Cosmic King:
Excellent fanfic,chette

Kroptik:
Impossible to put it into words... Simply perfect  _/-\o_ ^O^ _/-\o_

SandStorm:
really touching!
Excellent, waiting for more!

Chette:
Hi! sorry been a long time hehe... -_- Anyway.. if anyone is interested for more? here is it! (Its not yet up in ff.net. I will put it up here first *_*)

------------------------------------------

All rights reserved for Rumiko Takahashi
and English is not my first language

Baby... Our Baby
Chapter 2: The Pain in his heart
A Urusei Yatsura
written by: Chette Dizon

"Do you want me to knock his head with a boulder?" The Pink-haired friend named, 'Ran' growled as she looked at Lum's sad eyes. Ever since Lum and Ataru's break-up; Lum went back to Oni but did not came back for Rei. Lum however was able to repair Rei and Ran's relationship and both of them are living happily now; engaged and soon to be married. "I know Moroboshi is stupid; but I didn't expect that he will become the most inconsiderate man I've ever known!"

"Shut up, Ran" Benten growled, crossing her arms. She was and always is Lum's best friend ever since Childhood. Over the years; she trained herself to be calmer especially she was Lum's support with Mayuka. She could be calm; but around Ran? She is really doing her very best to calm.

"He will not help?" Oyuki asked, the queen of Neptune. Her voice is so calm but she has the deadliest weapon ever.

Lum shakes her head, crying. "There was still anger in his eyes, 'tcha... and I was so scared even to talk to him" she wiped her tears and looked at Oyuki, "And even more scared by the thought he won't be convinced."

"Then you should tell him about Mayuka!" Ran yelled, her voice pierced all around the room, "Or better yet electrify that good for nothing pervert" she muttered.

"I CAN'T DO THAT!" Lum yelled, "What if he... finds out and then he will know that she is sick? He will blame me for being a bad mother!" she sobbed. Benten sighed and wrap her arms around her friend. "He will blame me, 'tcha"

"He can't blame you" Oyuki said, "You are a great mother to Mayuka... He can't blame you; It's not your fault that she is sick" she said, putting her hand on Lum's hand.

Ran frowned, "What I don't understand is that... why is he mad at you?" she asked, "I don't know any reason other than... you left him because he is stupid" Ran said, rolled her eyes.

"How is she?" Lum asked, changing the topic. Benten blinked, Lum sighed, "Mayuka... How is she? Is she alright? Is she standing? Does she know that I'll be back next month?" she asked,

Benten smiled sadly at her, "She is alright. Your mother and father... they're taking care of her. Actually, she wanted me to give you this" she said, pulling something out of her pants. Ever since she decided to stay with Lum on earth; her fashion statement changed from boxers to Pants. She handed the paper to Lum. "She said she misses you and she hopes you are okay" she said,

Lum's hands were shaking as she received the paper. She unfolded it carefully and saw Mayuka's drawing of her and letters below that it said, 'Don't worry too much about me Mama... I will be fine. I love you and Miss you'. She couldn't help but to break down and cry so much. She wanted to wrap her arms around her daughter. She wanted to be there for her.

"She is fine." Benten said, trying to comfort her as best as she could. "Everything is okay, Leo is always visiting her during lunch and they were playing play station" she said, soothing her back. "She is a strong girl, just like her mother"

Lum sniffed and shakes her head, she wasn't strong. But Ataru is. She closed her eyes and pictured Mayuka's beautiful face. She looks so much like her mother except she has brown eyes like her father, Ataru. Although bald because of Chemotherapy, She still looks like a princess. An Amazing Kid, so full of life and love... she doesn't even look like she's dying. "My Baby... My Baby" she whispered and a batch of tears fell on her eyes once again.

Ran, Benten and Oyuki looked at each other and sigh.

Moroboshi's Residence...

Mr and Mrs. Moroboshi looked at each other; and then at their son. Who was once sitting and eating silently. At times like this, they know something is wrong. Ataru didn't even turn on the television. He always ALWAYS turns the television on when he is eating.

"Where did you take my son?" Mrs.Moroboshi asked him.
"Huh?" Ataru asked, looking at her.
"Where is my son?" she asked,

Ataru swallowed a whole bunch of rice and ignored his mother. He really didn't want to talk to anyone right now. Then he felt his cheeks in pain; he realized his mother is pulling his face. "ITE! ITE!!!" he yelled,

"Where is my SON?!" she yelled,

"I AM RIGHT HERE! STOP PINCHING MY CHEEK!!!" Ataru yelled, then his mother let go of his cheek. "Geez. Okaasan (Mother) I am not a kid anymore" he said, rubbing his swollen cheek, he is frustrated and annoyed at once.

"What's wrong?" Mr.Moroboshi asked,

"Lum-san came by to visit him"

"GAH!"

