Forum > Movies, OAV & TV Series

Beautiful Dreamer Dubbed

(1/7) > >>

UruseiNeo:
Hey, I know a lot of people try to avoid the English version of the show but to me, it's like getting to watch it again.

For instance, there were two different dubs for the first episode and both were terrible but I watched them anyway cause I'm that good a fan to put up with the bad voices. One dub did episode 1 and 2, the other one (British) did episodes 1 and 3. That's it for the TV as far as I know.

Anyways, I heard good things about the 2nd movie, Beautiful Dreamer, and its dubbed version. I even found this little clip on youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=BwjoSN2zQX8

Does anyone else think the voices here are satisfying? Or at the very least Lum's voice? Personally I found her voice quite cute.  ;D

Also, is there dubs of the other 5 movies? Is there a dub for the ENTIRE TV series?

veehive:
All six movies are "dubbed & subbed" by the U.S. distributor(s) for the United States market; the TV series & the OVA's here are subbed only.

Movie 2 was my initiation into UruseiYatsura, and it was on a VHS rental with AmericanEnglish-dubbed soundtrack only. Having since acquired several of the TV DVD's (and enjoyed them repetedly and often), I find I've become accustomed to the voices of the originating Japanese actors, and prefer them over any dubbing.

Specifically in the case of Lum: the U.S. voice talent do a good job but, for me, the only voice for Lum is Ms. Hirano.

Having said all that (yeah, I'm long-winded -- go get yourself a sandwich and a Cold One and I'll be done about the time you get back), for Movie 2, I like hearing Megane's soliliquy ("The Prehistory of Tomobiki") in English instead of Japanese, and likewise the conversation between Sakura and Onsen-mark in the cafe. Doubtless that's a product of my extremely limited knowledge of Japanese, and once my Japanese improves I'll probably take a shine to the original versions of each ....

Okay. See? You're back and I'm done. Don't get crumbs all over the keyboard now ....

sidzero:
Honestly, I dislike the Dubbing. The first time I watched Beautiful Dreamer, I tried watching it in English, but after about 20 minutes I couldn't stand it anymore and switched it to Japanese and started it over. They made Lum sound WAAAY too much like a space cadet for me.

Kroptik:
The dubbing looks OK, but Mendo's voice just creeps me out. Sounds like a bulky guy talking saying he's afraid of the dark. xD
And I think I've heard Lum's voice somewhere else, and that messes it up for me. :-\

cata:
In the beggining, Lum voice was cute but then... it was so weird... Ataru looks like he has a cold or something. Mendou's super-weird. Onsen-Mark is fine. To me, there's no better version than Japanese's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version