Forum > Urusei Yatsura Goodies 'n' Stuff

Sprite ripping! (Finally)

<< < (2/3) > >>

SonicDaMan:

--- Quote from: UruseiNeo on August 22, 2009, 08:18:48 PM ---you da man, SonicDaMan XD

nice new banner btw

--- End quote ---

lol thanks. And didn't you upload UY stuff before?

UruseiNeo:
ya, I helped Neo1Fox

cata:

--- Quote from: SonicDaMan on August 22, 2009, 07:39:39 PM ---Yup, and I've actually tried playing that game too (However, just like the other games, I don't know what I'm doing, because I don't understand Japanese =P)

--- End quote ---

That's why I went and took Japanese this past year. When I get better at vocabulary, I'll try and play it again.

SonicDaMan:

--- Quote from: cata on August 23, 2009, 01:46:14 AM ---
--- Quote from: SonicDaMan on August 22, 2009, 07:39:39 PM ---Yup, and I've actually tried playing that game too (However, just like the other games, I don't know what I'm doing, because I don't understand Japanese =P)

--- End quote ---

That's why I went and took Japanese this past year. When I get better at vocabulary, I'll try and play it again.

--- End quote ---

ME learn Japanese?!? I can't even learn French! XD (I'm hopeless)

cata:
This is going offtopic but it's just to explain something.

In Portugal, English starts in the 5th grade (usually kids are 9/10 years old) and lasts usually until 11th grade (usually people are 16/17 years old). Some people of course, decide to keep taking English.

French starts at 7th grade (usually kids are 11/12 years old) and "lasts" until 9th grade (kids are 14/15 years old). Some people decide to take French during the 10th, 11th and sometimes 12th grade.

So, here goes the explanation:

When I was in the 3rd grade (7/8 years old) some english teacher came to my school and gave us a workshop that ended up learning how to speak in english and english vocabulary plus the alphabet. One of the few classes I remember was that she was showing us the letters and she was asking us how to say it in English.

Of course nobody knew the "A" (which in portuguese it's "AH" so she said "hey". xD Then came "B" (which in portuguese is 50% like "buh" >.<) so I said "bay!" xD and she said "bee". Next came "C" which is like portuguese "B". So I said "cee". And so on. (I really nailed these classes).
In the end of that class, the teacher came up to me and asked me if I ever learnt English somewhere and I said no, never. I just associated "hey" to vocals and "ee" to consonants. At 8 years old I was that "good" at English. x)

I took French and I never needed support after classes. I was good at it. But after 3 years learning it, it's not enough if people don't practice. So I forgot 93.7 percent about French.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version