Forum > Urusei Yatsura Goodies 'n' Stuff

Lum figma review

<< < (2/2)

veehive:
Anime figurines in general have become HOT! HOT! HOT! I've been following the set of K-On! figures from Alter -- they're selling out in pre-order within a week of being offered! I found my Mio Akiyama figure from a seller on eBay, and (as soon as I can scrape the cash together) I'll order Yui Hirasawa from him as well (and ask if he's getting Azu-nyan :9)

Similarly, saw a Nendoroid Miku Hatsune [that's her as my current avatar there on the left] as a race-queen (umbrella girl) complete with umbrella and car ... going for $160 on eBay! As I say -- anime figurines are HOT! HOT! HOT!  

(me with my "harem": Mio, Miku, and Haruhi)

cata:
Hey Veehive! First time I saw you! xD

Great figurines you have there. =D

veehive:
Why, thank you!

Just read on Sankaku Complex (a website VERY MUCH "Not-Safe-For-Work" -- just warning you, should you ever think to venture there) that the Yui Hirasawa figure has been released this week and they were in such demand that there were fist-fights between otaku over them!

(there's gotta be a joke or two in the imagery of bespectacled endomorphic otaku getting into a brawl in a manga store)

So. If you get an itch to own a figurine, do your research and know the market and know what's coming out when, and be ready to spend as soon as the retailers offer them for pre-order. And, enjoy! They're the prefectest compliment to any display of anime and manga!

SonicDaMan:
Otaku fist fight? I gotta see that XD

cata:

--- Quote from: SonicDaMan on April 25, 2010, 01:28:45 AM ---Otaku fist fight? I gotta see that XD

--- End quote ---

I second that. xD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version