Forum > Chit & Chat

Bad Karma?!

(1/6) > >>

cata:
Sidzero who the hell you think you are to judge whether this or that artist is good or bad? If you know so much about psychology then you must know that art knowledge and preferences aren't universals. Each person has its own opinions and preferences. Just because you don't like some things it doesn't mean that everyone will agree with you.

sidzero:
Am I not entitled to an opinion? Am I not entitled to state that opinion? I have my reasons for not liking music built like an assembly line product and artists who are little more than a pretty face attached to sell said product. My attitude towards music comes from a time where we, as musicians (former, in my case), still respected music as an art. I don't expect people to agree with me, because I don't expect them to have the same experience or perspective as me. I just prefer art to something mass produced. I, personally, still haven't accepted art as a dying breed.

Though, now that I think about it, that kind of explains why I prefer manga to anime, too. Anime, usually, is little more than an ad for the manga it's based on, to me. Hmmm. Never thought of it like that before...

UruseiNeo:
You are indeed entitled to an opinion... but there are limits to this entitlement.

For example, if my opinion was that you should be stabbed to death, not saying it is but hypothetically, if that was my opinion, then people would get mad and it would turn into a big deal.

There is criticism... and then there is flat out insulting. It is one thing to talk about how something is not very strong and could use some improvement, but it is another to trash talk about it and say it suks.

Example: Though I have tried on a few occasions, I can't sit through Gundam Anime, not MECH anime, specifically the Gundam series. I dunno why but it doesn't catch my interest. Now, despite the fact that I don't like Gundam anime, I would never talk bad about it and tell people it suks in any way because I know that there are thousands of people who DO like it and for good reasons. It's more of a personal lack of taste in the subject than anything else so I don't have the right to trash it.

sidzero:
Yes, but is it wrong to, say, prefer a slice of home-made pie to one that comes wrapped in a Hostess wrapper? What's the difference? Is it insulting to describe something for how it is? Pop music is recorded like an assembly line product. There is a very distinct formula to writing something simple like a pop song. It doesn't exactly take much talent or creativity to apply it. I simply cannot have any sort of appreciation for it.

UruseiNeo:
Yes but in your example, you don't call the "Hostess wrapped pie" crap.

You didn't say you preferred a certain music to the ones we were discussing, you flat out called it "Crap"

--- Quote from: sidzero on January 10, 2009, 02:48:07 AM ---Kids still listen to that kinda crap?

--- End quote ---

I don't have particular appreciation in Gundam either but I still stand by the fact that there are many people who do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version