshop... And still find a good server to host your website (be it free or not) and a domain as well.

Let's just say that you have a pretty big job here, but still it's a nice ideia.  ;D
Posted on: April 26, 2008, 12:24:09 PM

Have you tried to download videos from youtube and veoh in mp4 high quality instead of flv quality?
I've tried, and the quality comes better than the one you watch directly on youtube (flv). So lets say that quality lost you're talking about it's not only because of the upload itself but as well because it is converted then to flv.
Take a look to this comparison:

Normal Youtube Video (FLV)        High Quality (MP4)       
Picture Resolution              320 x 240                                  480 x 320
Audio                         22kHz 64 kbps Mono                     44.1kHz 128 kbps Stereo
Video Bitrate                         200 kbps                                 > 500 kbps
Video Codec                           flash                             h.264 (also compatible with iPod)
Audio Codec                            Mp3                             AAC (also compatible with iPod)

If you want to take the videos in mp4, download them from this site:
http://keepvid.com/

Dont forget to have your codecs up-to-date

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2008, 05:18:17 PM »
O, I already know about html. Tags and stuff, what I need to learn is how dreamweaver works.

Also the download came with Flash and Fireworks. It was a 3 program torrent. I was originally looking for just flash and then look what happened ^_^ I got the other 2 programs I was annoying my friend about to get me. (Same friend I waited weeks for to get Ulead)

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 12:57:26 AM »

Have you tried to download videos from youtube and veoh in mp4 high quality instead of flv quality?
I've tried, and the quality comes better than the one you watch directly on youtube (flv). So lets say that quality lost you're talking about it's not only because of the upload itself but as well because it is converted then to flv.
Take a look to this comparison:

Normal Youtube Video (FLV)        High Quality (MP4)       
Picture Resolution              320 x 240                                  480 x 320
Audio                         22kHz 64 kbps Mono                     44.1kHz 128 kbps Stereo
Video Bitrate                         200 kbps                                 > 500 kbps
Video Codec                           flash                             h.264 (also compatible with iPod)
Audio Codec                            Mp3                             AAC (also compatible with iPod)

If you want to take the videos in mp4, download them from this site:
http://keepvid.com/

Dont forget to have your codecs up-to-date

DivX format is much better considering that it has very compressed videos

▲
▲ ▲

Offline foxviewr

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2008, 10:07:41 AM »
O, I already know about html. Tags and stuff, what I need to learn is how dreamweaver works.

Also the download came with Flash and Fireworks. It was a 3 program torrent. I was originally looking for just flash and then look what happened ^_^ I got the other 2 programs I was annoying my friend about to get me. (Same friend I waited weeks for to get Ulead)

Well then you have all the guns you need  ;D Know you just need to know how to press the trigger  :P
But dont forget to have clear ideia of what your going to do. Having episodes of UY it's something youtube already has (uploaded by you as well), so try make something diferent, like making for each video a direct download link of the episode, in good quality, that way users will be able to watch the episode as a preview, and then download it if they like.
In this case, instead of programing directly a video on your website you could save time, programing and space by putting a link from youtube for the preview, that'll be more easy   :P

But more important is that your project has everything organized with easy acess.

DivX format is much better considering that it has very compressed videos

Yep that's right, but where do you going to get divX videos directly extracted from a youtube or veoh website?
I know it's better, but I still didn't find any place where I can download from youtube/veoh/etc a better extension than mp4. For now I do only know how to download directly in flv (low quality) and in mp4 (high quality).

And dont speak me about torrents, I know as well I can have divx episodes or other better extensions from there, but right know I'm speaking about taking videos from youtube and veoh.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 10:20:24 AM by foxviewr »

Offline SandStorm

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 12:59:57 PM »
you can convert them to divx anyway. ;)
Follow your dreams...

Offline foxviewr

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 02:24:19 PM »

Once again, i'm speaking about getting videos directly from youtube and veoh.
I know you can convert them, but if you convert an flv file to a divx file it comes worse than the flv, or probably the same. Thats because when you are converting you are only changing the extension reading of the file, not the quality.
To have a true divx video, mpeg, avi, etc you must get them from the source or converted from another good quality video. If you convert an high quality video to divx, you will get a good divx video, but if you convert a low quality video (flv) to divx, you will get a bad divx video with the same quality of the flv or worse.

So what I'm speaking here is about taking directly a video from youtube, since its from there where we can get the first hand of what the video can trully be.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 02:29:29 PM by foxviewr »

Offline SandStorm

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 04:50:12 PM »
When i talk about converting, it isn't only "renaming" them.
anyway, the important is to get them, but there are persons who don't like to have all steps, or want it the simplest way. ;)
The video i got as FLV, I spent 109Mb. Maybe directly to xVid\DIVX, the size from the download would be even bigger, no?
Anyway, i do not have ADSL, I have mobile internet (because i need them mobile) with few bandwidth.
Follow your dreams...

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 06:22:30 PM »

But dont forget to have clear ideia of what your going to do. Having episodes of UY it's something youtube already has (uploaded by you as well), so try make something diferent

Remember that friend I keep mentioning? Well while it is difficult to get him to do stuff, when he does get it done, he does it WELL. With his skills and my idea, we created a special video player that has Lum on it.

Also some people probably can't find UY on youtube.

