Forum > Urusei Yatsura General Discussion

Please help me find the info on a particular episode

(1/3) > >>

stelok:
In an episode of the anime Urusei Yatsura, Ataru was wearing a yellow jumpsuit with black stripes while trying to court Mendou's sister who is sporting nunchakus. Both Ataru's yellow tracksuit and the Mendou sister's nunchakus clearly are a homage to Bruce lee.

I remembered watching that episode a long ago on cable television channel and I don't own video copy of the series

I was wondering what the particular episode's title and number is?

I needed a credible source about the info to link  on Wikipedia as proof of my claim so the administrators would not delete the info I added to these articles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lee_and_popular_culture#Anime_and_Manga

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_Death#The_yellow_tracksuit

lumzombie:
Since sometimes it takes a while to get a response, and since your entry in Wickapedia is at stake, I suggest clicking on third option on right "Episode Guide" and scroll through.  I just did a quick (extremely quick) check of all 60 pages of video captures and didn't see any yellow jump suits but most pictures (thankfully) concentrate on Lum...

FallinG_StaR:
I do remember some episodes where Ataru shows up in a tracksuit, now if it was yellow whit black stripes that I dont remember.

73. The Mendo Older Brother & Younger Sister!

This episode introduces Mendo's younger sister Ryoko. On he way to school, Ataru is scared white by Ryoko in her Death guise. At school, Ryoko tries to feed her brother lunch; but Mendo is wise to her tricks. Ataru nobly offers to be fed the lunch, but Lum intervenes. Ryoko then makes an offer for Ataru to visit her for a Romeo and Juliet rendezvous. Mendo and Lum try their best to stop this meeting.

84. The Mendo Family's Masquerade War

Ryoko invites Ataru over for a masquerade and Mendo gets a billion others to also show up for a masquerade battle. Ataru tries desperately to get to Ryoko despite the attempts of Lum, Mendo, and others.

134. Deadly Combat! The Mendo Family's Flower Display Death Match

Something has been causing trouble with it's late night snacking anywhere it pleases, and it turns out to be Ryoko's pet cherry blossom tree. When the tree eats a leg off each of Shutaro's octopi, he stages a wrestling match between his secret police and Ryoko's tree. But Ataru and Lum get in on the fight.

Its probably one of these 3... or maybe not...
Its better if you look only for the title and ignore the episode number, because I noticed that some count with the TV specials and others don't.

Koroshiya Megane 13:
I believe the episode you're looking for is #84 (The Mendo Family's Masquerade War).

stelok:
Thanks so much, guys. I have inserted the links you suggested in the Wiki articl as its sources.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version