The Moroboshi family shriek when they find Cherry sitting on the table while eating. Cherry never changed, he always surprises the family he always call 'Unlucky family'. Ataru growled and grabbed the food away from Cherry.

"Wait.. Lum-san... is here?" Mrs.Moroboshi asked, "How is she?" she asked, looking at Ataru.

"Beats me" Ataru said, looking down. Then he felt Cherry holding his head.

"His mind was scattered. Lum-san's visit was driving him crazy. He was concern about her because she looked so sad when she came to see him. And what's with the Bone Marrow thing? Ataru is Curious-"

"CUT IT OUT!" Ataru yelled, pushing Cherry away from him. "MOU! What's with you people!" he yelled, standing. "Why do you always invade my life? Don't you have your own lives to handle?!" he yelled, dramatically.

"Cut out the drama Ataru.. How is Lum?" Mrs.Moroboshi asked, rolling her eyes.

"I am OUTTA HERE!" Ataru yelled, leaving the room and grabbed his police polo. Even though his mother kept yelling him to stay; he needs to get out of the house. FAST.

He was not far away from his house when a police car dashed on him and stopped beside him. He blinked and saw one of his co-police. "What's wrong?" he asked,

"There's a woman in the ole creek, A stubborn woman set a tent. It was a dangerous place sir, but she is stubborn. We tried to convince her that It is prohibited to be there but she didn't care."

Ataru muttered, "Fine, I'll try to convince her" he said, as he run towards the Ole creek. It was one of the old dangerous places of Tomibiki High. He almost died when he went down to rescue a teenager. But who in the right mind would set a tent down there? He growled and run as fast as he could. He is Ataru Moroboshi; The Head Chief of Tomobiki.

Ole Creek...

Ataru turn on his flash light and uttered a prayer before coming down the creek. He already knew how to go down because when he happened to rescue a teen; he memorize the path for no reason at all. As he drew closer, he could see the tent and some fire. He carefully walked towards the tent and peek inside the tent. The tent was empty. "Anyone here?" he asked, looking around. "You know, It is very dangerous to camp here so if you would let me help you to get rid of the things-"

"I'm fine don't worry 'tcha"

Ataru froze. That voice. He caught his breath for a second, not believing what he saw. "What the hell are you doing here?" he asked, growling.

"To have a discussion� with you"

Ataru cursed some words as he run his hand on his hair, "You are in way over your head. You can talk to me at the office you know that" he said, looking at her.

He saw her looked away, "I know... but we cannot talk privately there."
"We can. It's my office" he said,

Lum looked at him, those sad eyes. "You will run away again. You will excuse yourself, do something and you will push me away" she said, looking down.

"You think I won't here?" Ataru asked, crossing his arms. "You think I will not leave you?" he asked, sarcastically. "Think again" he added,

She sighed, "Maybe you will leave, 'tcha... but before you are Ataru Moroboshi... you are a Police and you cannot leave me.. a Tomobiki Resident who could die in this situation" she said, then before Ataru could say something, she opened her palm; making Ataru gasped. It was her pair of horns.

"The Hell woman!" He growled, she couldn't fly! argh! He looked around and sat on a rock. "Fine. Make it quick. Talk. And after that, we will leave this creek and don't bother me again" he said,

"I will not bother you again.. On one condition 'tcha" she said, Ataru looked at her. "Please... donate your bone marrow to me" she said,

Ataru growled, why is she obsessed with the Bone Marrow thing? Why is she... A sudden realization came to his mind. No way... Ataru eyes widen, "You couldn't.. Possibly been..." he shakes his head, "No.. you're an alien.."

"What?" she asked,

"Are you sick?" Ataru asked, this time his voice full of concern. Lum blinked, "That's why you want me to donate a bone marrow?" he asked,

Are you sick? Lum blinked, Ataru didn't get it but when she looked down and saw the rocks. Maybe she can lie about it... then she'll get his blood and bone marrow without finding about their daughter. Mayuka will be saved, and she will leave this planet. "I.. yes" she said, muttered.

"Since when?" Ataru asked,
"I don't know... since.. I left you?" she asked, looking back at him now.
"Is that why you left me?" he asked, his voice full of concern

Lum gasped, this is all wrong! But why did his tone changed? "I..."

"You left me.. so that.. I won't know?" Ataru asked, sighed. Then he moved closer to Lum and held her hands together with his. "Lum.. you shouldn't have left because you are sick.. I... can take care of you" he said, squeezing her hands. "Remember the time... I almost thought you are going to become cow? I didn't leave you.. I told you that I will take care of you... You didn't have to leave" he said,

"Moroboshi.. I-"

"Honey?"

Ataru and Lum froze when they heard something. Then an alien compact beside Lum opened, Ataru saw a handsome guy like Rei but this time his hair was not green but black. Ataru let go of Lum's hands, and Lum hurriedly grabbed the compact and went inside the tent. Ataru felt baffled, confused. Who was that guy calling Lum 'Honey?' Lum's husband? Then he saw Lum walking out of the tent.

