Forum > Suggestions

The World of Urusei Yatsura's Lum Logo Contest

(1/12) > >>

Lum-chan:
The World of Urusei Yatsura's Lum Logo Contest
Due to the new layout (The Green Theme and the variantions of it) the site needs a new logo. If you are creative and want to help me out you can create a new logo with the dimensions 600px × 60px up to 800px X 80px, you can send your creation to forum@lum-chan.com with as subject "New Website Logo Contest".

The text 'The World of Urusei Yatsura's Lum" has to be in the logo.

I have created this topic with your emailed logo's and added a poll to it. Of course you can post your creation in this topic and I'll add it to this Poll as well.

This is the current logo:

Logo 1:

Below are the Logo's submitted by you:

Logo 2:

Logo 3:

Logo 4:

Logo 5:

Logo 6:

Logo 7:

janus:
sounds interesting, I might give it a try.The new logo has to blend in all the color themes, right?
Offtopic: a new skin would probably be a good idea too

DarkDevil:
We don't actually talk only about Lum in Urusei Yatsura, we talk about everyone.
I would say, if we won't keep the logo that we have, lets at least leave "World of Urusei Yatsura".

Lum-chan:
I'm not changing the skin. Updates and modifications aren't always applied to Skins which creates a lot of work for me.
I used a skin a few years ago and it was too much hassle to update the skin as wel as the default skin. Most authors create a nice skin but won't update it as new modifications and updates arrive for the forum and portal software.

But yes, it would be nice to have it transparant but a bordered logo is ok as long as it fits all the greenish Themes which are available (don't make one which should work with the default (blueish) and Babylon theme as the Babylon theme will be deleted and the default is just for testing purposed as it's the default SMF skin)

Lum-chan:

--- Quote from: DarkDevil on July 07, 2008, 02:19:24 AM ---We don't actually talk only about Lum in Urusei Yatsura, we talk about everyone.
I would say, if we won't keep the logo that we have, lets at least leave "World of Urusei Yatsura".

--- End quote ---

Partly correct, but the forum is UY topic most of the times but the basic site (check the navigation menu and especially the galleries are dedicated to our beloved Lum. The text 'The World of Urusei Yatsura's Lum' needs to be in the logo.

I have changed the startpost a bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version