Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:19:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent topics

[December 15, 2023, 09:30:30 PM]

[December 06, 2023, 09:24:00 PM]

[September 29, 2023, 09:13:58 PM]

[June 23, 2023, 09:37:46 PM]

[February 25, 2023, 09:15:07 AM]

[February 01, 2023, 08:57:58 PM]

[December 30, 2022, 09:48:45 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:49:07 PM]

[December 17, 2022, 07:29:07 PM]

[December 01, 2022, 11:32:27 PM]

[November 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM]

[November 19, 2022, 05:05:36 PM]

[November 11, 2022, 09:07:28 AM]

[November 06, 2022, 01:52:53 PM]

[November 06, 2022, 12:41:22 PM]
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42136
  • Total Topics: 1983
  • Online Today: 23
  • Online Ever: 389
  • (October 25, 2018, 03:41:03 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14

Author Topic: This feels like, a travel back in time!  (Read 22367 times)

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
    • The World of Urusei Yatsura's Lum
Re: This feels like, a travel back in time!
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2015, 09:20:55 AM »
Sorry for being a bit of late but welcome back again!
Lum-chan

Offline Moroboshi

• Psychotic Fan
  • Harem, harem...!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2015, 05:48:40 PM »
I'm a horrible, very horrible person!!! =(
I posted my last message 5 years ago!!!
5 YEARS!!!

It's ok to be busy, but that's definitely too much!!! T___T
...I love summer sun...

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2015, 08:17:03 PM »
Welcome back ;)
Lum-chan

Offline Urusei0Yatsura

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2016, 10:55:04 PM »
I've come back to this site again in a very long time. Anyone still around?
She/her

Offline Lum-chan

• Administrator
  • Fearless Leader
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2016, 05:56:16 PM »
Yes, some of us are still around. Some new faces arrived too \(^_^)/
Lum-chan

Offline Urusei0Yatsura

• Psychotic Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2016, 12:22:10 AM »
Still busy running the site I see. I mostly hang around the Gayming Community chat and teamspeak on steam and Steam Universe when I'm feeling sociable on that. So if any old friends or new folk want to chat add me on that. Name is Akui.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 12:25:29 AM by Urusei0Yatsura »
She/her

Offline Revenge

• Fan
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2016, 11:43:20 PM »
Hi everyone! Long time I didn't log in here either :( I feel completely like SandStorm, this feels like a time machine. Back when I first registered, I was amazed how many fans of Urusei Yatsura still existed, almost 30 years after the first run... I remember I was watching UY for the 3rd or 4th time, and somehow I ended up here in one of my searches :) Another thing I gladly remember, I met some portuguese people, like me, here. I was astounded, that so many portuguese still remembered this anime when it aired here back in 2004.

Sometimes I forget that I met Lum 12 years ago... time flies... I was 11/12 and I didn't miss a single episode in the TV! I even watched the same episode twice per day, because Lum (the name that UY is known in here) aired first in the morning, then repeated in the afternoon. Good times, guys, good times. In my nostalgia, I still remember the episodes I saw and scenes from them as I remember... gosh, I have to stop.

But, let me say... Lum is still very alive in me, I still buy things like DVDs (I'm finishing the movies collection), OSTs and mangas of this brilliant anime. Bought 1 OST weeks ago from ebay.co.jp :P I fell in love with the ending song of the 4th movie "Melancholy no Kiseki" that I had to buy the CD :) I bought too one special edition of one of my favorite movies ever, UY2: Beautiful Dreamer, I feel like I have gold in my hands :mrgreen:

Some intense nostalgia is hitting me as I write this lines, I feel like watching the whole anime in a week but i can't because I have exams :mrgreen:

I'm seeing some old faces I recognize... hope everyone is doing fine. :) I'll try appear here from now on with more frequency.

Offline [uy]

• Long time fan
  • Fan
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2016, 02:04:24 AM »
I can't believe I joined this community 12 years ago, even thou I haven't really posted that much but I used to follow some threads and have with some stories! I even created my uymail which exists till this day thanks to a thread here.

A lot has happened since my first introduction on the forum.. but still holds a place in my heart for a series that I still this day love it to it's comedy and the best duo ever Lum Ataru.

I came back posting since every year I receive an email wishing happy birthday and let's me know this place is still alive :)

Offline Revenge

• Fan
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2016, 04:26:19 AM »
I can't believe I joined this community 12 years ago, even thou I haven't really posted that much but I used to follow some threads and have with some stories! I even created my uymail which exists till this day thanks to a thread here.

A lot has happened since my first introduction on the forum.. but still holds a place in my heart for a series that I still this day love it to it's comedy and the best duo ever Lum Ataru.

I came back posting since every year I receive an email wishing happy birthday and let's me know this place is still alive :)

:hehe

I'm portuguese too! Your post made me remember that 12 years ago, when you registered, we lost the European Championship to Greece, and now, 2016, we won over France to be European Champions for the 1st time. lol. crazy things I make up :)
Welcome back. Glad to see people that have account here for more than a decade still log in and post some words for us to read and feel nostalgic. 12 years is a lot of time. I met Lum 12 years ago too, like you, through SIC, and more, I bet in this moment, precisely 12 years ago, I was seeing Urusei Yatsura on TV. But, at that time, I didn't have internet at home, so I only arrived here in 2011 ;D

Offline [uy]

• Long time fan
  • Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2017, 09:41:17 AM »
Perhaps I've seen you in Anime Portugal forum? I'm actually the person that send you some time ago a few episodes that aired in Sic Radical of Urusei Yatsura thanks to an uploader in emule which he was sharing basically all the series in VHS-rip (too bad it was only him seeding and it took a while to complete most of what I had, but I give him credit to record the whole thing on tape from SIC R).

2016 was a completely crazy year with a lot of events and definitely Portugal being European Champion in football (or soccer to the US people as you call it) was totally unexpected but well deserved it! 12 years ago I remember with my dial up internet trying to download UY episodes from emule but I didn't know how mkv files or even avi worked back then so I never had a codec pack installed which on a long time later I finally realized that I need to play it haha.

Good to see everyone coming here for a quick hello, it's really happy that I can share again a few stories or just a few messages to all fans

May 2017 be all good to all of you ;)

Offline Lost Shapes

• Casual Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2017, 09:51:15 AM »
I discovered UY in recent years, but can see vividly just how much Rumiko Takahashi changed the industry for my enjoyment with her innovations. UY holds a special place for me, even if it is all new to me too.

Offline SandStorm

• Casual Otaku
    • Storm Resources Forum (your mobile edge)
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2017, 01:47:28 PM »
wait, so, there are several portuguese p+eople here? i only knew cata xD
Follow your dreams...

Offline CoolGuyZool

• Registered
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2017, 11:19:26 PM »
I remember signing up four years ago then forgetting about the site for a while, occasionally visiting due to boredom. Time flies! I'm relieved to see that people still post on here.

Offline theclaw

• The protector.
  • Fan
  • Weird and weird.
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2017, 09:24:40 AM »
Getting difficult for some of us to find new things to say about Lum. Gushing how much we love her is nice, but slowly we'll run out of fun ways to phrase it. ;D

Offline SandStorm

• Casual Otaku
    • Storm Resources Forum (your mobile edge)
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2017, 05:11:01 PM »
real life is a pain in the... (place of choice) :P
sometimes years elapse without myself logging in
Follow your dreams...