Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:01:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 24
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Author Topic: Character Discussion and Defining  (Read 53831 times)

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
Re: Character Discussion and Defining
« Reply #240 on: November 26, 2008, 05:19:22 AM »
I'm Christian but I am for Gay marriage cause I like to be fair and to ban gay marriage would be... well it wouldn't be fair XD They may as well ban straight marriage too.

Anyways so we were talking about... Shinobu? Okay, can we safely say she's at least starting a relationship with Inaba?

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #241 on: November 26, 2008, 07:46:00 AM »
She's starting a relationship, but something tells me it won't last. Although I seem to recall discussing my opinions on that before.

Oh, and to go back to an earlier subject... To everyone that was trying to say Ran was an Oni, I ask you, if she's an Oni, how come she was never a participant in any of the Setsubun games? (It only just hit me, or else I would have mentioned it sooner.)
Excuse me, have you seen my mind? I seem to have misplaced it...

Offline dak

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #242 on: November 26, 2008, 08:57:32 AM »
i thought we have put a end to that subject :?
The only person Lum love is Ataru.
Only thing i can do is watch over her from darkness.

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #243 on: November 26, 2008, 04:16:30 PM »
good point with setsubun.

Is there anything else about shinobu we need to talk about?

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #244 on: November 26, 2008, 07:04:53 PM »
i thought we have put a end to that subject :?

We did, but if there are still any dissidents and dissenters out there, I wanted to put them in their place. :)

Did we cover what the possible source of Shinobu's immense Hulk-strength (you wouldn't like her when she gets angry) might be? At least in this thread, have we?

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
« Reply #245 on: November 26, 2008, 11:34:59 PM »
That's something pretty hard to explain. How does a sweet looking girl with no visible big mustles gets all that strenght when she's angry (mostly something about men, usually influenced by Ataru)?

There's something important here though. While in the beginning of the show it leads us to believe that she always had her supernatural strenght (because all boys seem to fear her when she's getting mad), then how come in the movie where Lum dissapears she seems to lose it? Is it realted to the aliens or not?
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #246 on: November 26, 2008, 11:45:46 PM »
In the comics, she didn't seem to have it at the beginning. I believe the first time where she displayed such an abnormal feat of strength in the comics was in the story where Lum was pretending to be an Earth-girl after Ataru confronted Shinobu about her relationship with Mendo.

But it's possible it was always there, but just not shown before then, because the boys are often surprised at Ataru's ability to withstand her attacks. Personally, I'm inclined to believe it has nothing to do with the aliens in her life.

I really have no explanation for her strength. If I were going to just make something up, I'd say she's a descendant of the Kintaro of Japanese folklore (as opposed to the little brat from outer space that makes friends with Ten). The fact that she often gets compared to him would only serve to reinforce that idea, but like I said, I'm just making it up, there's no other indication for any explanation.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #247 on: November 27, 2008, 10:31:32 AM »
Its proven that a person when in rage can lift up to the double of what you normally would...

Ex: Mr. Q can normally lift 70Kg but after seeing his girlfriend kissing another guy he goes in rampage mode and picks up the other guy Scooter (+/- 130Kg) and trows its into the nearest fountain...

You know that our body is able to do much more than you expect... but like the big V8 engines our power is controlled/limited "electronically" by the brain... so we don't damage our muscles or joints...
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #248 on: November 27, 2008, 06:56:19 PM »
It isn't necessarily just a rage that can give you that extra kick of ability. It's any time you got adrenaline flowing through your body.

But the kind of strength Shinobu displays compared to a normal person is still rather extreme. If we were to say it was adrenaline that causes the strength, then she would have to be rather strong in the first place. Certainly a lot stronger than her slender (as opposed to muscular) figure would suggest. Which leaves us still with the original question... how is she so strong?

Offline Kroptik

• Otaku
  • Kroptik, prince of Tecas.
« Reply #249 on: November 28, 2008, 12:36:05 AM »
It is said that humans can only use 10% of their muscular strenght. This is because the brain "tells us" to, otherwise our muscles would be torn before we knew it.
So if we take that as true, it's quite possible for Shinobu to have that abnormal strenght if she can use 100% musuclar capacity.

The question about this is why does her rage have the effect of blocking the brain's signal on muscular restrain? Maybe some experience with someone of the male gender (which is what nearly always makes her mad) that happened in the past?
Signatured postponed until I cba to make a new one. x.x

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #250 on: November 28, 2008, 12:49:19 AM »
I think we've crossed this path before, where I responded with "Urusei Yatsura is not meant to make sense in any of those categories. In fact a lot of episodes are unresolved. "

basically, there doesn't need to be an explanation for everything that goes on in UY. I believe one or two of the extended anime laws covers this.

Offline FallinG_StaR

• Global Moderator
« Reply #251 on: November 28, 2008, 01:31:34 AM »
Yes... funny animes are made to make no sense at all...

Btw, why do they bleed from the nose when they see something erotic???

If that would of happen to me I would be dead along time ago... I would bleed out... XD... Damn internet... XD
"It is said that only a fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others."-"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
I wonder which one is true!?

Offline Takaholic

• Chibi
« Reply #252 on: October 20, 2012, 06:43:51 PM »
I don't know where anyone gets the idea that Shinobu and Inaba would break up.  The (as of yet) non-animated manga story "The Flower of Love and Courage" pretty much cements their relationship, and Shinbou learns that no matter what, Inaba would do anything for her, and is not in the least as manipulative as the other boys in her life have been.

In my own fanfic series, it turns out that Shinobu is actually adopted, and isn't originally from Tomobiki.  You can blame my old friend Lew Burden for implanting that idea in my mind while reading his fanfic "UY Goes to Hell" at:
http://sakurambo.sandwich.net/fanfiction/hell.txt