Forum > Why do we love Lum that much?

Long, long time ago...

(1/5) > >>

Lum-chan:

--- Quote from: Al ---... in the far '84, I was only 13 years old and she appeared on my tv for the first time giving me a new reason to exist   :shock:  :!:
The only thing I could think about was how to record on tape every frame of her, and in about three years of tv-hunting it was done (too bad the anime hasn't been aired completely in Italy  :evil: )
Since the aired name was different from original I was unable to find other goods for several years, 'till I discovered it thank to a Videogame Magazine (in the 80s in Italy there wasn't any manga...   :x,           they started to appear in the 90s   :cry: ) reporting the address of the best Italian comiconvention...    maybe I could find something else over there, I thought ... :shock:

Well, I have been visiting that convention every year searching for various anime and manga, becoming an expert about most of them, but the real hunt was (and still remains  :D  ) about Lum's goodies, becoming even harder to find as time passed... but nothing compares to the feeling you get buying something you are searching for before someone else   8)

The question was "Why do we love Lum That Much?"... I have no reply...  I only know I love her from the very first time I saw her on my TV...  I know that there's nothing else I need so much as her posters, cards, shitajiki and anything else with her pictures on... and I know nothing able to make me feel the way I feel watching BOY MEETS GIRL...

I don't know why I love her, but one thing is sure...

... NO ONE WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO  TAKE HER AWAY FROM ME ! ! !   BWA HA HA HA HA !!     :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

(heh, it's hard to believe I'm 33, isn't it?  :roll: )
--- End quote ---

Lum-chan:
Not hardly to believe :) I'm 35 and still a massive fan of UY :D tho I don't have that much time atm (see my previous post in an other forum here...)

Lum-chan:

--- Quote from: Al ---Well, I have not so much time anymore right now...I'm far more busy than some year ago, when I was able to search a single manga throughout a lot of shops...but I'll never quit being an otaku, neither for my job!!!
And I'm more than happy to know that there are other "oldies" like me out there... :wink:
--- End quote ---

Lum-chan:
Yes! UY will *never* fade away!

Lum-chan:

--- Quote from: Al ---Yeah, you got it!!! :mrgreen:
This week I'm going to a new convention named Rumicon, obviously dedicated to Rumiko Takahashi, with cosplay contest and other interesting features... it's something new for Italy... :shock:
...well, yes, it's a great chance to find some rare item, but I'm looking forward to see how many otaku will be gathered there, especially those related to UY... :D ...and since Lum is a very popular character, I hope to find a large number of cosplayers...you never know... :wink:

...too bad there is not much more people wandering in this forum, it would be very interesting to exchange messages with many other UY maniacs...
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version