Forum > Urusei Yatsura News

New UY Series??!! True Or False??

(1/8) > >>

Superchick24:
Hey everyone. I have a question. I recently was told by my sister that a friend of hers went to a convention or heard on otakumagazine..(not sure which one) but that there were rumors that Urusei Yatsura was being re released by a company that was given rights by Rumiko Takahashi to re make the series in a more modern version for the U.S. and Japan in 2013. Apparently a guy started a petition in Japan that had enough signatures  to get noticed and so they plan to do this dub/ re release of UY in 2013. I have not seen nor heard of this and it seems like a rumor to me. I assumed that the OVA "Obstacle Course Swim Meet" was the final thing to be released for this show since it to me is a masterpiece as it is.  I thought i would ask you..my fellow lum experts because im sure if there was new news regarding this show that you guys would be the first to know. If there is something that you guys find please share and please share your thoughts on this. You guys think if its true is it a good idea? Would the series be accepted as well as the old one?? Just thoughts opinions..I would love to hear them.

;) :???

cata:
I don't want re-makes. I want UY 2.

UruseiNeo:
well... the Dr. Slum anime got a remake or two, I think, and it was a large series, so I can see why it might happen.

I'd watch it, thought chances that the same voices actors will get used, I'm not so sure...

Urusei0Yatsura:
I really hope they are planning a remake of Urusei Yatsura, I can't find it anywhere on google or anime news network so its unlikely. Also Otaku magazine made their last issue in Febuary 2009.

foxhead556:
i hope they remake it(but i would like the sequel) but hey its still UY right? But if this is true i would fly to Japan just to give a hug to the guy who made the petition.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version