Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:24:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 28
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Author Topic: Character Discussion and Defining  (Read 54318 times)

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
Re: Character Discussion and Defining
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2008, 06:30:31 AM »
I didn't say worse... just that her abusive treatment of him would not stop so easily.

And that's just the way they rigged the anime, the manga doesn't do that.
Excuse me, have you seen my mind? I seem to have misplaced it...

Offline Akazukin

• Fan
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2008, 02:43:55 PM »
As normal sidzero, Bring up hard facts.  ;D

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2008, 04:01:39 PM »
She'd be nicER to him though.

Anyways, here's a hypothetical for Ataru.

Ataru fantasizes about a harem and Lum is usually always in it and according to the second movie she has to be in it.

Do you think he would accept a harem of just Lum's? Like her and clones of her? (Taking away whether or not Lum would do it)

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline Akazukin

• Fan
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2008, 04:47:12 PM »
well... No, see while having a harem with lum, is well Freaking great, just her would be boring. The same girl, (clones also)  every morning, noon, and night, make you want to spice up your life, Get a F.W.B (friends with benefits).  Sure on First thought, Ataru would say "hell yeah!!!" but On second Thought He would have thought of the cons of Having a Lum-only Harem.

Now let's talk about which Lum gets to Have Ataru, the real lum Might have to kill Fourteen of her's Clones just to Hold Ataru hand, and another Twenty just to Kiss him. And let not forget that lum powers, her wits, added to say 50 clones, Its would be a living hell.

But personally that just me
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 04:48:43 PM by Akazukin »

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2008, 05:49:51 PM »
She'd be nicER to him though.

Why? Just because they're together? Sorry, but it doesn't work like that. This is experience talking here. Girl treats you like garbage before you go out... girl is going to continue treating you like garbage when you are going out. Simply because she knows she can do it, and that's the behaviour that has come to be expected of her. It's not that I'm being sexist, but that's just how women's brains are wired.

Do you think he would accept a harem of just Lum's? Like her and clones of her? (Taking away whether or not Lum would do it)

What would be the point? The point of a harem is variety. At least, that was (is?) my reason for wanting one.

Also, since you're all so hooked on the anime as opposed to the manga... just consider the episode where Ran was making copies of Lum, and they all got out and Ataru had 7 Lums to deal with. Did it look like that was ideal for him?

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2008, 01:03:39 AM »
Nvm...

Anyways I know that the anime episode made it seem like he was terrified but then he wasn't presented with the opportunity for a Harem.

Problem is that I've never thought about a harem before so I guess I just don't understand the concept as well. In Naruto, he had the "Harem Justu" but that was multiples of the same person too.

Was there a manga chapter for that episode? I can't remember reading it yet. Also I'm not focusing on Lum's interpretation. This is a hypothetical situation where:

Ataru is presented with the chance for his Harem where it is only Lums. Forgetting about what the Lums would do, would he accept it?

Originally I thought Ataru wanted "Just one harem in his life" I'm not saying he wouldn't mind doing it more than once, I'm saying he wants at least one harem before he dies so imagine this Lum harem is a one time thing to calm him down or some other reason that you feel better with.

Why he might accept:

Finally gets a Harem
He said that without Lum the Harem is no good.

Why he might decline:

It's one woman x a number

URUSEI YATSURA EPISODES!!! At www.youtube.com/Neo1Fox & www.veoh.com/users/NeoYatsura

Offline veehive

• Psychotic Fan
  • dare to be intelligent
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2008, 01:34:51 AM »
The point of ... ONE OF  :&  the points of a harem is ... MANY TROPHIES.  MANY DIFFERENT TROPHIES. Think of a Big Game Hunter (gag! choke!) who has ... what, several heads of nearly-similar deer stuffed & mounted and on display on the wall? .... No! He has Many different species from his many different "hunts" littering the walls of his cathedrial-ceiling'd Trophy Room.

:*)

So Old, I'm Young Again!

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2008, 02:00:32 AM »
There was another one I wanted to ask but can't seem to remember right now...

Here's something I want official known.

Does Ataru love Lum?

I know this is probably a stupid question but knowing sidzero I'm sure he'll not only give the answer but give hard evidence on it as well to make the answer official.

Offline kyo

• Big Fan
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2008, 06:52:59 AM »
yeah he do, just that he stubborn as a ox
"darling, you give too much thought to what is real and what is not, to what is true and what is false. I realize that is your way, but just this once, accept things as they are. Forego your control, your discipline. and take me with you.

lum plea to kyo final chapter of sins of the family.

Offline sidzero

• Psychotic Fan
    • www.sidzero.com
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2008, 07:27:28 AM »
Well, I started my hunt for a harem long before I heard of UY and QUITE long before Naruto even came into being. But that's because I like variety. Maybe someday...

No, there was no manga chapter that that episode was based on, it's an anime-exclusive story. But I highly doubt Ataru would accept the Lum-clone harem. Logistically, you just don't get the variety that a normal harem would provide, and really, I see no point to having a harem other than wanting the variety (other than the whole feeling of power, but I don't think the clone harem would give you that, but that's just my opinion). I agree with veehive and his perspective on it... think of it like a trophy room.

As far as Ataru loving Lum... there is no hard evidence, so don't expect me to provide it. Emotions are a hard thing to prove from the outside, because it's an entirely internal thing. It's like trying to prove your favorite color is blue. We can only infer that he does (which I think he does) because of his behaviour. He says he loves all "his women", but he obviously loves Lum more than the rest because of the whole a harem without Lum is pointless thing.

Offline cata

• Otaku
  • Cata, the Valkyrie Moderator
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2008, 01:05:01 AM »
Just because I'm "alone" here (I'm the only girl in the Forum most of the times) it doesn't mean that guys are better than girls and stuff like that. It's just stupid to say that all girls treat guys like trash and that guys think that women should be washing their underwear at home. This is about a couple (Ataru and Lum) not all men and women. All men are different from other man and the same goes for woman. We can't say that all woman/men think like that or do like this, etc. It's just stupid and irritating!

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2008, 01:20:01 AM »
Thank you for saying that. I honestly think that after Ataru marries Lum she will be nicer towards him. Not to say she won't be strict if she sees him acting like his usually self towards another woman, but that she would try to do things for him.

Lum's main dream, at least according to a couple of episodes, is to be the housewife type after marriage. If that dream comes true why wouldn't she be happy enough to be nicer?

Of course you have to remember that Lum's idea of nice is not always what you expect. She could be trying to do something for Ataru but end up screwing up with explosions.

Holy crap... I'm on the wrong topic -_-''' we were talking about Ataru's Lum Harem thing... umm... yeah that was just a hypothetical scene.

Here's a good question: Would Lum let Ataru have a bachelor party prior to the wedding? I can see Ataru now begging for one.

Offline Jataru

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2008, 01:32:28 AM »
Lum wouldn't let Ataru have it, only if he hide the party from Lum.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 07:34:26 PM by Lum-chan »

Offline UruseiNeo

• Casual Otaku
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2008, 01:42:17 AM »
I know. But thinking about how he would go about it...

First of all he would bring up the fact that he'd be marrying her and that this would be the last time he'd ever get to look at another woman again. He'd probably let her have a bachelorette party if he got his. There's about 100 reasons he could think up...

After all those reasons... Lum MIGHT let him but at the same time she would most likely want something in return.

Offline Jataru

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2008, 01:48:06 AM »
Like what?