Once again, i'm speaking about getting videos directly from youtube and veoh.

When downloading from Veoh, you get a regular avi, mpeg, whatever file instead of flv so you don't need to convert.

Offline foxviewr

• Chibi
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 12:40:05 AM »

Remember that friend I keep mentioning? Well while it is difficult to get him to do stuff, when he does get it done, he does it WELL. With his skills and my idea, we created a special video player that has Lum on it.

Also some people probably can't find UY on youtube.

Sorry, I forgot your friend ^^ well that way, good luck!
And people can find UY on youtube yes, the only thing they need to know is the name "Urusei Yatsura", then they will think "oh youtube must have somestuff about UY, let me search" and then... you know it  ;D
Youtube is very use today to search anything, like if you were using google.

When downloading from Veoh, you get a regular avi, mpeg, whatever file instead of flv so you don't need to convert.

That's what it looks like, but it comes even worse than I tought... I have the Veoh program, what it does is download the video in flv and then convert it to avi or mpeg. So you have there a flv quality under the extension avi, mpeg (or wathever extension it is). The true extensions of youtube and veoh videos are flv (low q) and mp4 (high q).

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 12:47:41 AM »
actually the episodes are all coded to say uy instead of Urusei Yatsura, that's why it may be harder to find. You have to be sneaky when releasing anime cause you never know if it could be deleted. Ex, instead of "Slayers" somebody called their episodes "$I@y€r$" it was up for over a year before I even found it! pretty sneaky guy ^_^

Offline janus

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 05:35:18 AM »
just if anyone wants a good firefox plugin you should try this https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2390
it saves alot of time trying to download videos from youtube 8)

▲
▲ ▲

Offline foxviewr

• Chibi
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 12:18:37 PM »
actually the episodes are all coded to say uy instead of Urusei Yatsura, that's why it may be harder to find. You have to be sneaky when releasing anime cause you never know if it could be deleted. Ex, instead of "Slayers" somebody called their episodes "$I@y€r$" it was up for over a year before I even found it! pretty sneaky guy ^_^

Actually there are episodes coded to say Urusei Yatsura, if you search it you will find episodes like "Urusei Yatsura ep3 part1" by Jack243, then if you click in this Jack243 to find more episodes in his profile you will see that the other seasons are in other users, then you will search for those users and find those episodes coded to say "uy". That's how I find it, so as you see, anyone fan of uy just need to know the name "urusei yatsura" and search it on youtube.

So, easly anyone can find episodes of uy in youtube, doesn't need to much. And other fans instead of searching on youtube will probably search for torrents, and will find what they want.

Still I agreed that somethings on youtube are pretty hard to find... But as I said in a post before, youtube today is almost used as google, so many people right now knows how to sneak very well  ;D
Now that "$I@y€r$".... the guy who put that must been drunked... That is really hard to find... but I dont belive there are many of those things on youtube... I think...  :-\
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 12:33:03 PM by foxviewr »

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 04:29:41 PM »
for the slayers guy, if you search slayers episode, the first video says slayers episode 1 part one (it's just the opening) but the description says look at my playlists for more and thats how slayers can be found.

So every show has at least one back door it's just difficult to find sometimes.

Offline Surudoi

• Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2008, 05:32:02 AM »
Wow you must really wanna watch that show if you go through all that trouble to find it, eh?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2008, 06:25:22 AM »
I wanted to get a certain spell incantation. But now I download the episodes and split them to future upload multiple spells. One of which (although not a spell) is on my quizguru profile now ^_^

Offline amazome

• Registered
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2009, 08:38:49 AM »
did the bittorrent of UY not exist back in April 08 or what?

Offline SandStorm

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2009, 10:56:35 AM »
did the bittorrent of UY not exist back in April 08 or what?

Would you lent me your internet connection back then?
at that time i has a very slow internet you know, so downloading a 40gigs torrent was out of question!
Also, think twice before reviving a old tread!
Many guys who think they are smart, only end up looking dumb.
Anyway, currently i have a fast connection and already have the full collection.

My apologies to the moderators.
Follow your dreams...

Offline amazome

• Registered
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2009, 05:20:37 AM »
How about threads are locked after a certain amount of time of inactivity?

If you can watch YouTube, why wouldn't you be able to let a torrent download for a few days?  It just surprised me that they never came up in the discussion.

Offline SandStorm

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2009, 11:45:12 AM »
at that time i watched on YT in the work connection.
Do you know bandwidth limits? or you never heard of that?
yes, my old internet was limited to around 5gigs month! if i surpassed that amount, would pay much more!

Also, what i do online, or other users do online, is none of your business.
And next time, beware, because i'm not obliged to explain you stuff, and the world doesn't turn around you!
Follow your dreams...

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2009, 02:15:00 PM »
Hey Sand cool down! There's no need for that, or maybe I just can't see it that way.

Since, everyone here can watch (or re-watch) Urusei Yatsura (or other Anime-themed videos) this discussion ends now.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2009, 10:28:25 PM »
But Sand is right in one thing... Do not revive old topics... even if they're not locked...

And if you going to revive one... you better have a pretty good reason for that...
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2009, 01:18:11 AM »
Rest In Piece (once again) Mr. Episode 1: "I'm Lum, the Notorious topic. xD