Forum > RPG Storylines & FanFiction

Character Discussion and Defining

(1/51) > >>

UruseiNeo:
As a fan fiction writer I thought that this type of topic would help for all writers. Basically here we discuss a character, one at a time, and talk about that character. Discuss things such as what this character thinks of another character and whether or not the character knows of something.

I think that through this discussion, it will make it easier for writers to understand characters better and their feelings.

Character 1: Lum Invader

Now, we know a whole lot about Lum already due to this site. She's an alien, is in love with Ataru Moroboshi, relatives, friends, cooking skills... etc. But one of the first things I would like to discuss is... how sure is she about her relationship with Ataru.

By that, I mean how sure is she that she will be able to get him to walk down that isle. She has witnessed him countless times doing the right thing but he still chasing other girls.

Forgotten_Lum:
in my personal opinion, ataru will eventually grow up and realize what he is doing, whether it being to late or not is another question. Lum is incredibly patient, it shows, but patients has its limits. Throughout the entire series both Lum and Ataru are growing up, they may not see it because its gradual, but it is happening. Also i keep getting the feeling that they like their little cat and mouse game.

UruseiNeo:
I agree that they might like the cat mouse game.

Anyways what I'm looking for is... what does she think Ataru is thinking about this.
Keep in mind that what Ataru's view on this is and what Lum THINKS his view on this is can be almost two completely different things, correct?

sidzero:
Indeed their views on their relationship ARE completely different. This is a good thread. I'm sure many here know I've done extensive studies on the characters of Urusei Yatsura, particularly Moroboshi Ataru (as can be found in some of my previous posts). Lum, being the other major character of the series, is another one I've studied and analyzed pretty deeply. At this very moment, I don't have the impetus to really make an in-depth post on what I've discovered about her, but perhaps later this evening, when I have more time, I will. I'll get back on this one.

UruseiNeo:
Thank you for the compliment, I'm hoping this thread will help all UY fanfiction writers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version