"Honey?" he asked,
"That was Leo" Lum said, looking down. "Rei's twin" she added,
"And?"
"My fianc�..." she added,

Ataru felt a riffle shot through his heart. "I see.. well, you have your honey with you.. so how come you are asking for my bone marrow?" he asked, standing up. He feels utterly frustrated and angry at her and himself for opening on her again.

"Because, he doesn't match my-"

"Oh.. so before you ask for my help, you ask for his help first! hmm.. you're really are something, Lum." he said, turning his back on her. "Anyway, try to find a guy that matches yours. I won't help you, did you hear me? I won't." he said, I'm not gonna let you have your happiness Lum...

"But-"

"If you don't want to go up, suit yourself" he said, "I tried to rescue you, but you don't want to be damn rescued so I'll leave you here" he said,

"Moroboshi! I am not going to leave here!"
"FINE! DIE EARLY if you want!" Ataru growled,

"Fine!" Lum yelled, and went inside her tent. Ataru thought differently and when she almost got him to donate, Leo came into the scene. She growled and buried her face on her sleeping bag. Mayuka her daughter.. how can she save her?

She woke up, when the light hit her face. She realized that she cried herself to sleep. Maybe he is right; they don't need his bone marrow. Maybe someone who matches Mayuka's marrow can become a donator. She will give up asking for help from him; Plus its dangerous. She could feel her feelings for him, coming back again. That is a No No. She needed to avoid him from now on. She clearly open her eyes and a vision of someone sleeping beside her. She rubbed her eyes and gasped. Before she could scream, the man turned to look at her.

"What are you doing here?!" Lum snapped.

Ataru sat up and yawned, "Like you said, I am a police first than Ataru Moroboshi. I can't leave you here, so when you were already sleeping... I sneak inside and slept too" he said, rubbing his forehead. He smirked, "Why are you surprise? Don't tell me you're not used sleeping with me. As I've recalled, you were the one who is ecstatic to sleep beside me" he said,

Lum could feel her tears forming again. "Yeah, I was stupid back then" she said, murmuring but Ataru heard her.
"You are?" he asked, incuriously

"Yes. Falling in love with someone who doesn't love me back," Lum said, looking straightly into his eyes. "Forcing you to love me, even it was impossible. I was stupid" she said,

"Yeah but when you left... I suddenly missed all your bickering, nagging and electrifying stunts around the house" he said, smirking.

Lum looked at him, Ataru Moroboshi indeed changed. He matured a little but he still looked terrific in the early morning. Although he needed a shave, his hair was slightly tousled, giving rise to urge to run her fingers through it, She swallowed and looked away, trying to damp down all these coming back longings that filled her. This isn't right.

"Man! I am starving!" he said, caressing his stomach

"I'll try to cook something for you," Lum said, opening up her bag and pulling an alien mini-stove that completes everything.

"er..." Ataru gulped, he knew Lum wasn't a good cooker. "I don't think that's a good idea"

Lum sighed, "Don't worry Moroboshi... I have improved" she said,

A minutes later...

A decent meal was prepared in front of Ataru in a small table. Ataru examined the food and it looks good. Not weird or strange, he gulped and took a bite. Chewed a little and looked at Lum, "You were not lying when you told me that you have improved" he said, Lum shrugged, "And you already know how to balance the tastes. Before all your food were hot and sizzled" he said, chuckling.

"It was hard! But who says it's easy to become a moth-" she stopped herself before she could spit everything out.

"What?" Ataru asked,
"Moth! I saw a moth last night... It was uh.. Something" Lum said, looking around.

"Moth?" Ataru blinked, Lum nodded. "Anyway, we will better get going. I mean... This is insane. We can't be here forever" he said, although that would be too nice.

"I will not-"

Ataru put a finger in Lum's lips to stop her, "We will leave this place... and I will donate my blood and bone marrow. You have risked your life many times for me in the past, I guess.. It's about time for me to pay up." he said, he was about to take another bite when he saw Lum's smile for the first time since she visited Tomobiki. He was mesmerized with her beauty.

"Thank you so much..."

Ataru frowned, Who am I kidding.. I will save her life but she won't be with me.. she will be with... that guy.. Loe? Elo? Whatever his name is... He cleared his throat and resume eating. "So.. Let�s talk about your fianc�.. What is his name?" he asked,

"Leo"

"Uh.. yeah.. Him... how is he? How did you two met?" he asked, trying to talk casually and avoiding the pain.

"We met... when I was back in Oni Planet... he is Rei's twin... the long lost twin." she said, trying to clean up and packing all the things inside her tent. As Ataru listens to her story, he can't really ignore the pain in his heart.

cata:
I'm addicted to this story! Amazing work Chette!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version