Forum > Movies, OAV & TV Series

Urusei Yatsura (2022) Episode 1 Discussion

(1/4) > >>

Moroboshi-kun:
Note: This topic might have spoilers!!!

What's your opinion on the first episode?

Vote! :mrgreen:

Moroboshi-kun:
First of all: I have watched the original anime, but have never read the manga.

Well, where to start...

Overall I was very hyped for this and I was not dissapointed!

Voice acting - So far so good. Ataru's VA IMO did a great job and I could tell he is using most "ticks" from Furukawa Toshio. Tho I have read in other sites that people are complaining about "excessive yelling"?
Lum's voice is also good, kinda hard to tell her VA also voices Shalltear and Nagatoro.
Other characters are good too.

Animation: I loved the animation on this episode and most importantly the visual effects!

Comedy: I felt a different vibe on the comedy used on the new series. A bit different and not so "80's style" but still very good. I laughed out loud before the 2 min mark and the remaining episode was hilarious.

Sound: I am missing so much the sounds used on the original anime, especially on the comedy moments. Lum's flying sound is also different, but good. I knew there were going to be big changes here, but I was still hoping to listen do the original and funny sound effects.

Overall: Still gave me the exact same feeling I had waching the original anime back in 2004, 18 years later!!  ;D

Jataru:
Okay where to start where to start...

First of all I never read the manga, only the original anime, but I got the same vibes of the original anime.

The seiyūs performance was top notch, if I didn't know I would think it was the original seiyūs giving their voice.

There was some concern that maybe some characters wouldn't sound like their original voice, but the new seiyūs honored their senpais xD

Ataru's was really great, even that specifically laugh that he's know for was great.

Lum's I was really surprised, when she started talking it sounded like the original seiyū, even with the tcha in the end.

The rest of the characters maintained the good work also.

In my opinion this 'finale' of the tag race was even better than the original, it had more action involved and more groping xD

The second part of the episode was like a typical 80's Urusei Yatsura episode, comical and crazy till the end, like the original series the first episodes also engaged in this kinda love triangle between Ataru, Lum and Shinobi.

You know that sound that start to play on the finale of a Urusei Yatsura episode that went chaotic and comical? That was the only thing that was missing.

I loved the opening and with all that artwork and game references, like the ending it sounded very 80's.

I still didn't hear no "Lum no Love Song", I'm still hoping.

We already know that there are no Stormtroopers, RIP, so I guess the comical relief will go for those 2 friends that were in Ataru's house, I didn't read the manga so I don't know their names XD.

Overall I was gladly surprised, like seeing again a part of your childhood, the first time I saw Urusei Yatsura was in 2004 when I was a kid.

I can't wait for the new episodes to come out, maybe I will see some old episodes of the series, after watching this it kinda gave that feel.

KasugaKyosuke15:
First episode got off on the right foot- Hearing Mr. Moroboshi was a treat, and the style looks new, while being faithful to the original.
The alien invasion seemed bigger in scale compared to the 80's adaptation.

Jataru:

--- Quote from: KasugaKyosuke15 on October 14, 2022, 02:37:58 AM ---The alien invasion seemed bigger in scale compared to the 80's adaptation.

--- End quote ---

There's that also, in the original series it looked more focused on Tomobiki, with all that aircraft around the world it looked more like a real invasion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version