Forum > Western Games

Mario games

<< < (2/3) > >>

SonicxReiHino:
It can be 2D or 3D. And either way Mario is awesome! :D

swizzle:

--- Quote from: SonicxReiHino on November 08, 2011, 05:42:10 PM ---It can be 2D or 3D. And either way Mario is awesome! :D

--- End quote ---

Very true. xD
And speaking of 3D, I just picked up Super Mario 3D Land yesterday and I must say it's really awesome. It's pretty easy so far, but the game is beautiful, the music is great, the controls are really responsive and it's just fun to play. xP

janus:
I just picked it up today, and boy how disappointed I am at walmart. it the game was released on Sunday and they barely put in on shelves on Wednesday. I have a few complaints about the game, but since this game was released on a portable its understandable that it was meant to be played on the go, overall I'm very satisfied with this game, next stop luigi's mansion 2

swizzle:
I have some complaints about the game as well, but overall I think it's a lot of fun. xD
One of the complaints I have is that they give waaay too many lives, the game is too easy, and it's easy to misjudge a jump so you just go right off the edge every now and then.

I actually have a question though. Did anyone play the DS version of The New Super Mario Bros.? And if so, is it worth picking up? I never got around to playing that one and don't really know much about it so it would be nice to get some opinions on it. xP

janus:
Indeed that is one of the two main complaints about the game the game is too easy. But nintendo's reasoning is to make the game that anyone can play it to capture a broader audience, which makes me think that Ninendoland doesn't sound too farfetched. Let me go nostalgia mode here. I remember playing a mario game in summer during school vacations when I was a kid. Getting stuck in a level or trying to find a secret, I would get to point in rage quitting and turning the console off. After that I would either cool down, think it through and try it again or ask a friend on how they did it. That made me keep practicing to sharpen my reflexes to make timed jumps and think through what to do next. Today we have a game that is too easy, where its harder to loose lives than gain them and if you fail a few times the games extends it's hand to walk you through the level. there should at least be an option to change the difficulty level.

Secondly the thing that I don't like is the music, not that is bad but its not as memorable other mario games I'm not very fond of the music style they've been using this past few entries it feels very generic, although Mario galaxy's music was good. Music is a very important part of my life and having groundbreaking music would of been a huge plus for me.
but enough of my rant
I've played The New Super Mario Bros a bit and what I can tell you it feels the same as Super Mario 3D Land except for the obvious differences.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version